Aloha and Mahalo

ski8799

Rookie
Jul 29, 2012
Honolulu
New to the forum and as you guessed, I live in Hawaii, of course on Oahu, not much work on the other islands. I am a former Republican and now like most of the US, I fall somewhere in the middle. Also a former Catholic, but like most of the US, I am a non practicing Christian with some serious reservations about my place in organized religion. Looking forward to some great conversations in an effort to expand my understanding, knowledge and vocabulary.

Are you a kama'aina?

We had the priviledge of living in Hawai'i (Haliewa) for almost 2 years back in the mid-70's .... we're hoping to be able to go back again for a visit. I've only been to Oahu and the Big Island, and would love to visit Kauai.....

Welcome! I lived at Hickam when my ex was in the Airforce, back in the 70's. I'd love to go again to see how things have changed! I hope you enjoy yourself here!

Thanks all for the welcome. Oahu is extremely busy these days, the traffic is unbearable and as a caucasian I am a minority, mostly Asian, esp. Japanese. But the people are generally pretty nice and do not discriminate against us Haoles like they did back in the day I'm told.

Thanks all for the welcome. Oahu is extremely busy these days, the traffic is unbearable and as a caucasian I am a minority, mostly Asian, esp. Japanese. But the people are generally pretty nice and do not discriminate against us Haoles like they did back in the day I'm told.

Its always amazed me that there are soooo many Japanese living there and they're the ones that attacked us. NOT that i have anything against the people living there now, but you probably know what i mean! :)

We always figured the actual speed was 'posted limit plus driver's age'......

New to the forum and as you guessed, I live in Hawaii, of course on Oahu, not much work on the other islands. I am a former Republican and now like most of the US, I fall somewhere in the middle. Also a former Catholic, but like most of the US, I am a non practicing Christian with some serious reservations about my place in organized religion. Looking forward to some great conversations in an effort to expand my understanding, knowledge and vocabulary.
Aloha and mahalo, ski8799. Welcome to USMB Boards and hope you enjoy the discussions here. Drop in at the USMB Coffee Shop one of these days. Everybody oughta know about Kona coffee! ;)

Forum List

Back