ALQAEDAs Number 5 captured

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
Hello, i do not know if in Americas Media this was a Topic.

But some days ago, turkish security captured AL-QAEDAs Number 5...
He is according to U.S. search lists on Number 5 in the AL-QAEDA Hirarchy...

This man now announced to bring sensational new backgrounds about AL-QAEDA on his court hearing...

Unfortunately, Turkey has not a death penalty anymore becuase of EU...

Also he says, that AL-ZARQAWI is in North-Iraq...

here are some further english links...

http://www.zaman.com/?bl=national&alt=&trh=20050815&hn=22982

http://www.turkishweekly.net/news.php?id=17898

http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20050815-034540-2557r

Turkish Security captured him, because he wanted to bomb some Israeli cruise Boats in Antalya with 1.000 KG Explosives...

canavar said:
Turkish Security captured him, because he wanted to bomb some Israeli cruise Boats in Antalya with 1.000 KG Explosives...

Are you sure that isn't ferry boats?

Fairy boats give me a whole different picture in my head...

Fairy boat:
:gay: :gay: :gay:
\ /
\_____________/

Sorry, I do not know the english meaning of this turkish word...

This are really huge ships, with some thousand Tourists on it, travelling from Israel to Turkey...

Turkey is the number one holidaycountry for Israelis...

canavar said:
Sorry, I do not know the english meaning of this turkish word...

This are really huge ships, with some thousand Tourists on it, travelling from Israel to Turkey...

Turkey is the number one holidaycountry for Israelis...

I'm sorry...

I didn't realize that English wasn't your first language and was making an offbeat joke. Please, don't take it personally it was not meant to be insulting, just amusing.

Fairy in American English is slang for homosexual men.

Ferry, is a Transport for people.

No problem...

if you click on the first link, thre are some shocking informations like

- CIA offered him employment

- He received a huge sum of money from CIA

- eventually he is a triple-agent for secret services

how convienent that turkey has captured a high ranking "freedom fighter" when relations between the two nations have cooled

Capturing Terrorists should not rely on the bilateral situation... winning the fight against terrorism can only be won when all nations define Terror as what it is : Terror

by the way, i searched the last 2 pages of the "War-onTerrorism" forum for a topic thart brought this up for discussion...

But i did not find... Did American press do not report about this man's capturing?

Hmm, his court hearing will come soon... Turkey usually does not touch Terroists with silk gloves. I am very strained what this terrorist has to say...

He announced to uncover unknown things about ALQAEDA...

This is curious.. This man is not Islmiac... He does not Pray and is drinking alcohol and so on...

canavar said:
Capturing Terrorists should not rely on the bilateral situation... winning the fight against terrorism can only be won when all nations define Terror as what it is : Terror

by the way, i searched the last 2 pages of the "War-onTerrorism" forum for a topic thart brought this up for discussion...

But i did not find... Did American press do not report about this man's capturing?

Hmm, his court hearing will come soon... Turkey usually does not touch Terroists with silk gloves. I am very strained what this terrorist has to say...

He announced to uncover unknown things about ALQAEDA...

This is curious.. This man is not Islmiac... He does not Pray and is drinking alcohol and so on...
First, welcome to the board.

Second, in answer to your question, this was indeed reported in the US press.

I got the impression that he is of Syrian decent though it is not clear that he is Muslim....mentions of Selefism in the links you posted may lead to the answer....

Abbey Normal said:
Canavar, I think you bring an interesting and little-known perspective to the board, and you seem sincere to me. I'm glad you are here. :thup:

-Abbey
I can second that!

LuvRPgrl said:
Make that a Third !

Sounds like a reasonable voice too

Make that a fourth, however try to pick up some slang-it's more fun! :laugh: :thup:

Kathianne said:
Make that a fourth, however try to pick up some slang-it's more fun! :laugh: :thup:

Im assuming you are referring to our new Turkish friend?

Well, actually he will probably be the one to create some slang !

LuvRPgrl said:
Im assuming you are referring to our new Turkish friend?

Well, actually he will probably be the one to create some slang !

Yes indeedy, thinking of 'ferry' v. 'fairy'. :)

CSM said:
First, welcome to the board.

Second, in answer to your question, this was indeed reported in the US press.

I got the impression that he is of Syrian decent though it is not clear that he is Muslim....mentions of Selefism in the links you posted may lead to the answer....

Hello,

He is a Syrian Muslim. But he drinks not alcohole and says he does not pray.
As i said he wanted to bomb Israeli Tourists.
He is also responsible of Bombing Synagogue in Istanbul and HSBC-Bank.
It is sure that he will be courted for this also.

Israeli envoy praises anti al-Qaeda operation as excellent, 100 pct Turkish
Saturday, August 13, 2005

ANKARA - Turkish Daily News

Turkish police captured a �big fish� when they detained a Syrian who shouted out that he had planned to attack Israeli cruise ships carrying holidaymakers off Turkey's Mediterranean coast with explosives, Israel Ambassador Pinhas Avivi said.

The Syrian, identified as Luia Sakra, appeared before a court in Istanbul that ordered he be detained. Turkish police said he was a senior figure in Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda network, without further elaborating. News reports said he was responsible for a region that also includes Turkey. A second Syrian, identified as Hamed Obysi and believed to be a go-between for al-Qaeda and its militants in Turkey, was placed under arrest.

�With an excellent operation, Turkey got the big fish,� Avivi told the Turkish Daily News. Some reports in the Turkish media have suggested the operation was coordinated among Turkish, U.S. and Israeli intelligence services but both Avivi and the Turkish police denied any foreign involvement.

�The operation was not only excellent but also 100 percent local,� Avivi said. �What is a particular success as compared to similar operations around the world is that Turkey found the attackers before, not after, the attack. This is a very important success.�

At a press conference police spokesperson Ramazan Er said Turkish intelligence units and police had carried out the operation without involvement of a foreign country. �No country made any contribution in the course of the operation,� he said.

No more bomber teams:

Er also denied reports that security forces were pursuing attackers who were targeting Israeli tourists.

�There are no other [terrorist] teams,� he said. �I want to convey to you with all seriousness that Turkey is a secure country.�

Israelis safe to come:

Israel has diverted a number of cruise ships from Turkey over the past week and told its citizens to avoid Turkey's Mediterranean coast, citing �concrete and grave terror threats.� Following the police operation, Israel on Thursday night lifted its travel warning, saying the level of danger had decreased but warning that Israelis visiting the Mediterranean strip between Alanya and Kemer should still exercise precautions.

Avivi said the capture of the Syrians left little possibility for an attack on Israelis in the immediate future but added that Israelis had better be careful for the next few weeks in the Mediterranean area until Turkish authorities make sure �there is nothing left behind the big fish.�

�That's why we tell our people, �If you have a ticket to this place, no problem, go. Only look around and make sure that there is no problem',� he said.

Avivi also advised Israelis not to focus only on the Mediterranean coast and �explore other parts of Turkey as well,� such as the Aegean coast, the Cappadocia region and others.

�We came more or less to the same situation as before, with a little bit of concern remaining for the next very few days,� he said and added that people in Israel now see they can travel to Turkey.

Turkish police captured the two Syrians in the course of an operation that started after a fire on Aug. 4 in a flat rented by Middle Eastern tourists in the Mediterranean province of Antalya. Security forces became suspicious due to the sharp smell of chemicals that engulfed the area as a result of the blaze.

Sakra told journalists on the way to court Thursday that he had planned to attack Israeli ships but had no intention of harming Turks. His lawyer said his client had no connection with any organization and was operating on his own.

Israel diverted several cruise liners from their Antalya destination to Greek Cypriot ports since Friday.

http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=20693

He is an international operating ALQAEDA-Terrorist but will be in jailed in Turkey. He bombed Istanbul, too. But Turkey is not ALQAEDA-Operating Centre. PKK bombs not Israelis but tourists als like Britain and French.
And this both comeing from over the boarders in IRAQ because there are the problems lying.
Allthough he is Syrian, Syria does everything not to angry Turkish Rebublic since 1998 when Turkey threated Syria with war when it doesN't stop Terrorist-harbouring. And of course, since USA is the Neighbouring country of both states and Syria feels geograohically pressured. North Turkey, East USA, South ISRAEL and West in the Water Northern Cyprus.
Syria is weak and isolated.

As in the article said i dont think from turkish standpoint that in Future there will be a ALQAEDA-Problem in Turkey. Turkey never had ALQAEDA-Problem but 2003 2 ALQAEDAbombings.
This man was a so-called for "Turkish-Georgraphy-ALQAEDA-Commander".
In Iraq AL-ZARQAWi is AL-QAEDA-Commander, uncaptured. In IRAQ lots of uncaptured terrorists located.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
canavar said:
Hello,

He is a Syrian Muslim. But he drinks not alcohole and says he does not pray.
As i said he wanted to bomb Israeli Tourists.
He is also responsible of Bombing Synagogue in Istanbul and HSBC-Bank.
It is sure that he will be courted for this also.

Israeli envoy praises anti al-Qaeda operation as excellent, 100 pct Turkish
Saturday, August 13, 2005

ANKARA - Turkish Daily News

Turkish police captured a �big fish� when they detained a Syrian who shouted out that he had planned to attack Israeli cruise ships carrying holidaymakers off Turkey's Mediterranean coast with explosives, Israel Ambassador Pinhas Avivi said.

The Syrian, identified as Luia Sakra, appeared before a court in Istanbul that ordered he be detained. Turkish police said he was a senior figure in Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda network, without further elaborating. News reports said he was responsible for a region that also includes Turkey. A second Syrian, identified as Hamed Obysi and believed to be a go-between for al-Qaeda and its militants in Turkey, was placed under arrest.

�With an excellent operation, Turkey got the big fish,� Avivi told the Turkish Daily News. Some reports in the Turkish media have suggested the operation was coordinated among Turkish, U.S. and Israeli intelligence services but both Avivi and the Turkish police denied any foreign involvement.

�The operation was not only excellent but also 100 percent local,� Avivi said. �What is a particular success as compared to similar operations around the world is that Turkey found the attackers before, not after, the attack. This is a very important success.�

At a press conference police spokesperson Ramazan Er said Turkish intelligence units and police had carried out the operation without involvement of a foreign country. �No country made any contribution in the course of the operation,� he said.

No more bomber teams:

Er also denied reports that security forces were pursuing attackers who were targeting Israeli tourists.

�There are no other [terrorist] teams,� he said. �I want to convey to you with all seriousness that Turkey is a secure country.�

Israelis safe to come:

Israel has diverted a number of cruise ships from Turkey over the past week and told its citizens to avoid Turkey's Mediterranean coast, citing �concrete and grave terror threats.� Following the police operation, Israel on Thursday night lifted its travel warning, saying the level of danger had decreased but warning that Israelis visiting the Mediterranean strip between Alanya and Kemer should still exercise precautions.

Avivi said the capture of the Syrians left little possibility for an attack on Israelis in the immediate future but added that Israelis had better be careful for the next few weeks in the Mediterranean area until Turkish authorities make sure �there is nothing left behind the big fish.�

�That's why we tell our people, �If you have a ticket to this place, no problem, go. Only look around and make sure that there is no problem',� he said.

Avivi also advised Israelis not to focus only on the Mediterranean coast and �explore other parts of Turkey as well,� such as the Aegean coast, the Cappadocia region and others.

�We came more or less to the same situation as before, with a little bit of concern remaining for the next very few days,� he said and added that people in Israel now see they can travel to Turkey.

Turkish police captured the two Syrians in the course of an operation that started after a fire on Aug. 4 in a flat rented by Middle Eastern tourists in the Mediterranean province of Antalya. Security forces became suspicious due to the sharp smell of chemicals that engulfed the area as a result of the blaze.

Sakra told journalists on the way to court Thursday that he had planned to attack Israeli ships but had no intention of harming Turks. His lawyer said his client had no connection with any organization and was operating on his own.

Israel diverted several cruise liners from their Antalya destination to Greek Cypriot ports since Friday.

http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=20693

He is an international operating ALQAEDA-Terrorist but will be in jailed in Turkey. He bombed Istanbul, too. But Turkey is not ALQAEDA-Operating Centre. PKK bombs not Israelis but tourists als like Britain and French.
And this both comeing from over the boarders in IRAQ because there are the problems lying.
Allthough he is Syrian, Syria does everything not to angry Turkish Rebublic since 1998 when Turkey threated Syria with war when it doesN't stop Terrorist-harbouring. And of course, since USA is the Neighbouring country of both states and Syria feels geograohically pressured. North Turkey, East USA, South ISRAEL and West in the Water Northern Cyprus.
Syria is weak and isolated.

As in the article said i dont think from turkish standpoint that in Future there will be a ALQAEDA-Problem in Turkey. Turkey never had ALQAEDA-Problem but 2003 2 ALQAEDAbombings.
This man was a so-called for "Turkish-Georgraphy-ALQAEDA-Commander".
In Iraq AL-ZARQAWi is AL-QAEDA-Commander, uncaptured. In IRAQ lots of uncaptured terrorists located.

I guess then, that he is is using Islam as an excuse to justify his actions.

I must admit that I have had ambivalent feelings about Turkey for some time. I guess I will have to pay more attention to what goes on over there. You have gone a long way to get my interest and alieve some of my skepticism about the turkish people....good job!

Forum List

Back