ALocalWay is now on the US MessageBoard

I understand it is impossible to buy 100% made in USA and shop local all the time - so I am devising ways to suggest to the public and small businesses to help push some of the $$$ back into American hands - unfortunately - it will not be my American hands - but I am willing to donate my efforts for a better America - maybe if I charged everyone on this site a dime for every insult - then the cash would roll in - I will set up a button for that

I have spoken with several industry leaders and I have been trying to narrow down th emost effective way to help recirculate $$$ back into local communities without creating major lifestyle changes in a average persons life

There is your new thread topic. Start one so everyone can see it and participate. Got some mighty smart people here. And a helluva lot of grumpy ones too. Don't forget your armor.:lol:

I agree they are leaving to up their profit margin - I am looking at differents types of industries that American purchasing can make a vital difference in - we are in a global economy - can't fight that - but there should be more money recycling through our community to get us through until the trade balances out. Otherwise we are just going to get tapped out - opinions are always welcome and I love it when someone discusses options with me! Thank you so much for helping me think today - I am not always right - but I do have good intentions - so bare with me - Nice to meet you - You are my first comment! Thanks!

Welcome, ALocalWay.

I am working on figuring out how to start a thread - lol when I started this one it directs you straight to the spot - I will get it up and gong in a bit - as far as armor goes - just had a shot of vodka - so I am good :)

Go to home page. Then scroll the forums. There is an economy one down there somewhere.

I did it - there won't be much action at the new thread - it's a feel good - let's try to fix things thread - and I had a shot of vodka so I numb enough not to care - lol

I have been inspired by this forum to write about the pros and cons of different types of online groups - blogging is safe - you put you opinion or idea out there and people rarely comment - social sites are more or less a bunch of personal jumbo from baby pics to where that person is eating for lunch (nothing really productive) - and forums are a place where people actually can communicate ideas and develope their thought process. You tube only gets attention if something is cuter, funny, or someone gets hurt - a great way to kill time. All of these have been over run with ad happy marketers - mostly out of necessity to support their sites up keep. The world today looks to social media to spread their ideas but has social media been so over used by spammers and ad companies that it has become as ineffective as telemarketing? I think that once you get past the Welcome Party at the forum, this is where I will learn the most - mostly from reading what others have to say because it is a dialogue with several points of view. After just one day my eyes have been opened to so much more than what I expected in regards to how people feel about the economy and what it will take to put things on the right track - so thanks to all for that! have a great day - and try to make someone's day a litle brighter - life is short - so why not? ;-)

I did it - there won't be much action at the new thread - it's a feel good - let's try to fix things thread - and I had a shot of vodka so I numb enough not to care - lol

A shot?

You're gonna need more than one shot to participate on USMB.

First, welcome Amanda.

Second, you're a babe.

Third, USMB is a rough place. You're going to have to have thick skin if you want to stay.

Fourth, stick your blog back in your sig. I'd suggest, however, that it not be the main focus of your time here. We have others who pimp their sites in their sigs, and its no problem.

Finally, there are two ways you can convince people to buy local. The first way is to appeal to environmental concerns. Buying local usually is less harmful to the environment. Another way is to highlight quality. Often, locally made goods are often of higher quality than mass produced goods. This is especially true for things like food. You can't produce everything locally, i.e. cars, but things that are produced locally can have a certain craft appeal.

Forum List

Back