Am I getting old? (A thread that has nothing to do with politics!)

For those playing along at home, I just hit 50 last month. Sometimes I feel I'm perhaps out of reference with the people I work with.

We do these health walks after work (our plant is right next to a forest preserve) and during the walk, one of the gals made the comment, "I think I saw a Coyote!"

To which I replied "Okay, were there a bunch of wooden ACME crates and some badly designed traps?"

150px-Wile_E_Coyote.gif

and some of the younger kids just didn't get the joke... When I explained, they still didn't know who Wile E. Coyote was.

There are other examples from TV shows or songs that are part of my half-century of experience that were "before their time", but this one stuck out.

For some of our older posters. Do you have these sorts of experiences?

fuck young people

just make sure you use protection

:redface:

I went to a Roger Waters (formerly of Pink Floyd) concert at Wrigley Feild this month.

Roger is 69 years old.

I hope he made it to the Old Country Buffet after the concert.

I know what you mean. I'm 64, and like to watch music videos on Youtube, especially of performers that were popular when I was young. my mental image of these performers is how they appeared on record covers 40 years ago. When I watch contemporary music videos of the Rolling Stones in concert, I feel that I'm watching old men impersonating the Rolling Stones!

Last edited:
I went to a Roger Waters (formerly of Pink Floyd) concert at Wrigley Feild this month.

Roger is 69 years old.

I hope he made it to the Old Country Buffet after the concert.

I know what you mean. I'm 64, and like to watch music videos on Youtube, especially of performers that were popular when I was young. my mental image of these performers is how they appeared on record covers 40 years ago. When I watch contemporary music videos of the Rolling Stones in concert, I feel that I'm watching old men impersonating the Rolling Stones!

To be absolutely fair to Waters, he looks really good for a man his age. He looks better than I do at 50.

For those playing along at home, I just hit 50 last month. Sometimes I feel I'm perhaps out of reference with the people I work with.

We do these health walks after work (our plant is right next to a forest preserve) and during the walk, one of the gals made the comment, "I think I saw a Coyote!"

To which I replied "Okay, were there a bunch of wooden ACME crates and some badly designed traps?"

150px-Wile_E_Coyote.gif

and some of the younger kids just didn't get the joke... When I explained, they still didn't know who Wile E. Coyote was.

There are other examples from TV shows or songs that are part of my half-century of experience that were "before their time", but this one stuck out.

For some of our older posters. Do you have these sorts of experiences?

Yes.

root beer fizzies...anybody remember those? I have a hankering for them....
I went to a vintage candy store on the square of Denton, Texas last weekend where they have all the old school candy from the 50s and 60s, like Malomilk, Turkish Taffy, etc. Could have spent $50.00 in there easily for one each of all the old favorites.

Forum List

Back