Aloha man calls 9-1-1 over botched fast-food order

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
ALOHA - For most folks it's not a dilemma. Given a choice between "a day without sunshine" and a day without jail time, most people will skip the orange juice and stay out of jail.

But Raibin Raof Osman isn't most people. The 20-year-old Aloha man had a sleep-over at the Washington County Jail on Memorial Day after calling 9-1-1 to complain that McDonald's left out a box of orange juice from his drive-thru order.

Osman was booked Monday night on accusations of improper use of 9-1-1. He bailed out Tuesday. The offense is a Class B misdemeanor punishable in Oregon by up to six months in jail and a fine of $2,500.

Read full article here.

Aloha man calls 9-1-1 over botched fast-food order – OregonLive.com

Why are people calling 911 whenever their fast food order gets messed up?

ALOHA - For most folks it's not a dilemma. Given a choice between "a day without sunshine" and a day without jail time, most people will skip the orange juice and stay out of jail.

But Raibin Raof Osman isn't most people. The 20-year-old Aloha man had a sleep-over at the Washington County Jail on Memorial Day after calling 9-1-1 to complain that McDonald's left out a box of orange juice from his drive-thru order.

Osman was booked Monday night on accusations of improper use of 9-1-1. He bailed out Tuesday. The offense is a Class B misdemeanor punishable in Oregon by up to six months in jail and a fine of $2,500.

I hope that he gets a full 6 months in jail and is fined the entire $2,500.

Just to make an example of this loser.

That should be reserved for people who phone in an obviously fake emergency, such as a hostage situation or a potential suicide that clearly isn't happening.

That should be reserved for people who phone in an obviously fake emergency, such as a hostage situation or a potential suicide that clearly isn't happening.

Those examples are felonies, this one is a misdemeanor, there's a difference.

I thought both examples would fall under improper use of 9-11

I know nothing of law though.

I thought both examples would fall under improper use of 9-11

I know nothing of law though.

Aaah, they are two different charges, one involves making something up, the other is reporting something that is either not an emergency or crime. Calling into 911 ties up operators, since they can't really automate it, which means there is a chance that a real emergency will have to wait or go unanswered, usually resulting in something horrible. While making up a crime is outright lying, and thus a worse crime in itself.

I think it should be reserved for all misuse of the 911 system.

Forum List

Back