am i being petty?

You do give advice like a high-school cheerleader ... couldn't help myself from pointing out the obvious immaturity and constant obsession with the 'self' that I've seen in your innumerable posts before. Giving bones the word-by-word ... who do you think you are? :lol: You're neither that smart, nor funny to be so full of yourself...

Now look how you contradict yourself, a hallmark of your gradeschool level of ability. The "who do you think you are?" would be the entre that each of us uses when posting a response in a thread. As you did. Or should my reponse be the juvenile "who do you think you are?"

So, I'm high school, but you're grade school...seems pretty much in the right order.

Oh, shucks ... :lol:

Now for the good news: "I've seen in your innumerable posts before..." means that you know who to study for self improvement.

And to give you some of the help you so earnestly need, note that each and every post shows, at the top right, the number of posts each of us has submitted.

Thus, "innumerable " is clearly an inappropriate term.

Sweetheart, I haven't read every single example of your senseless drivel. So yes, 'innumerable' stands. As a matter of fact, from previous experiences, I now tend to skip your input while reading a thread since I already know all of your talking points (it really doesn't take long to figure you out).

So let's review:
1. You require a dictionary.

2. I suggest a thesaurus (look it up in the dictionary)

3. Improve your posts by asking yourself "have I made clear what I am trying to say?"

4.Be more substantive and less vitriolic.

5. Avoid cliches.

And, watch who you're messing with.

Thank you for proving the point I made earlier - that you're so full of yourself it's funny and makes it extremely hard to take anything you say seriously.

Guilty as charged: I do have a rather high opinion of myself, but not without reason. And your revealing of this fact gives a clue as to why you attacked me in this thread. It seems that you do not have a similar opinion of yourself. Good judgement.

It explains why your post #76 is the inexplicable "And at which point exactly would you pull your head out of your ass?"

Rude and uncalled for, but now becomes clear as to why.

I am almost embarrassed for you in that within a short number of post you reversed yourself 180 degrees.
In post#78 you state " ...I've seen in your innumerable posts before..."

and now you state
"...I haven't read every single example of your senseless drivel..."

So, you've read my 'innumerable' posts, but 'haven't read...'
I try to shy away from calling a fellow board member a liar; you can help me by providing an alternative explanation.

Thinking back over most of your posts, they seem to show a fear of standing alone, defending a point of view. Most are of the 'me too, me too' variety. You seem only too happy to attack, rather than provide ideas. Along the lines of "And at which point exactly would you pull your head out of your ass?"

The difference between your post and that of an adult, would be something like this:
"You are wrong in saying _____ or _____ for these reasons: _____ , ____, and ______. It would be wiser to say _______ or ______. "

Not the apparent attack agenda in "And at which point exactly would you pull your head out of your ass?"

No, it is not necessary to thank me for the instruction.

<- listening to mm latest show...maybe not latest has taken me 5 days to get to it....

of course he is sooooooooooooooooo non partisan...my ass

a friend is getting married saturday....i am not invited to the wedding...small wedding at her mom's house family and close friends only....now this is a person i have taught stain glass etc...spend a lot of time with...etc...well it seems some friends are more equal than others...seems she has invited a couple to the wedding who are new comers to the "social circle" this has resulted in hurt feelings on several peoples part. marsh who is always a class act...admits her feelings are hurt but says we will all go....it is am's day and all. i am so pissed...and hurt. am i being petty...at this point i dont even want to go to the reception...which is gonna be a drunker party with bbq.

my not going will be noticed and commented on. but my heart is just not in it now....i realize this could end our friendship for good but i feel like this whole thing has become a slap in the face to me and her older friends. marsh now says we dont have to dress up....and we will make the best of it...i have already rsvp ed as coming....

what to do ...what to do.

Not petty, hurt.

If you and she are friends who are in regular communication, who can blame you?

midnight has a radio show...right now he is ranting about electric cars....i wonder if he thinks shouting makes it clearer?

now him and the phone caller are fussing about prius...something about a brick cell phone and a electric car...he has said idiot and idiotic a few times....loudly

a friend is getting married saturday....i am not invited to the wedding...small wedding at her mom's house family and close friends only....now this is a person i have taught stain glass etc...spend a lot of time with...etc...well it seems some friends are more equal than others...seems she has invited a couple to the wedding who are new comers to the "social circle" this has resulted in hurt feelings on several peoples part. marsh who is always a class act...admits her feelings are hurt but says we will all go....it is am's day and all. i am so pissed...and hurt. am i being petty...at this point i dont even want to go to the reception...which is gonna be a drunker party with bbq.

my not going will be noticed and commented on. but my heart is just not in it now....i realize this could end our friendship for good but i feel like this whole thing has become a slap in the face to me and her older friends. marsh now says we dont have to dress up....and we will make the best of it...i have already rsvp ed as coming....

what to do ...what to do.

Wait awhile before you decide how hurt you are. There could be reasons why she invited the newcomers and not you...perhaps she felt you would understand more about the limited seating? Then again, maybe it's a religious ceremony and she didn't want to offend you by inviting you to a religious ceremony?

I know one wedding I went to where I almost stood up and shouted "WRONG". The minister was talking all about the wife being submissive to the husband and how the husband is the head of the family. Man, it was hard holding my opinion to myself. I imagine you are pretty much the same way?

And if all else fails, just remember that the reception is much more fun than the actual wedding.

Maybe strolling is just a big ol' pain in the ass and the friend was afraid of what she'd say to the minister at the ceremony! :razz:

Forum List

Back