Alternative media should prepare to become targets of covert cyber warfare

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Alternative Media Should Prepare to Become Targets of Covert Cyber Warfare

The United States Senate pulled a fast one. On December 8, it passed the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act was added to the authorization bill.

----------------------------------------
It makes some wonder why some people are not able to connect the very fact that alternative media is being so severely attacked. When tech. they are the ver sources that often break stories.

The United States Senate pulled a fast one. On December 8, it passed the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act was added to the authorization bill.

It makes some wonder why some people are not able to connect the very fact that alternative media is being so severely attacked. When tech. they are the ver sources that often break stories.

yes indeed,sad the sheep are so much in denial how corrupt our government really is that because the lamestream media tells them this is what happened and who did it,they automatically accept it as gospel facts and are incapable of thinking outside the box.

• Banned

yes indeed,sad the sheep are so much in denial how corrupt our government really is that because the lamestream media tells them this is what happened and who did it,they automatically accept it as gospel facts and are incapable of thinking outside the box.

They think everything is a joke. They won't wants thier pathetic asses get hit with what is coming here and some thing Trump won't be able to stop. Something will be made to look like Trumps fault. These sorry pos idiots are going to beg for Government help.LMFAO.... We might just be living like they were in the " walking dead without the zombies, oh wait they are fkn zombies. Nature will assist them since everything is a joke who will be prepared none of them since it's all so not true.

Operation Mockingbird 2.0 - they should have seen it coming and prepped for it. They could always get some advice for server multi-sourcing from Mendax :p

• Banned
Operation Mockingbird 2.0 - they should have seen it coming and prepped for it. They could always get some advice for server multi-sourcing from Mendax :p

It's amazing how many have no idea about Operation mocking bird isn't it.

I'm not sure how the alternative media are being attacked here. The text and goals of the Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act seem squarely aimed at foreign governments, specifically Russia and China. It also includes text clarifying it doesn't supersede constitutional rights, which in 1st amendment includes freedom or the press.

"The authorization of appropriations by this Act shall not be deemed to constitute authority for the conduct of any intelligence activity which is not otherwise authorized by the Constitution or the laws of the United States."

Don't get me wrong I think this is just more wasteful big government, we sure as hell don't need yet another organization created to feed on itself. However the implication that this is designed to muzzle alternative news sources seems a bit far fetched.

• Banned
I'm not sure how the alternative media are being attacked here. The text and goals of the Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act seem squarely aimed at foreign governments, specifically Russia and China. It also includes text clarifying it doesn't supersede constitutional rights, which in 1st amendment includes freedom or the press.

"The authorization of appropriations by this Act shall not be deemed to constitute authority for the conduct of any intelligence activity which is not otherwise authorized by the Constitution or the laws of the United States."

Don't get me wrong I think this is just more wasteful big government, we sure as hell don't need yet another organization created to feed on itself. However the implication that this is designed to muzzle alternative news sources seems a bit far fetched.

Remember the law Obama signed banning so called " fake news" . He just made a Hitler move it restricts free speech and free thoughts and opinions. More to it than that. But one would have to look further into themselves. My explaining it , or giving information leads is out of my mood desires today lol.

Remember the law Obama signed banning so called " fake news" . He just made a Hitler move it restricts free speech and free thoughts and opinions. More to it than that. But one would have to look further into themselves. My explaining it , or giving information leads is out of my mood desires today lol.
If what you're referring to is Obama signing the NDAA that includes the Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act then you definitely shouldn't be attempting to explain it because you clearly don't understand it.

First of all it has nothing to do with banning fake news, and in fact doesn't ban anything. The intent of the bill is to create a government organization to counter disinformation by foreign governments. There is nothing in the text of it that tasks this organization to ban anything, not were any laws created that could be interpreted as restricting free speech. If you can prove otherwise I'd love to hear exactly what part of it restricts free speech. Secondly the comparison to Hitler is absurd, the Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act was a bipartisan act of congress specifically U.S. Senators Rob Portman (R, OH) and Chris Murphy (D, CT). Obama signed it because this is no different than any other NDAA that gets signed every year, legislators always attach pet projects to it. It was initiated by some dictator as your Hitler reference implies, so ironically you are the one purposely spreading misinformation.

So my invitation to you is open, which part of the text signed into law by Obama bans free speech, thoughts, and opinions?

As much as I hate fake news and it's manipulation I simply do not trust /anyone/ enough to hand over the white out. I don't like it, but then again people are stupid. I don't think there is a "right answer" here.

However, my compromise, and preference, is for full freedom without any interference and the hope that the truth comes out of the mass up of the real and the bullshit. Doesn't happen too often because the media is too dishonest to point out their mistakes and correct the record "live" - instead they slink in and add subtle corrections without really reporting on it 99% of the time because it would damage their reputations. Sweep it under the rug...

I agree 100%, there should be no muzzling of press as freedom of speech is one of the great attributes of our society.

I'm trying to figure out where this white out came from? I've yet to have any evidence provided indicating something was signed into law that limits free speech, yet MindWars is declaring they have also restricted free thought. Is there some law I've missed or are we in fact being misled by some of the posters in this thread?

Forum List

Back