Along Came A Spider...

I did send an email to a neighbor who is a fount of knowledge on the local flora and fauna, if he gives me a name other than Andrew, I'll find and post a link.

Who the hell tries to capture a spider that big with a little tupperware bowl...over his head?

That's just wrong.

off the cuff guess...... cuz dinner is ready

large wolf spider.
*shiver*

On my last travel assignment, I came home from work one morning to find this sitting in the middle of the bed.

Dagnamit! I just put the bug spray away. Now I have to get up, go back into the kitchen and get it. Couldn't you have posted that thirty seconds earlier? :(

Immie

Be careful when going to the bathroom...peek under the seat before sitting down. Also, watch the toilet paper roll. Dangers lurk everywhere, but you don't want to be caught with your pants down when it happens.:D

spider.jpg

Be careful when going to the bathroom...peek under the seat before sitting down. Also, watch the toilet paper roll. Dangers lurk everywhere, but you don't want to be caught with your pants down when it happens.:D

spider.jpg

I guess that is a good reason to turn the light on when you go to the restroom in the middle of the night, no?

Immie

spider.jpg

still shivering ...

One of our NAs from years ago told about how she was taking a bath, and heard splashing noises coming from the toilet. Opened the lid to find a sewer rat swimming around in the bowl.

spider.jpg

still shivering ...

One of our NAs from years ago told about how she was taking a bath, and heard splashing noises coming from the toilet. Opened the lid to find a sewer rat swimming around in the bowl.

I have a friend who found a frog in her toilet...not as bad as a snake though.

spider.jpg

still shivering ...

A rat wouldn't bother me as much as a spider except that I would have to figure out how to get the doggone think out of the toilet without touching it.

Immie

spider.jpg

I guess that is a good reason to turn the light on when you go to the restroom in the middle of the night, no?

Immie

That looks like one of those buggers from "Arachnophobia".

spider.jpg

Real or fake?

Looks like silicone to this average Joe.

spider.jpg

still shivering ...

I have a friend who found a frog in her toilet...not as bad as a snake though.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/71118-note-to-self-3.html#post1089666

Found an image somewhat like your specimen, but I couldn't get a good enough description where I looked. Although this one is classified as Hogna coloradensis, it may not be as big as your little friend. Although some things about this spider remind me of yours--thick legs, an odd abdominal marking (not clear on your photo, but slightly there), his usual area is the great southwest up through Colorado. I've never seen one.

9QRS1QLS8QOKHKEKHKEKHKPKZKT0QK2KLKC0PQO00K9K2QA09Q1KVQZSPQEK0KT0VQVKXKBKBQTKXK1K5K30WQ309Q.jpg

I looked up Wolf Spiders, which Syrenn suggested and here's one called "Hogna carolinensis"

Wolf_Spider_8_eyes_PB032198.JPG

This spider ID page has a close-looking specie, but all it says it is not a brown recluse. It is a spider ID page.

Good luck finding the name of your specie, AVG-JOE, but your best bet is to get an old glass 2-gallon jar with a big lid, tell the spider to hop in, and take it to the nearest entomology department university lab in your area. Of course, the spider may not cooperate... :D

I think Syrenn had the right idea. The 2 above pictures were as close as I could get to your critter. As I recollect from your image, the specie has a larger thorax than abdomen region.

Your picture makes him appear white with a pink distinctive abdomen mark on my monitor. What a weirdo.

Forum List

Back