AL's senior senator, Richard Shelby, on Roy Moore

Interesting. Even the article you linked to is lying. Moore was accused of sexual misconduct by one woman in the WP article. I do wish people would actually read articles all the thru. Especially those that are condemning Judge Moore.

Interesting. Even the article you linked to is lying. Moore was accused of sexual misconduct by one woman in the WP article. I do wish people would actually read articles all the thru. Especially those that are condemning Judge Moore.
Making excuses for a 32 year old creepy hitting on teen girls.

TGODFans300.gif

From the MEDIA of Real Fact-Based Bi-Partisan News
that is true.

Last edited:

What statement from the rubric article do you take to be a lie? What makes the statement you cite be untrue?

Yes. One woman claims to have been maligned. Three other women attested to Moore's predilection for dating teenage girls when he was in his 30s. That makes for four women making allegations about Moore: one alleging sexual molestation and three alleging he prefers(-ed) "doe-eyed" girls. The article says, "Sen. Shelby has previously shown concern about the initial allegations by four women first published in the Washington Post Thursday." Well, there are four women making allegations about Moore.

The rest of the rubric article's statements pertain to Shelby, remarks he made, and some polls.

From the WaPo article:
"The three other women who spoke to The Post say that Moore asked them on dates when they were between 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s."
  • Gloria Thacker Deason says she was 18 and Moore was 32 when they met in 1979 at the Gadsden Mall, where she worked at the jewelry counter of a department store called Pizitz. She says that Moore would pick her up for dates at the mall or at college basketball games, where she was a cheerleader. She remembers changing out of her uniform before they went out for dinners at a pizzeria called Mater’s, where she says Moore would order bottles of Mateus Rosé, or at a Chinese restaurant, where she says he would order her tropical cocktails at a time when she believes she was younger than 19, the legal drinking age.
  • Wendy Miller says that Moore approached her at the mall, where she would spend time with her mom, who worked at a photo booth there. Miller says this was in 1979, when she was 16....Her mother, Martha Brackett, says she refused to grant Moore permission to date her 16-year-old daughter. “I’d say, ‘You’re too old for her . . . let’s not rob the cradle,’ ” Brackett recalls telling Moore....“Now that I’ve gotten older,” she [Wendy] says, “the idea that a grown man would want to take out a teenager, that’s disgusting to me.”
  • Debbie Wesson Gibson says that she was 17 in the spring of 1981 when Moore spoke to her Etowah High School civics class about serving as the assistant district attorney. She says that when he asked her out, she asked her mother what she would say if she wanted to date a 34-year-old man.

It's preposterous to me that anyone let their daughter of 18 or less date a 30+ year-old man, but it appears that my way of seeing the matter differs from that of the people in Gadsden, AL.

Gibson says her mother asked her who the man was, and when Gibson said “Roy Moore,” her mother said, “I’d say you were the luckiest girl in the world.” Among locals in Gadsden, a town of about 47,000 back then, Moore “had this godlike, almost deity status — he was a hometown boy made good,” Gibson says, “West Point and so forth.”
I don't know what to say other than I suppose that's what some folks will do/tolerate for fame, wealth, or something along those lines. I have one daughter. I cannot imagine her doing that, but that's my daughter, not someone else's. She's in mer mid-twenties now, so if she wants to date a markedly older man, well, that's on her. When she was in high school, there is no way I'd have let her do so.

perhaps you should read something ....anything that isn't rightwingnut lying insane garbage. :thup:

Hannity turns on Moore, giving him an ultimatum .. Wow.

Well, I don't generally agree with Hannity, and as goes his ultimatum, I'm not sure I'd have given Moore nary a nychthemeron to unequivocally resolve the inconsistencies. Aside from that, however, I agree with Hannity's remarks delivered in the above segment/editorial.

On a different note, do one's palterings need to involve child molestation for Hannity to take umbrage with them? I can't say for I rarely watch Hannity and other editorialists who, like him, are given, to borrow a theme from a different and recent thread, given to ideology over philosophy.

Why didn't Bill Clinton 'step aside' when he was accused of out and out rape by multiple women? Instead, those accusations were resume enhancers for him in Democratville.

Why didn't Bill Clinton 'step aside' when he was accused of out and out rape by multiple women? Instead, those accusations were resume enhancers for Bill.
Implied tu quoqe

No.....It's called hypocrisy. Those same Democrats that gave Bill Clinton a pass on multiple rape accusations are now screaming like stuck pigs about Roy Moore. No one is saying that because Bill Clinton did it it's OK. Bill Clinton should have steeped aside but Democrats ignored the rapes he committed. Now they have the temerity to ask a Republican to step aside because of accusations of touching and underage girl. If you are going to hang someone in one instance, why didn't you do the same in the other instance? Lets take another look at the Clinton rapes. OK?

Last edited:
Why didn't Bill Clinton 'step aside' when he was accused of out and out rape by multiple women? Instead, those accusations were resume enhancers for Bill.
Implied tu quoqe

No.....It's called hypocrisy. Those same Democrats that gave Bill Clinton a pass on multiple rape accusations are now screaming like stuck pigs about Roy Moore. No one is saying that because Bill Clinton did it it's OK. Bill Clinton should have steeped aside but Democrats ignored the rapes he committed. Now they have the temerity to ask a Republican to step aside because of accusations of touching and underage girl. If you are going to hang someone in one instance, why didn't you do the same in the other instance? Lets take another look at the Clinton rapes. OK?
Deflection....Someone else's alleged or actual hypocrisy, or even alleged or actual crimes for which they have been convicted, has nothing to do with what Shelby or Moore say, said, do or did.

Hasn't every angle of this story been debunked.....mall manager just came out and said there was no banning....Alred is hiding her client as usual....

Why didn't Bill Clinton 'step aside' when he was accused of out and out rape by multiple women? Instead, those accusations were resume enhancers for him in Democratville.

that was investigated moron.

and it wasn't "multiple women". it was one person.

consensual sex with Monica isn't rape, imbecile.

again, we are talking about a disgusting faux-moral loon who stalked 14 year olds.

try again.

watching you freaks deflect is quite something.

Making excuses for a 32 year old creepy hitting on teen girls.
At least he didn't rape women like Bill Clinton did.

Forum List

Back