Alzheimer's breakthrough.

Yes, it is nice that they care, but it's like bringing up the death of your child. Sometimes just saying "I'm sorry" works best/

Seriously? Give me a break. :uhoh3: Be thankful that people are asking and care. That's how I would feel. That it was nice gesture.
Seriously. Very seriously. Not at the end.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with asking a person how their loved one is doing. I don't know why you would think there is. That is ridiculous.
Maybe you weren't there at the end when they didn't know what was happening and you had to pull the plug. What's ridiculous is that you are not listening.

What are you talking about? We are talking about asking a person how their loved one is doing. There is nothing "offensive" about that. If you are offended by someone innocently asking how your loved one is doing, then I think the problem is with you, TBH.
So be it. Tell me when you're "there."

After I tell my mom goodnight on the phone and hang up she looks at my dad and says, "who was that?"

She went from not being able to finish a sentence to not being able to talk. Now she can say yea or no or Hi. That's it.

I go 3-4 times a week and take her out and give my dad a break. Yesterday I had her cracking up. And in the car she loves listening to Greek music. So she's been good lately actually. I don't see her getting really irritable lately or crying. That I can't stand. Don't like seeing a loveone hurting.
Well, would it make you feel better if people stopped asking about her? I mean really, people ask about her because they care or they really do want to know. I don't see how that would be "offensive" in any way. My mom also has a degenerative disease (MS). Sure it isn't Alzheimers, but it is certainly progressive and will kill her one day. It doesn't bother me in the least when people ask me how she is, so yeah, that's a little weird to me that you make a commotion about someone asking and showing that they care.

Yes, it is nice that they care, but it's like bringing up the death of your child. Sometimes just saying "I'm sorry" works best/

Seriously? Give me a break. :uhoh3: Be thankful that people are asking and care. That's how I would feel. That it was nice gesture.
At the end, I would just assume they not ask or change the subject. I was the medical surrogate and had to make the decision to withhold food and pull all tubes. Just don't ask. When it's over remind person that they crossed over and are healed. Things will be beautiful for them now.

Perhaps you are too sensitive. Like I told you, it doesn't bother me in the least when a person asks. I am happy that people care enough to ask.
Have you been there when she just looks at you with fright and can only grunt? Have you been there when they ask what her wishes were and you say starve her to death?

What does that have to do with a person asking how your loved one is doing? It is because they care and want to know how the person is doing. If you take that as an offense, again, the problem is you, not the person asking.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with asking a person how their loved one is doing. I don't know why you would think there is. That is ridiculous.
Maybe you weren't there at the end when they didn't know what was happening and you had to pull the plug. What's ridiculous is that you are not listening.

What are you talking about? We are talking about asking a person how their loved one is doing. There is nothing "offensive" about that. If you are offended by someone innocently asking how your loved one is doing, then I think the problem is with you, TBH.

Where? You seem to be going into a melt-down mode. Perhaps you should send out an e-mail to your friends instructing them which questions are alright and which would offend you. Good grief. Get a grip. People get sick and they die. Other people are going to ask out of curiosity or caring. That is life. Get used to it. Everybody is NOT going to tip toe around you, and if you expect that, then you will make people uncomfortable to be around you and lose friends.

At the end, I would just assume they not ask or change the subject. I was the medical surrogate and had to make the decision to withhold food and pull all tubes. Just don't ask. When it's over remind person that they crossed over and are healed. Things will be beautiful for them now.

Perhaps you are too sensitive. Like I told you, it doesn't bother me in the least when a person asks. I am happy that people care enough to ask.
Have you been there when she just looks at you with fright and can only grunt? Have you been there when they ask what her wishes were and you say starve her to death?

What does that have to do with a person asking how your loved one is doing? It is because they care and want to know how the person is doing. If you take that as an offense, again, the problem is you, not the person asking.
Can you comprehend anything? Let it go.

I've had a VERY close family member die (several actually), and people have asked me about them. I don't take offense because I understand they are asking because they CARE.

Can you comprehend anything? Let it go.

Can you? There is nothing wrong with asking a person how their loved one is doing. If this makes you angry, I suggest you seek help.

Where? You seem to be going into a melt-down mode. Perhaps you should send out an e-mail to your friends instructing them which questions are alright and which would offend you. Good grief. Get a grip. People get sick and they die. Other people are going to ask out of curiosity or caring. That is life. Get used to it. Everybody is NOT going to tip toe around you, and if you expect that, then you will make people uncomfortable to be around you and lose friends.
I saw my father die and it does not compare to Alzheimer patients when they hare helpless and you just tell them to make her die, now. You are an ass.

I've had a VERY close family member die (several actually), and people have asked me about them. I don't take offense because I understand they are asking because they CARE.
Bully for you! How many died because of you?

Bully for you! How many died because of you?

What??? My God, another internet nutjob. How sad. I thought you were one of the "sane" people around here. Guess I was wrong. :dunno:

Why are you trying to turn a thoughtful act into something nefarious?

I saw my father die and it does not compare to Alzheimer patients when they hare helpless and you just tell them to make her die, now. You are an ass.

I "make her die?" How so? Explain this unwarranted accusation that you are making against me.

My grandmother is suffering from senile dementia (very similar to Alzheimer's - in fact, Alzheimer's is a type of dementia), and people ask me how she is doing all the time. YOU are the one with the problem. Seek help.

I saw my father die and it does not compare to Alzheimer patients when they they are helpless and you just tell them to make her die, now. You are an ass.

I "make her die?" How so? Explain this unwarranted accusation that you are making against me.
Would you read and comprehend? I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you. It was about my experiences.

I saw my father die and it does not compare to Alzheimer patients when they they are helpless and you just tell them to make her die, now. You are an ass.

Would you read and comprehend? I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you. It was about my experiences.

You aren't even making sense. Here is what you said " . . . it does not compare to Alzheimer patients when they are helpless and you just tell them to make her die, now. You are an ass."

Sorry, but my grandmother is suffering from dementia, which is pretty much the same thing as Alzheimer's. No matter how you try to twist asking about a person into something evil, it just is not. People ask because they care and because they actually DO want to know how the person is doing. They don't ask to be mean.

My grandmother is suffering from senile dementia (very similar to Alzheimer's - in fact, Alzheimer's is a type of dementia), and people ask me how she is doing all the time. YOU are the one with the problem. Seek help.
Talk to your mother and see if she is the medical surrogate. You are very naive.

Talk to your mother and see if she is the medical surrogate. You are very naive.

My aunt and I are the caretakers of my grandmother. My aunt is the POA when it comes to making medical decisions, me being second in line. Now what? It seems as if you are angry that other people are NOT offended when a person asks how their loved one is doing. Well, sorry, it is that person trying to be thoughtful. They aren't asking to "hurt" you. You expect people to understand you, well, you also need to understand them. Do you throw yourself to the ground when a person asks how your loved one is doing or what?

Is everyone who posts here fucking insane or what? :ack-1:
You have trouble comprehending. Nothing I can do about that.

Well, you have to calm down and try to make some sense if you want people to be able to comprehend. Also, nix the false accusations.
LOL...there were no false accusations dear.

Very much so false accusations and many assumptions. I work in the medical field and I've experienced sick family members and the death of family members. So don't you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Forum List

Back