CDZ Alright, anti gunners. Explain the law or laws that will stop school shootings, here is your chance

I am also wondering societies aceptance of abortion has any play in this? I mean if 50 million mother's had abortions since 1973.... Wouldn't that say human life is diminished ?

Do you need a gun capable of firing multiple rounds in a few seconds? Do you need an assault weapon? Can you defend yourself with a revolver or a shot gun? Or do you need an intramural arms race on American streets?

As a player of PUBG (Playerunknown's Battleground), I can tell you for sure that you definitely want an assault rifle or tommy gun or sniper rifle for real effectiveness. When I loot shotguns and revolvers, I switch to the real deals as fast as I find them, because they work better. Why do you think American men stockpile the real things? Because they are better. If you don't care if someone shoots you, carry whatever you find around. If it's important to live, I'd say get out the AR-15.
Do,we live in a video game, or are the victims of gunplay actual humans? Your argument is silly as real people are killed in mass shootings, not avatars.

I'm guessing you are under the age of thirty. No grown up would cite video games as rationale for an American arms race.

You do realize you just passed up part of the problem with that post right?

Do we really need this much violence on video games, television, movies and in songs?

Hell we got rid of people smoking cigarettes on television, in commercials, on bill boards , why can't we do the same with violence?
When someone robs a 7-11 and kills the clerk with an XBox, get back to me.

Blaming culture while ignoring the lethality of assault weapons is not just short sighted, but bordering on criminally negligent.

Oh please you are delusional if you think kids don't imitate the violence they see...

Because of Slender Man: Why the Internet Bogey Is the Perfect Metaphor for How We Explain Violence

SLENDER MAN STABBERS
What is the Slender Man stabbing case, who are Anissa Weier and Morgan Geyser and why did they stab Payton Leutner?

Two schoolgirls held down and stabbed a 12-year-old classmate, inspired by an online horror meme
On WTAE Pittsburgh back in the day there was a show called Paul Shannon's Adventure Time. Paul played shorts made by Columbia Pictures featuring the Three Stooges. Where are all my friends and neighbors my age suffering massive head wounds and permanent brain damage after whacking each other over the noggin with cast iron skillets?

Incidentally, Paul Shannon's Adventure Time had a character dressed in a trench coat, fedora and Groucho glasses named Nosmo King. My inspiration.

Okay....I have really had enough of the anti gunners who parade out, dragging the warm bodies of dead children in front of cameras in order to push taking guns away from everyone who didn't shoot anyone in a school today......

Given that all mass public shooting victims total 795 ....in all shootings since 1982....while those murdered with knives are over 1,500 every single year.........

This is your chance......explain to us what you would do to stop school shootings.....and if you feel like it, other mass public shootings....

This is the CDZ, so you don't have to worry about being attacked for your views....but you must actually support your laws with how they actually would work....

US mass shootings, 1982-2018: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation
Total murders by mass public shooters...1982-2017

knife murders by year....(FBI homicide stats...)

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

Ey, I know this is your issue so get your comparisons right. Compare mass knife murders with mass gun murders. To do otherwise is either dishonest or a logical fallacy.

Do you need a gun capable of firing multiple rounds in a few seconds? Do you need an assault weapon? Can you defend yourself with a revolver or a shot gun? Or do you need an intramural arms race on American streets?

As a player of PUBG (Playerunknown's Battleground), I can tell you for sure that you definitely want an assault rifle or tommy gun or sniper rifle for real effectiveness. When I loot shotguns and revolvers, I switch to the real deals as fast as I find them, because they work better. Why do you think American men stockpile the real things? Because they are better. If you don't care if someone shoots you, carry whatever you find around. If it's important to live, I'd say get out the AR-15.
Do,we live in a video game, or are the victims of gunplay actual humans? Your argument is silly as real people are killed in mass shootings, not avatars.

I'm guessing you are under the age of thirty. No grown up would cite video games as rationale for an American arms race.

Do we really need this much violence on video games, television, movies and in songs?

Hell we got rid of people smoking cigarettes on television, in commercials, on bill boards , why can't we do the same with violence?

Blaming culture while ignoring the lethality of assault weapons is not just short sighted, but bordering on criminally negligent.
No one with out a federal license owns an assault weapon. To be clear an assault weapon has either burst or full auto capability and unless you submit a petition to the federal Government and undergo an FBI background check and pay a huge fee you don't own one. Further new ones are not allowed only those made before 1986. As far as I know NO legal assault weapon has ever been used in a crime except by a cop once.

Let's tax the entertainment industry 10% on all video games and movies PG rated and above...the "Violent Entertainment Tax," and we will use that money to "Study media and violence" .........then, we can attack the 1st Amendment even more, we won't let news organizations to cover school shootings anymore, to avoid copy cat shootings....they will only be allowed to report "police activity" at such and such school.....and that will be all they can report....

As local radio host Dan Proft mentioned today, let's see how the media likes it when their favorite Right is under assault....

How about 5 years in prison for being caught with a semi-auto gun or any gun that has more then 15 rounds per clip?

Make it very severe and less people will do it.
How about we jail people who actually commit crimes with guns instead?

No one with out a federal license owns an assault weapon. To be clear an assault weapon has either burst or full auto capability and unless you submit a petition to the federal Government and undergo an FBI background check and pay a huge fee you don't own one. Further new ones are not allowed only those made before 1986. As far as I know NO legal assault weapon has ever been used in a crime except by a cop once.
Your semantics ring hollow. In the parlance of thenissue, guns with a semi-automatic firing system fed by a clip containing more than six rounds seems to be the weapon of choice for these vile assailants. Such weapons put the "mass" in "mass shootings".

Forum List

Back