Am I the only one annoyed by the term "Fourth of July?"

The party is never over...

No? People don't return to their routine and forget, for another year the freedoms that were fought for, that we take for granted? Quite reminiscent of the aftermath of 9/11 actually -- the feeling of unity and common decency to each other lasted all of about 90 days....

The fourth of a July is a date.

Today is Independence Day.

It's the original Independence Day. However, freedom from Liberal Fascists will probably occur on another day. What will we call it then?

Either conservative fascism day or anarchy day, depending.

How about FLF Day - Freedom from Liberal Fascism Day. Here are just a few things that will turn 'True Americans' against the Nanny State Government that seeks to enslave the entire populace:

Cap and Trade (a.k.a., Cap and Tax)
National Healthcare
Expansion of the Money Supply
Massive Deficit Spending (which is another reason Obama = Bush III)

It's the original Independence Day. However, freedom from Liberal Fascists will probably occur on another day. What will we call it then?

How about FLF Day - Freedom from Liberal Fascism Day. Here are just a few things that will turn 'True Americans' against the Nanny State Government that seeks to enslave the entire populace:

National Healthcare

You noticed that too, didja?

Many countries have an "Independence Day" ... so to determine which is which they often call them by the date. Cinco De Mayo is Mexico's Independence Day, which actually means the 5th of May. If you go to another country (or just talk to someone from another country) and say Independence Day they will likely look at you like you're crazy. That's why Fourth of July is valid and actually a preferred name when you are global.

Indeed. Let's qualify it to 7/4.

That will confuse Europeans as they will think we declared independence on April 7th.

You didn't?

National Healthcare

Politics rears it's ugly head. Page 5 though. Not bad.

National Healthcare

No, Sarah G started it on Page 1.

I drank a beer last night in the name of our first President, John Hanson. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. They were like, "George Washington." I was like, "You fail at history."

National Healthcare

I drank a beer last night in the name of our first President, John Hanson. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. They were like, "George Washington." I was like, "You fail at history."

LOL!

John Hanson, First President

He was the heir of one of the greatest family traditions in the colonies and became the patriarch of a long line of American patriots – his great-grandfather died at Lutzen beside the great King Gustavus Aldophus of Sweden; his grandfather was one of the founders of New Sweden along the Delaware River in Maryland; one of his nephews was the military secretary to George Washington; another was a signer of the Declaration; still another was a signer of the Constitution; yet another was Governor of Maryland during the Revolution; and still another was a member of the first Congress; two sons were killed in action with the Continental Army; a grandson served as a member of Congress under the new Constitution; and another grandson was a Maryland Senator. Thus, even if Hanson had not served as President himself, he would have greatly contributed to the life of the nation through his ancestry and progeny.

The new country was actually formed on March 1, 1781 with the adoption of The Articles of Confederation. This document was actually proposed on June 11, 1776, but not agreed upon by Congress until November 15, 1777. Maryland refused to sign this document until Virginia and New York ceded their western lands (Maryland was afraid that these states would gain too much power in the new government from such large amounts of land). Once the signing took place in 1781, a President was needed to run the country. John Hanson was chosen unanimously by Congress (which included George Washington). In fact, all the other potential candidates refused to run against him, as he was a major player in the Revolution and an extremely influential member of Congress. ...

National Healthcare

I did? It doesn't look like anyone on page one was annoyed about the 4th of July term.

Don't kid yourselves; Americans are the most independent and irritating people on Earth.

Freedom is obnoxious.

Long may it live!

I did? It doesn't look like anyone on page one was annoyed about the 4th of July term.

No, but some were annoying with their ignorant comments about "Democrats" founding the nation.

No, but some were annoying with their ignorant comments about "Democrats" founding the nation.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

New Topics

Forum List

Back