CDZ Always been on the fence about abortion. Did grotesque actions of Planned Parenthood impact you?

I'm a Christian who has evolved as a person of Faith over time. I have always been pro-choice, but over time I have come to really question when such a decision is acceptable. For instance, at what point in the pregnancy is a child not a child yet, etc.

Some of the grotesque profiting from these abortions by Planned Parenthood has certainly impacted my opinion and had an influence. Just the inhumanity and devaluing of life, or what would have been life has had an affect on me and my opinion. I still remain on the fence and the circumstances, but, I am certainly more against abortion at least in theory than I had been before I learned of PP.

So, have any of you changed, altered, or reinforced your opinion based on Planned Parenthood's actions and/or "leaks" as presented in the media?

How do you feel about contraceptives and age appropriate sex ed in the public schools as part of a comprehensive curriculum on health? How about pregnancy created by rape or incest? What if the pregnant women's life is in danger? Would you approve of abortion if the amniocenteses discovered catastrophic defects?

Why do you believe the media stories you note are true and not calumny? Have you done an investigation on what PP does and who and what are its benefits?

What motivated you to post this thread?

Hmmm....rape and incest....

Why don't you ask this woman....whose mother was raped, and she was the product of that rape......who then went on to find her birth mother after she was given up for adoption....

Rebecca Kiessling discovers she was conceived by RAPE after tracking birth mother | Daily Mail Online

The attacker was never caught but Joann discovered she was pregnant with his baby.

Rebecca explained: 'Abortion was illegal in Michigan. Mum admitted if it had been legal at the time she would have had an abortion.

'That really upset me. She even went to two backstreet abortion clinics but in the end was too fearful for her life when she saw the conditions there.

----

She received a reply with her mother's full name and Rebecca's name at birth - Judy Ann Miracle.

She said: 'I was scared she wouldn't want to meet me but she was thrilled to hear from me.'

But she said: 'When I first met her, it felt natural to call Joann 'Mum' and she has said she sees me as a blessing.

'I'm so happy something so good came from something so awful.'

Joann was thrilled to hear from her biological daughter. And when Rebecca married husband Robert Kiessling in 1998, Joann was the mother of the bride.

Rebecca said: 'I didn't know if I would ever see her let alone have her at my wedding. It was an amazing day.'

Rebecca revealed that she even told her own children what had happened.

She said: 'I'd always felt compelled to adopt children so we did that before we had our own.

'They know their biological grandfather was a bad man who hurt Grandma. I don't see a reason to hide that.'

Sadly Rebecca's relationship with her adoptive parents was not as strong and they severed contact.

Rebecca said: 'In 2010, I asked Mum if she and her husband Joe, who wasn't with her when I was born, might adopt me.

'They thought it was a great idea. I'm Joe's first child so we had a big party with 'It's a girl' balloons.

Read more: Rebecca Kiessling discovers she was conceived by RAPE after tracking birth mother | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: Rebecca Kiessling discovers she was conceived by RAPE after tracking birth mother | Daily Mail Online

I'm a Christian who has evolved as a person of Faith over time. I have always been pro-choice, but over time I have come to really question when such a decision is acceptable. For instance, at what point in the pregnancy is a child not a child yet, etc.

Some of the grotesque profiting from these abortions by Planned Parenthood has certainly impacted my opinion and had an influence. Just the inhumanity and devaluing of life, or what would have been life has had an affect on me and my opinion. I still remain on the fence and the circumstances, but, I am certainly more against abortion at least in theory than I had been before I learned of PP.

So, have any of you changed, altered, or reinforced your opinion based on Planned Parenthood's actions and/or "leaks" as presented in the media?

No. I believe that the only abortion that is moral is the one that if not done, will cost the woman her life or her life and the babies life. Then the abortion is an act of Triage, and not murder....you are trying to save life rather than committing murder.

This is very interesting.

As close as our views are on abortion, mine are not based upon morality at all. Yet we come very close to the same conclusions.

How do you feel about contraceptives and age appropriate sex ed in the public schools as part of a comprehensive curriculum on health? How about pregnancy created by rape or incest? What if the pregnant women's life is in danger? Would you approve of abortion if the amniocenteses discovered catastrophic defects?

Why do you believe the media stories you note are true and not calumny? Have you done an investigation on what PP does and who and what are its benefits?

Incest....you could ask this woman...who was born through incest.......

Woman Conceived in Incest: Please Don't Kill Children Like Me in Abortion | LifeNews.com

“I had a wonderful childhood. My parents gave me everything I needed. Many adoptees have a desire to know more. I did have that desire,” she says, “I finally decided it was the right time to look further into my adoption and I tried to do it without telling my adoptive parents, and that didn’t work out in my favor. I wasn’t able to get any information and I knew, at the same time, that I wasn’t doing it the right way, that I should be honest with my parents. So I asked them for information and they were very upfront. The answer I got was difficult to hear.”

Kristi’s parents told her that when she was thirteen a newspaper article had been run about a court case in which a woman was pressing charges against her own father for years of rape. Kristi’s parents recognized the woman’s name as Kristi’s birth mother because although it was a closed adoption, her parents received paperwork from the birth mother’s attorney that had included the birth mother’s name. Kristi learned that there had been six children created over the years of incest. One died due to physical abuse causing Kristi’s mother to miscarry. Another four were terminated through abortion in order to cover up the incest. And a sixth child was placed for adoption. It seemed likely that Kristi was that child and that she had been conceived through incest.

”Of course I wasn’t expecting that. I had no idea. It had never crossed my mind,” says Kristi, “It took me a few weeks to really think about going further with my search. If this is accurate (information) what was this going to bring up for (my mother)?”

------

“I’m very thankful that I chose to go ahead and find her,” says Kristi, “I felt both sad and also blessed to have been carried to term and brought into this world. The only information I know about why my life was spared was that my biological mother chose to hide the pregnancy for a time. She actually wasn’t sure I was alive because she didn’t see me after I was born and she accidently received a bill for an infection I had at birth. I was flown to another hospital to be treated and she had been told that it was likely that I didn’t survive.”

Why don't you ask this woman....whose mother was raped, and she was the product of that rape......who then went on to find her birth mother after she was given up for adoption....

Rebecca Kiessling discovers she was conceived by RAPE after tracking birth mother | Daily Mail Online

The attacker was never caught but Joann discovered she was pregnant with his baby.

Rebecca explained: 'Abortion was illegal in Michigan. Mum admitted if it had been legal at the time she would have had an abortion.

'That really upset me. She even went to two backstreet abortion clinics but in the end was too fearful for her life when she saw the conditions there.

----

She received a reply with her mother's full name and Rebecca's name at birth - Judy Ann Miracle.

She said: 'I was scared she wouldn't want to meet me but she was thrilled to hear from me.'

But she said: 'When I first met her, it felt natural to call Joann 'Mum' and she has said she sees me as a blessing.

Joann was thrilled to hear from her biological daughter. And when Rebecca married husband Robert Kiessling in 1998, Joann was the mother of the bride.

Rebecca said: 'I didn't know if I would ever see her let alone have her at my wedding. It was an amazing day.'

She said: 'I'd always felt compelled to adopt children so we did that before we had our own.

'They know their biological grandfather was a bad man who hurt Grandma. I don't see a reason to hide that.'

Sadly Rebecca's relationship with her adoptive parents was not as strong and they severed contact.

Rebecca said: 'In 2010, I asked Mum if she and her husband Joe, who wasn't with her when I was born, might adopt me.

'They thought it was a great idea. I'm Joe's first child so we had a big party with 'It's a girl' balloons.

I love Rebecca Kiessling. She is one of the kindest, most patient and thoughtful people on the planet. I've had the privilege to be 'friend's with her and to talk with on a few occasions. Just a beautiful and fascinating human being.

And she is a lawyer.

So we had some legal discussions on the Constitutional aspects of the rape exception which I still support for Constitutional reasons and she does not support them for personal and moral reasons.

She was kind enough to agree with me that a rape exception MIGHT be one but not the other. Might be Constitutional but not moral.

She is such a wonderful lady, I decided to not push the issue any further on that.

----

I love Rebecca Kiessling. She is one of the kindest, most patient and thoughtful people on the planet. I've had the privilege to be 'friend's with her and to talk with on a few occasions. Just a beautiful and fascinating human being.

And she is a lawyer.

So we had some legal discussions on the Constitutional aspects of the rape exception which I still support for Constitutional reasons and she does not support them for personal and moral reasons.

She was kind enough to agree with me that a rape exception MIGHT be one but not the other. Might be Constitutional but not moral.

She is such a wonderful lady, I decided to not push the issue any further on that.

Thanks for that.......who would have thought that an individual in a story from Britain would be someone known to a poster I post with....thanks....

----

And she is a lawyer.

Thanks for that.......who would have thought that an individual in a story from Britain would be someone known to a poster I post with....thanks....

No problem.

Small world!

Forum List

Back