Although Mitt Romney lacks charisma, he's shown incredible fortitude and ruthlessness

Without clicking into partisan mode, can you name a president who actually won by doing that?

(Any list you come up with will be all Republicans and completely wrong, of course.)

Nixon.

He was almost impeached for it too.

And Reagan.

But I will say Reagan had a great deal of Charisma and probably didn't need to engage in dirty tricks.

See, I knew you couldn't do it without being partisan.

Come on, Reagan. I would say Reagan was the most inspiring guy whose held the office in my lifetime.

He didn't destroy Carter or Mondale. Carter destroyed himself by being a complete boob. Mondale just promised more of the same.

Nixon you could have a little more of a leg to stand on, although, again, I would go so far to say that McGovern did more damage to himself than Nixon did.

I really do think Reagan's people talked the the Iranian government prior to the election. Events bear that out.

Carter wasn't a complete boob. He was way to honest. That's never a good thing in a politician, although everyone seems to want it. He leveled with the American people and they didn't like the reality.

But that is the point isn't it ?

Al Gore and John Kerry were not great opponents. I voted for Bush twice (and both cried and threw up afterwards). I really didn't vote for Bush. I voted against his opponents.

And that is the point we have reached. This isn't about who can do a better job. It is more about who won't screw us up further.

I was watching O'Reily last night and he was interviewing Beck. Beck was asking if we are ever going to have leadership that will step forward and describe the price we will need to pay in order to get things back in balance.

Obama wants to raise taxes on the rich. I can go for that. For every dollar he increases taxes....he has to cut four from spending (and that includes social security and medicare). That means that some people are going to have to come out of the system.

If Romney thinks he can grow his way out of this mess....WRONG.

Anyway....the point being that when Romney finally gets the nod, the campaign then becomes about what a super lousy job Obama has done. Who takes his place won't matter.

Seriously, the act of voting brings you to tears and vomiting? I'm hoping you are being figuartive and not literal here, because it would indicate you aren't made of very tough stuff.

I actually vote for Bush, but this was before I became completely disillusioned about how the GOP has become completely in the thrall of big corporations that are raping this country.

Again, the whole theory that Romney supporters have put forward is that the 65% of Republicans who really don't want Romney (even if they can't all agree on an alternative) are going to magically fall in line after he gets the nomination. It just won't happen.

It's already happening. Look at Dick Morris, Laura Ingrahm, Ann Coulter. You think they "like" Mitt ? I don't think so. But they all support him (the last I heard).

It is very clear to me that people will rally around Mitt once the primary is over.

But that is the point isn't it ?

Al Gore and John Kerry were not great opponents. I voted for Bush twice (and both cried and threw up afterwards). I really didn't vote for Bush. I voted against his opponents.

And that is the point we have reached. This isn't about who can do a better job. It is more about who won't screw us up further.

I was watching O'Reily last night and he was interviewing Beck. Beck was asking if we are ever going to have leadership that will step forward and describe the price we will need to pay in order to get things back in balance.

Obama wants to raise taxes on the rich. I can go for that. For every dollar he increases taxes....he has to cut four from spending (and that includes social security and medicare). That means that some people are going to have to come out of the system.

If Romney thinks he can grow his way out of this mess....WRONG.

Anyway....the point being that when Romney finally gets the nod, the campaign then becomes about what a super lousy job Obama has done. Who takes his place won't matter.

Seriously, the act of voting brings you to tears and vomiting? I'm hoping you are being figuartive and not literal here, because it would indicate you aren't made of very tough stuff.

I actually vote for Bush, but this was before I became completely disillusioned about how the GOP has become completely in the thrall of big corporations that are raping this country.

Again, the whole theory that Romney supporters have put forward is that the 65% of Republicans who really don't want Romney (even if they can't all agree on an alternative) are going to magically fall in line after he gets the nomination. It just won't happen.

It's already happening. Look at Dick Morris, Laura Ingrahm, Ann Coulter. You think they "like" Mitt ? I don't think so. But they all support him (the last I heard).

It is very clear to me that people will rally around Mitt once the primary is over.

I saw it in the Arizona debates..where Paul called Santorum, a fake. Everyone has stopped beating up on Mitt.

He's going to be battered and wounded after the RNC..but Democrats should not take this cat lightly. He's tough. And he has some qualities that are sure to make the general a real piss and vinegar fight. He's got no moral center on anything which will make it easy for him to transition into a moderate in the general. He's also very clever and ruthless. He has no trouble saying anything about anything, and cites "situational ethics".

And what he lacks in charm and charisma..he will be made up with his money and political machine. The guy has a great ground game and has overwhelmed everyone of his opponents with it.

I seriously hope Democrats are paying attention. This guy has a real good shot at winning.

circa august 2008-

Although Obama lacks experience, he's shown incredible fortitude and ruthlessness

He's going to be battered and wounded after the DNC..but republicans should not take this cat lightly. He's tough. And he has some qualities that are sure to make the general a real piss and vinegar fight. He's got no moral center on anything which will make it easy for him to transition into a moderate in the general. He's also very clever and ruthless. He has no trouble saying anything about anything, and cites "situational ethics".

And what he lacks in charm and charisma..he will be made up with his money and political machine. The guy has a great ground game and has overwhelmed everyone of his opponents with it.

I seriously hope republicans are paying attention. This guy has a real good shot at winning.

:eusa_whistle:

He's going to be battered and wounded after the RNC..but Democrats should not take this cat lightly. He's tough. And he has some qualities that are sure to make the general a real piss and vinegar fight. He's got no moral center on anything which will make it easy for him to transition into a moderate in the general. He's also very clever and ruthless. He has no trouble saying anything about anything, and cites "situational ethics".

I seriously hope Democrats are paying attention. This guy has a real good shot at winning.

Ask Newt about Romney. He knows that he is an underhanded players. He lets his super PAC do the damage and then smiles and says he knows nothing about what they are doing. He uses his religion as a cover, then he goes for the throat.

I don't see a change when he gets the GOP nomination. WATCH YOUR BACK AROUND MITT!

No moral center? Ruthless?

1) You had a bad dream last night

2) Someone supersized your kewlade this morning

3) Your bar tab last night was twice what it has been for the last couple of months, and you can't remember anything.

4) Indigestion?
:lmao:

Can we help?

circa august 2008-

Although Obama lacks experience, he's shown incredible fortitude and ruthlessness

He's going to be battered and wounded after the DNC..but republicans should not take this cat lightly. He's tough. And he has some qualities that are sure to make the general a real piss and vinegar fight. He's got no moral center on anything which will make it easy for him to transition into a moderate in the general. He's also very clever and ruthless. He has no trouble saying anything about anything, and cites "situational ethics".

I seriously hope republicans are paying attention. This guy has a real good shot at winning.

:eusa_whistle:

Polly..

Want a cracker? :lol:

3) Your bar tab last night was twice what it has been for the last couple of months, and you can't remember anything.

4) Indigestion?

Can we help?

ruth·less/ˈro͞oTHləs/
Adjective:
Having or showing no pity or compassion for others: "a ruthless manipulator".
Synonyms:
merciless - pitiless - cruel - unmerciful - remorseless

In a former life, Romney used other people's money to buy up viable companies, parse out their assets and dump their employees, many who had been working at these companies for decades.

In what world..is that not Ruthlessness?

And..as governor, Romney actually spoke up for gay people and worked with Democrats to come up with viable plan for Massachuettes. He then went on to write OpEds and make the rounds on the tv circuit...telling President Obama that Romneycare would be a good template for national health care.

Now as a Presidential candidate he wants to repeal health care and says he's against gay marriage.

How does that show a moral center?

I think you are putting too much into it.

he's fought a very nasty campaign against weak opponents who are personally very unpopular. Running a smear campaign against Newt Gingrich is easy. He has a history and the media was happy to help...

Running a smear campaign against Barack Obama is another matter. The media will scream racism if he goes anywhere out of bounds. Or even in bounds.

And frankly, I'm not impressed with his campaign. He's benefited more from opponents self-destructing than his defeating them. So now he's in a death struggle with a guy who was polling in single digits in December.

He'll win, eventually, because he has more money and organization. But Obama has yet more money and a lot more organization.

I don't find it surprising that the media left would be all to happy to bring up the "race" card, should any attack against Pesident Obama begin to take fruit. The left is great at manipulating the topics into something it's not, in hopes to gain some sort of "simpathy" sob story concern for the candidate under attack or the political policy they hope to pass (Washington's own Mrs. Fluke).

They will try to paint Romney as the rich man without concern for the economy or getting people back to work, yet wealth was perfectly ok when Kerry married into it. Obama is another candidate that has been successful at generating wealth through book publishings as well as through various campaign speeches (like Clinton). This President has never refused a campaign contribution regardless if any public srutiny may be found behind receiving it. Mention ethics and politics and you are always certain to get a good laugh.

This is the left's opportunity to SPIN past the issues in hopes the voters will find something else to be of greater importantance than the more relevent issues the nation faces. Let's just see if the media left and Obama can manage to maintain on topic when it comes to the issues, or if they will coward behind cloak and dagger tactics to avoid them. Are we ready to see how long the left is capable of refraining from using the race card when backed to a corner (2 months, 1 month, perhaps only a week)? Any takers on how long they can hold out?

Last edited:

he's fought a very nasty campaign against weak opponents who are personally very unpopular. Running a smear campaign against Newt Gingrich is easy. He has a history and the media was happy to help...

Running a smear campaign against Barack Obama is another matter. The media will scream racism if he goes anywhere out of bounds. Or even in bounds.

And frankly, I'm not impressed with his campaign. He's benefited more from opponents self-destructing than his defeating them. So now he's in a death struggle with a guy who was polling in single digits in December.

He'll win, eventually, because he has more money and organization. But Obama has yet more money and a lot more organization.

I don't find it surprising that the media left would be all to happy to bring up the "race" card, should any attack against Pesident Obama begin to take fruit. The left is great at manipulating the topics into something it's not, in hopes to gain some sort of "simpathy" sob story concern for the candidate under attack or the political policy they hope to pass (Washington's own Mrs. Fluke).

They will try to paint Romney as the rich man without concern for the economy or getting people back to work, yet wealth was perfectly ok when Kerry married into it. Obama is another candidate that has been successful at generating wealth through book publishings as well as through various campaign speeches (like Clinton). This President has never refused a campaign contribution regardless if any public srutiny may be found behind receiving it. Mention ethics and politics and you are always certain to get a good laugh.

This is the left's opportunity to SPIN past the issues in hopes the voters will find something else to be of greater importantance than the more relevent issues the nation faces. Let's just see if the media left and Obama can manage to maintain on topic when it comes to the issues, or if they will coward behind cloak and dagger tactics to avoid them. Are we ready to see how long the left is capable of refraining from using the race card when backed to a corner (2 months, 1 month, perhaps only a week)? Any takers on how long they can hold out?

Kerry didn't win. :lol:

Ask Newt and Rick just how ruthless Romney is. He and his Super PAC will do anything to slam anyone that challenges him. That is precisely why Newt hates Romney so much. He knows the man is absolutely willing to do whatever he has to for the GOP nod. Morals and ethics do not exist in Mitt's political.....and business world.

4) Indigestion?

Can we help?

Mitt is not above anything to gain the nomination. Laugh if you want, but he will change to whatever shape or color to run against Obama. He goes to pray at Church on Sunday and he slings mud and lies the rest of the week.

Ask New! He knows what Mitt is. That is why he hates him and won't give up the race. Mitt Romney's world of politics and business do not include morals or ethics.

ruth·less/ˈro͞oTHləs/
Adjective:
Having or showing no pity or compassion for others: "a ruthless manipulator".
Synonyms:
merciless - pitiless - cruel - unmerciful - remorseless

In a former life, Romney used other people's money to buy up viable companies, parse out their assets and dump their employees, many who had been working at these companies for decades.

In what world..is that not Ruthlessness?

Obama went after the stock holders of the big automakers and forced them sell at pennies on the dollar. He accomplished this without consideration that perhaps there were those, who were not rich, that held stocks in companies like GM to help build their personal retirement outside of just having to collect social security. Many were then left without much of a retirement to speak of. You don't call that ruthless?

Last edited:
Gee, Toro ripping in to President Bush and the TEA Party. Why am I not surprised.

Begone, Wall Street RINO.

Stop pretending, komrade.

Hey, man, you're the one criticizing Bush and teh TEA Party.

And you admit you voted for Obama in 2008.

When the GOP stops prostituting itself to Wall Street, it will be a great day.

You're the one criticizing

- capitalism

- Christianity

- Supply-side economics

- Reagan, who "screwed the workers"

- Israel and our foreign policy in the Mid East

- people who are anti-union

- the 1%

Oh, and you're an odious bigot.

:thup:

Outstanding

Kerry didn't win. :lol:

Where was the outrage by the media left surrounding Kerry's wealth? The Clintons aren't poor either, yet there was no question by any from the left regarding how they attained their wealth.

Last edited:
I really do think Reagan's people talked the the Iranian government prior to the election. Events bear that out.

I was alive during that time. No, they really didn't.

The whole problem with your whackadoodle conspiracy theory is that you have yet to tell me what the Iranians got out of the deal.

What benefit was there to the Iranians having Reagan win? There was none. The Iranians got nothing out of the deal. (Iran Contra didn't happen until six years later, after all.)

Carter wasn't a complete boob. He was way to honest. That's never a good thing in a politician, although everyone seems to want it. He leveled with the American people and they didn't like the reality.

No, Carter was a complete boob because he was nutless. It wasn't honesty that was the problem, it was his complete inability to stand up to anyone. The Iranians, the Oil Companies, his own party in Congress, the Russians. This is why he was an awful president.

When it became clear to the Iranians Carter wasn't going to anything more to them than sanctions, they ran roughshod over his ass.

Which people?

It's not like Laura and Ann Coulter were the votes Obama was exactly counting on, was it?

Romney has to get people who voted for Obama last time to vote for him this time, while not losing anyone McCain had.

And there are folks who voted for McCain last time for no other reason than he wasn't Romney.

Romney will probably lose by a bigger margin than McCain did.

That's the point though. Romney made a lot of money screwing over working people.

That's why he's sure fire loser in November.

We just got through with the worst recession in our lifetime. Made because jokers like Romney ran roughshod over the middle class. Romney's not an opponent, he's a villian from central casting.

You're the one criticizing

- capitalism

Well, I criticize Corporatism, but I doubt you get the subtle difference.

- Christianity

Again, I belive in what the founders believed in, separation of Church and state.

- Supply-side economics

Proven to be an utter failure. Which is why no one is actually promoting them anymore. It's kind of like saying I'm criticizing Phrenology.

- Israel and our foreign policy in the Mid East

You know, I really wonder how it became a tenat of the GOP that we need to sacrifice American lives and treasure to prop up this socialist state in the middle east. No Health Care for Americans, but we got to prop up socialized Medicine in Israel. Some day, one of you koolaid drinkers is going to have to explain that to me.

- people who are anti-union

Yup. Unions made America.

Oh, and you're an odious bigot.

:thup:

Outstanding

The only thing odious is that a cult started by pedophiles is calling itself a religion.

Forum List

Back