Although Mitt Romney lacks charisma, he's shown incredible fortitude and ruthlessness

Which has what to do with you being an anti-capitalist, atheist, anti-Israel, class-warfare mongering über-RINO?

None of those issues matter to people.

There's not a single guy worried about his job whose out there thinking, "Man, My family might be starving, but I sure hope Israel's gonna be okay!"

An anti-capitalist, atheist, anti-Israel class-warfare mongering candidate isn't at the top of anyone's list for President, JoeAmpad.

I thought that was your complaint with the guy who currently has the job. I mean, to read the posts here.

So are you admitting Obama loves Capitalism, Israel and the wealthy? Because you wouldn't know it from the posts here...

Poor Zander. Crying in his beer because he's not man enough to admit that he's backing a loser...

Come on! 21% in Kansas.

What's wrong with Kansas? Not a fucking thing.

I'll bet you $10,000 that Romney beats Obama in Kansas.
If Santorum doesn't make that a moot point; Alabama AND Mississippi are NEXT.

Poor Zander. Crying in his beer because he's not man enough to admit that he's backing a loser...

Come on! 21% in Kansas.

That's not the point, moron.

The GOP hasn't lost Kansas since Barry Goldwater. I would hope that Romney will win that one fairly easily.

But if he's only getting 21% in Kansas, if he's only getting 59% in Virginia after they cheated and took everyone else off the ballot to help him, , how is he going to do in states that are going to be a lot closer?

You talk about "inevitability" and "electability" like they are virtues.

What I don't hear you saying is "inspirational" or "transformative".

He's not Ronald Reagan. He's Bob Dole.

Come on! 21% in Kansas.

The GOP hasn't lost Kansas since Barry Goldwater. I would hope that Romney will win that one fairly easily.

But if he's only getting 21% in Kansas, if he's only getting 59% in Virginia after they cheated and took everyone else off the ballot to help him, , how is he going to do in states that are going to be a lot closer?

And Santorum is Alan Keyes and Gingrich is Bozo the Clown.

Romney didn't campaign in Kansas, bigot.

I guess by your logic, hater, the GOP should nominate Santorum or Gingrich because "they'd do better with evangelicals."

:thup:

Outstanding.

Come on! 21% in Kansas.

No he's not.

Bob Dole isn't ruthless.

No he's not.

Bob Dole isn't ruthless.
He's Bob Dole
I wish.

He's going to be battered and wounded after the RNC..but Democrats should not take this cat lightly. He's tough. And he has some qualities that are sure to make the general a real piss and vinegar fight. He's got no moral center on anything which will make it easy for him to transition into a moderate in the general. He's also very clever and ruthless. He has no trouble saying anything about anything, and cites "situational ethics".

And what he lacks in charm and charisma..he will be made up with his money and political machine. The guy has a great ground game and has overwhelmed everyone of his opponents with it.

I seriously hope Democrats are paying attention. This guy has a real good shot at winning.

No Shit!!! :lol:

staples-free-standard-shipping-on-most-orders75-2.jpg

No he's not.

Bob Dole isn't ruthless.
He's Bob Dole
I wish.

Keep thinking that until the Election is over, it will be easier on you.

No he's not.

Bob Dole isn't ruthless.
He's Bob Dole
I wish.

Bob Dole is an American hero..and a good man.

Mitt Romney could learn what ethics and patriotism is all about from Bob Dole.

No he's not.

Bob Dole isn't ruthless.
He's Bob Dole
I wish.

Dole is a Great Man, he was a poor Nominee. He would have fared better in a Cabinet Position. Thanks for sticking up for him though.

I guess by your logic, hater, the GOP should nominate Santorum or Gingrich because "they'd do better with evangelicals."

Outstanding.

Point was, Dole didn't have a problem connecting with Evangelicals, even though he wasn't one of them. No one was thrilled with Dole, but the key groups didn't hate him.

Romney didn't campaign in Kansas because he knew he wouldn't win.

And that's the problem. Unless it's the other guy's home state, you campaign there. If you are skipping states, you are already admitting your candidacy is weak.

Incidently, I don't think Santorum or Gingrich can win, but they won't fracture the coalition for the next guy. Romney might.

The real swing voter is the working class guy who happens to be a Christian. They called these folks "Reagan Democrats" in 1984, but the real guy who took them out of the D column was Richard Nixon. Clinton got them marginally in the D column, but that's only because a bunch of them went for Perot. Bush started to win them back, but the 2008 Recession blew that advantage.

Santroum connects with that guy. Romney is the guy who lays him off.

He's Bob Dole
I wish.

Dole is a Great Man, he was a poor Nominee. He would have fared better in a Cabinet Position. Thanks for sticking up for him though.

Bob Dole was, and is, a great man! I would have proudly voted for him! His main problem, in my opinion, was that he campaigned poorly - coming across too stiff and mean-spirited. I thought he would have made a great president. He was from the days when Republicans weren't all batshit crazy.

He's Bob Dole
I wish.

I don't think Dole was a bad candidate in so much as he really didn't have an argument.

In 1996, you had unemployment at 5.2%, we were at peace, the budget was on its way to being balanced. What was Dole really going to argue?

I voted for Dole because I thought (and still think) Clinton was a terrible person, but I would love to have the 1996 economy back now.

I always thought that had George H.W. Bush originally chosen Dole as his VP running mate instead of Dan Quayle that Bush would have won re-election - and Dole would have ultimately become president. As I recall, there was some bad blood between H.W. and Dole at that time.

Outstanding.

Point was, Dole didn't have a problem connecting with Evangelicals, even though he wasn't one of them. No one was thrilled with Dole, but the key groups didn't hate him.

Romney didn't campaign in Kansas because he knew he wouldn't win.

And that's the problem. Unless it's the other guy's home state, you campaign there. If you are skipping states, you are already admitting your candidacy is weak.

Incidently, I don't think Santorum or Gingrich can win, but they won't fracture the coalition for the next guy. Romney might.

The real swing voter is the working class guy who happens to be a Christian. They called these folks "Reagan Democrats" in 1984, but the real guy who took them out of the D column was Richard Nixon. Clinton got them marginally in the D column, but that's only because a bunch of them went for Perot. Bush started to win them back, but the 2008 Recession blew that advantage.

Santroum connects with that guy. Romney is the guy who lays him off.

Poll after poll has shown that of the Republican candidates whom Republicans will not vote for, Romney is at the bottom. He is in the single digits, Santorum is in the teens and Gingrich is 20%-25%. Since the vast majority of evangelicals are Republicans, you simply have to do the math to know that the polls you preciously cling to in the hope you don't wind up in the loony bin c2013 don't hold. The idea that evangelicals are going to stay home in droves if Romney is the nominee is laughable. The base always comes out, and they will especially do so in November.

Independents, not evangelical Christian working people, will decide this election.

Poll after poll has shown that of the Republican candidates whom Republicans will not vote for, Romney is at the bottom. He is in the single digits, Santorum is in the teens and Gingrich is 20%-25%. Since the vast majority of evangelicals are Republicans, you simply have to do the math to know that the polls you preciously cling to in the hope you don't wind up in the loony bin c2013 don't hold. The idea that evangelicals are going to stay home in droves if Romney is the nominee is laughable. The base always comes out, and they will especially do so in November.

Independents, not evangelical Christian working people, will decide this election.

Guy, I know a lot of Evagelicls who won't vote for Romney. You just dont understand how much the crazy Baptists hate Mormons. (Hint, they hate them more than I do).

If all four of your candidates suck, you get new candidates. you don't go whining, "My guy sucks less than your guy".

Fact of the matter was, McCain got 4 million less votes than Bush did. I dont see Romney getting those people back, or attracting many more new voters.

For the mythical independents, Romney's negatives amongst them are incredibly high.

Forum List

Back