Already attacking the new pope

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=/ap/20050420/ap_on_re_eu/pope_s_university_1

Well I hadnt intended to do this but i read this article and i was just like i got to say something. Specifically this line:

Instead, they were concerned about where their school's most famous former professor would take the Roman Catholic Church as Pope Benedict XVI. And they didn't exude optimism.

"It's going to be interesting to see what he does," said Thomas Burchard, a 20-year-old Protestant studying for the ministry. "He's very conservative and, like the Catholic Church, he goes against what the Bible says."

Dude, you are protestant, who the heck cares if you are optimistic of what happens in the Catholic Church?!?!?! You aren't catholic and even if he did what you wanted you wouldnt join. what the heck is with this media coverage?

Why not ask the Catholics in front of the Vatican what they think? I just dont get it!?

I haven't seen it here, but there have been several articles floating around about his invovlement with the Nazi Youth as a teenager (when it wasn't a choice).

Said1 said:
I haven't seen it here, but there have been several articles floating around about his invovlement with the Nazi Youth as a teenager (when it wasn't a choice).

Yeah but they ignore that he deserted.

Yeah but they ignore that he deserted.

Amazing isn't it? Focusing on forced participation in something that took place when he was barely a teenager, as though he actually believed in Nazism, and will continue to force his ideology upon the church while he is pope. Utterly sickening.

Said1 said:
Amazing isn't it? Focusing on forced participation in something that took place when he was barely a teenager, as though he actually believed in Nazism, and will continue to force his ideology upon the church while he is pope. Utterly sickening.

Udder desperation :cow:

Avater..Dude, you are protestant, who the heck cares if you are optimistic of what happens in the Catholic Church?!?!?! You aren't catholic and even if he did what you wanted you wouldnt join. what the heck is with this media coverage?

I have always wondered that myself?? The media has a particular hard on for the Catholic church because of it's beliefs against gay marriage and abortion. It's that simple!

I would add Hollywood to that as well.

I'm not Catholic so I don't really pay much attention to the Pope at all...but it certainly doesn't come as a suprise that libs are already butchering the new Pope after being one for about 15 hours now. :laugh:

I hear he's a German. Shocking, really, that at least one German still finds man-boy-dog sex morally profane.

The Popes Nazi Youth involvement was mandatory for all German boys. He was involved to the minimum without risking his life as a young fellow.

Some criticize him for not rejecting membership and showing stallwartness, but fail to think about the fact that Benedict was very young and hadn't developed his strong, adult, character, through his Christian faith at that time. Few young people have the maturity or confidence to be martyrs, and shouldn't be faulted.

By the way........I'm not a Catholic apologist......but see this man as someone who has developed his strong character through the years. We are not born with good character, but acquire bits of it through the the failures and successes of life's trials.

I think most of the criticism comes from a liberal element that doesn't agree with the current Pope's conservative views. The Nazi Youth argument is just a means to bring him down through association.

Forum List

Back