Am I Mistaking or Does Not The Oil Leak Look Worse?

I just looked at the live feed and to me I am starting to see more black then the brown and to me I see more smaller holes that popped up out of the sea bed that is now spewing mud. Looks like this plan won't work.

BP sheared off part of the pipe with a monster shear but then tried to cut the riser pipe smooth with a diamond wire saw. It is now stuck less than half way through & they have a major leak now.

Live From The Disaster

BP sheared off part of the pipe with a monster shear but then tried to cut the riser pipe smooth with a diamond wire saw. It is now stuck less than half way through & they have a major leak now.

Live From The Disaster

Thank you Kissmy,

I've been busy the last few days. I don't know what I'm looking at anymore. I see the massive oil/mud but I don't recognize the long pipe or where the riser is anymore in the vid. I'm sure they will change video view sometime later.

Live From The Disaster

Thank you Kissmy,

I've been busy the last few days. I don't know what I'm looking at anymore. I see the massive oil/mud but I don't recognize the long pipe or where the riser is anymore in the vid. I'm sure they will change video view sometime later.

Here is a video describing what they were trying to do. They were at the risky point of cutting the top off the BOP with the diamond wire saw & got half way through. There is so much oil gushing out horizontally through the saw cut that you have a hard time seeing what is going on.

This is too technical for me to understand but basically the diamond saw is still in place but jammed? My gosh, you would think that they would have two of those saws on site in case of something like this happened.

This is getting uglier every day.

I'm starting to see some activity, the ROV is moving about, saw its headlights.

Those ROVs are freaked out.

You can see the cable blade just above the yellow & grey ruler on the frame of the saw. It comes out of the pipe & goes around a yellow & black pulley. It is stuck for sure. There is a drill pipe inside the riser pipe that can't be seen. I bet it is heaved up by the well pressure binding the blade inside. They are going to have to cut that saw blade out with another saw & resume the wire cut. This will take a long time.

I appreciate your inputs on this. You seem to know a hell of a lot more then I would ever hope to.

Forum List

Back