Alright Agna

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
A debate: What is the best programming language on the planet?

Intellect doesn't mean "know-it-all". Now, this is something you can only know through experience, and do your homework before trying, you want a real debate so here it is. What is the best programming language, why, and what specs make it better than the others (which is different than the why if you know programming)?

I already said Python, and this isn't a political topic.

Thus it's in the "General Discussion" ... so meh.

Also, Python isn't technically a programming language. It's a scripting language wrapper for Perl, which almost any idiot can learn. It was created to allow for quick tools to be written in Linux/Unix but has recently expanded to include Windoze and Mac. It's also the primary scripting language used for phone apps. It's very simplistic, in spite of having more op-commands than PHP.

So, what is the best PROGRAMMING language in the world? Scripting languages don't count because they are wrappers.

So, what is the best PROGRAMMING language in the world? Scripting languages don't count because they are wrappers.

I challenged you to a debate about a political topic, not programming languages. If you can change the parameters of the debate at will, so can I. And you mentioned "ASM," didn't you? How would that qualify as a specific "language"? :eusa_whistle:

I challenged you to a debate about a political topic, not programming languages. If you can change the parameters of the debate at will, so can I. And you mentioned "ASM," didn't you? How would that qualify as a specific "language"? :eusa_whistle:

I didn't change the parameters, I asked for the programming language and it seems you don't know the difference between a scripting language and programming language, that's your flaw not mine. Python is like Javascript. The easiest way to tell the difference, a programming language typically has to be compiled or at least linked, while scripting languages will run "out of the box". There's more to it than that, but it's a good place to start. ASM has to be compiled and linked, like C and Perl, Java only has to be compiled but to make it universal (OS independent) it requires being run in a "virtual machine".

So, I'll make it a bit easier for you, some of the most common ones are:

Java
C
COBOL
Perl
ASM
Machine Code
Flash (recently added actually, now they have full app support)

This is not even all of them, just the ones that I actually can write full code in. I've had experience with most, but these ones I don't need a manual to write code for.

Thing about politics, it isn't just what the government is doing, it's what the world is doing, even the tech industry is a big part of politics and it's becoming more integrated into the political playing field every year.

Well Agna? You think you are so intelligent ... and you think intelligence means you know everything, answer the question or concede ... openly concede.

For me to reply would create the false impression that I cared about programming languages. I don't. Nor do I care about coding anything. I don't know or care enough about PHP and MySQL to even maintain a vB board like this one.

Now, if you ever have the time or opportunity to stop your deflections and red herrings and answer my original challenge to a political debate, let me know. ;)

For me to reply would create the false impression that I cared about programming languages. I don't. Nor do I care about coding anything. I don't know or care enough about PHP and MySQL to even maintain a vB board like this one.

Now, if you ever have the time or opportunity to stop your deflections and red herrings and answer my original challenge to a political debate, let me know. ;)

This is a political debate, what programming language is the best, why, and what specs make it the best in the world? That's political. So again, concede that you are being dishonest, don't know as much about everything like you think you do, or at least make an honest attempt to answer the question. PHP and MySQL are also not programming languages, one is a scripting language the other a database system. Nice try at deflecting though ... :cool:

This is a political debate, what programming language is the best, why, and what specs make it the best in the world? That's political. So again, concede that you are being dishonest, don't know as much about everything like you think you do, or at least make an honest attempt to answer the question. PHP and MySQL are also not programming languages, one is a scripting language the other a database system. Nice try at deflecting though ... :cool:

Firstly, my reference to Python still remains somewhat more accurate than your reference to ASM. Now, considering the definition of "political" as "of or relating to government, a government, or the conduct of government," I'll have to ask you to point me to the section of this board dedicated to discussion of programming languages in their context as a political topic.

Incidentally, I also did not claim that PHP and MySQL were programming languages, which is why I made a specifically made a separate reference to coding and a vB board. Perhaps you should improve your reading comprehension. ;)

Firstly, my reference to Python still remains somewhat more accurate than your reference to ASM. Now, considering the definition of "political" as "of or relating to government, a government, or the conduct of government," I'll have to ask you to point me to the section of this board dedicated to discussion of programming languages in their context as a political topic.

Incidentally, I also did not claim that PHP and MySQL were programming languages, which is why I made a specifically made a separate reference to coding and a vB board. Perhaps you should improve your reading comprehension. ;)

LOL ... Python more a programming language than Assembly (ASM is the file extension commonly used for it by the way and just a hell of a lot easier to type). The government and technology are highly intertwined, so stop trying to deflect. Thank you though, for proving I was right about you, you have no idea what you are talking about with computers. Doubt you even know how a CPU works :lol:

Now, let's change the question then, do you think it's right for the government to force all the privately owned servers to run Windoze just because they have a contract with Microsoft? Also, should Microsoft contracts continue to be legal in spite of the fact that they got them at a time when computer technology was relatively stone age compared to today?

LOL ... Python more a programming language than Assembly (ASM is the file extension commonly used for it by the way and just a hell of a lot easier to type). The government and technology are highly intertwined, so stop trying to deflect. Thank you though, for proving I was right about you, you have no idea what you are talking about with computers. Doubt you even know how a CPU works :lol:

You're the one who claimed that I had misidentified PHP and MySQL as "programming languages," so I wouldn't be quite so critical if I were you. ;)

Also, not everything with the slightest conceivable relation to "government" merits the label "political." Many Pentagon officials probably eat sandwiches, but I don't see Subway forcing AIPAC out of the lobby.

Now, let's change the question then, do you think it's right for the government to force all the privately owned servers to run Windoze just because they have a contract with Microsoft? Also, should Microsoft contracts continue to be legal in spite of the fact that they got them at a time when computer technology was relatively stone age compared to today?

This is based on a specific issue rather than any coherent political ideology...so you'd be looking for a discussion of contract law rather than a specific incident involving Windows...care to do that? :cuckoo:

You're the one who claimed that I had misidentified PHP and MySQL as "programming languages," so I wouldn't be quite so critical if I were you. ;)

Also, not everything with the slightest conceivable relation to "government" merits the label "political." Many Pentagon officials probably eat sandwiches, but I don't see Subway forcing AIPAC out of the lobby.

This is based on a specific issue rather than any coherent political ideology...so you'd be looking for a discussion of contract law rather than a specific incident involving Windows...care to do that? :cuckoo:

Your first point, never said you did, just made sure you knew it so you wouldn't make that error.

Second point, that is still politics, all of it. You are taking a broad category and trying to narrow it into only part of it just because you can't "hang with the big kids". If you say politics, this is politics. Relations on this board are politics, 90% of what we do in life is politics. You are back stepping because you failed and you are too weak to admit that.

Now, back to the new topic/question. Should this be legal, should the government be able to enforce their contract onto private parties?

Forum List

Back