Aloha

Thanks for the welcome. I live about 3 miles from IRP (O'Rielly something or other now). Never have been there. Huge NASCAR fan though. Back when I was young I made the 500 seven years in a row and on the 7th year was arrested for being stupid and never been back to the open wheel racing. Been to the Brickyard 400 twice but I have to say that the best seat in the house is my lazy boy. Just not a great track for spectators. I have been to Charlotte, Bristol and Martinsville. Martinsville by far is my favorite.
Consider the bolding history. Just a habit I brought with me.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks Sarge! Spent a little time in the U.S. Army myself. 3 year enlistment, stationed at 8th Division Headquarters Bad Kreuznach, Germany. 8th Aviation Company. Division Generals own private little air Brigade. Few Hueys and couple of 58's. Great Duty. 76/79 Thanks for the welcome.

I was about 20 klicks from BK in the early 70's. Little place called Dichtelbach. BK was the closest PX and Hospital to us. I remember the town fondly. You were at Rose Barracks I take it?

Welcome aboard.

Thanks Sarge! Spent a little time in the U.S. Army myself. 3 year enlistment, stationed at 8th Division Headquarters Bad Kreuznach, Germany. 8th Aviation Company. Division Generals own private little air Brigade. Few Hueys and couple of 58's. Great Duty. 76/79 Thanks for the welcome.

I was about 20 klicks from BK in the early 70's. Little place called Dichtelbach. BK was the closest PX and Hospital to us. I remember the town fondly. You were at Rose Barracks I take it?

Sarge I maintained a room at the barracks at the Hospital along with the rest of the company. We had the first and second floors and the 3rd floor was what we called the German Army. Bunch of Turks and Pollocks. I actually was very lucky and right after arriving at BK I met a little German National Girl that lived with her sister in a really nice house on the other side of the river. Spent most of my time with her and she would tote me back and forth to the airfield. CQ always new how to get ahold of me in case we went on alert or the need arrised. Made a deal one time with my CO and spent 60 day pulling duty on RE FORGER operations and got 30 days free leave. Done a lot of traveling while I was in Europe and met some wonderful people. Wouldn't trade the experience for love nor money.

...the Colts suck!:tongue:

GO SAINTS!!!

Thats just rude! Tell me not to bold and you put that trash up there. Peyton Manning is going to kick ass and take names

I think we will get along just fine:disagree:
I can handle occasional bold text, but a consistent diet of it is a pains in the eyes!:eek:

stoneridge said:
Thanks for the welcome. I live about 3 miles from IRP (O'Rielly something or other now). Never have been there. Huge NASCAR fan though. Back when I was young I made the 500 seven years in a row and on the 7th year was arrested for being stupid and never been back to the open wheel racing. Been to the Brickyard 400 twice but I have to say that the best seat in the house is my lazy boy. Just not a great track for spectators. I have been to Charlotte, Bristol and Martinsville. Martinsville by far is my favorite.
Consider the bolding history. Just a habit I brought with me.
I was at the Brick Yard the same summer I saw the drags...I believe Jimmy Hurtibeese (sp) was doing tire tests for Firestone the day we got in. The friend I was visiting sold engine rebuilding equipment for a living and was on Parnelli Jones' engine crew. (He later built up a wicked Ford 406cid motor for me...first V-8 I ever had that would turn 9,500rpm and stay together.)

I went to Bristol the first time they put dirt on the track, decreased the banking and ran Late Model Dirt Cars all weekend. The walls were then leaning at less than 90degrees toward the track and when cars hit the wall, they were wedged into the V made by the wall and the track...tore up a lot of race cars.

Atlanta is a nice track...the fastest on the circuit. Talladega Speedway is nice, too, but they run plates there. I like the Talladega Short Track right across the street from the big track. It's a red clay dirt track called 'the Hornets Nest' by some...the stands back up to the camping area for the big track and when the Cup cars are running, the dirt track is, too. From the top of the dirt car stands you can look into the camping area and see girls riding around in the backs of pickups collecting beads much the same as at Mardi Gras. (It's like a (.)(.) for beads program.) :lol: If people got arrested for acting stupid, there'd be nobody left to watch the race. The Cup drivers often come over to the dirt track and drive dirt cars for fun (and profit). Bill Elliot has his own, as do several others.

That would be a bit of a drive for you, but if you like loud motors and the smell of racing fuel, you can't beat a twin-show weekend at Talladega.

Forum List

Back