Am I correct, in that Trump has a path to American history as the first impeached and re-elected?

I think The GOP would neglect to place that in the language. He’s not going to be impeached. You already have about 14 Democrats that are breaking rank with The DemNazi Party and if it gets to The Senate, Trump’s Lawyers will weaponize Impeachment to expose corruption in The FBI, Obama Administration, Clinton Campaign and DNC.

From some interpretations he may qualify for a third term if he is impeached and removed from office before his first term expires.
Maybe in fantasyland. If he is removed from office, it will come with the stipulation that he can never again hold federal office.
From some interpretations he may qualify for a third term if he is impeached and removed from office before his first term expires.
Maybe in fantasyland. If he is removed from office, it will come with the stipulation that he can never again hold federal office.

If he is impeached, it fails and then he is re-elected, will he become the first in history for this to happen to?

If so, this could be far more powerful a 2020 than imagined. It would be forever in the history books as the power of the people over the political class. It literally would be referred to in the future by people who demand accountability and reject elitism, big pocket global donors etc.

There will be an American First president in the future. Another threat, be it China or some other nation, and you can imagine a speech that references our present time:

"Remember the election of 2020, when the 45th President Trump won in a landslide, AFTER some tried to remove him from office, based on flimsy charges, as they didn't believe the American people should freely choose him again?

As defiant Americans, we did re-elect him however. A reminder to those who try to circumvent our vote, that we are a Republic and we will choose our destiny. I ask you to do the same for me in the election of 2092!"
It would be an unmistakable repudiation of these Democrats and would leave many Americans with a very negative opinion of them for a long time. That said, a second House Dem has announced he will vote no and says there are others who will also. I make the odds 50-50 that the articles will not make it off the House floor.

Trump will NOT be removed, so says both Lindsey Graham and Chuck McConnell.
I'll be amazed if ANY Senators vote for removal.
The articles are simply too weak even for Never-Trumpers.

Its getting to the point whether impeachment will happen or not. The vote is tightening.

If he is impeached, it fails and then he is re-elected, will he become the first in history for this to happen to?

If so, this could be far more powerful a 2020 than imagined. It would be forever in the history books as the power of the people over the political class. It literally would be referred to in the future by people who demand accountability and reject elitism, big pocket global donors etc.

There will be an American First president in the future. Another threat, be it China or some other nation, and you can imagine a speech that references our present time:

"Remember the election of 2020, when the 45th President Trump won in a landslide, AFTER some tried to remove him from office, based on flimsy charges, as they didn't believe the American people should freely choose him again?

As defiant Americans, we did re-elect him however. A reminder to those who try to circumvent our vote, that we are a Republic and we will choose our destiny. I ask you to do the same for me in the election of 2092!"
It would be an unmistakable repudiation of these Democrats and would leave many Americans with a very negative opinion of them for a long time. That said, a second House Dem has announced he will vote no and says there are others who will also. I make the odds 50-50 that the articles will not make it off the House floor.
Don't know how the negative opinion could get any worse than it already is on the crats, but yep it sure can as the bullcrap continues to roll on.

You're right, but it isn't that shocking. There were just 2 previous Presidents impeached. Clinton was impeached during his 2nd term, so a 3rd term wasn't possible.

Andrew Johnson was a Democrat who never won election in the first place, coming to office after Booth whacked Lincoln. So if he had won in 1868, it wouldn't have been a "re" election.

Holy shit, you have TDS really bad. Please think about reality for a minute before you just start spewing talking points:

1. Bribery is a crime, one that is NOT in any article of impeachment

2. Abuse of power is not a crime.

Abuse of power is a crime... there's no point talking to you if you are trying to stand logic on it's head.

4. You can argue that Clinton didn't perjure, but the ABA disagrees with you, which is why he was disbarred.

Clinton wasn't disbarred. His license was suspended, but he hadn't practiced law in 20 years...

Hey, you know what, some guys don't consider a blow job to be actual sex..

Joe Biden... whenever he says something I already knew what he was going to say.

Is there no way to install NPC blocker on these forums? The Orange Man Bad mantra gets boring quickly.

Forum List

Back