Allow evil or eliminate choice?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I was thinking about good and evil and personal choice and I thought it would be an interesting question to ask you if you would give up your freedom to choose if it meant evil no longer existed?

I was thinking about good and evil and personal choice and I thought it would be an interesting question to ask you if you would give up your freedom to choose if it meant evil no longer existed?

That is not what caused evil. Adam and Eve disobeying God caused sin and evil. It is a moot question as once the Lord takes over there will be no more evil, Satan will be eliminated , Judgement day will occur and the earth will be a paradise with no more sickness or disease.

i'm having a tough time envisioning a world without evil that required someone to give up their free will.

Free will and evil, or no free will and no evil.

I believe the lack of free will would be the ultimate evil.

That is not what caused evil. Adam and Eve disobeying God caused sin and evil. It is a moot question as once the Lord takes over there will be no more evil, Satan will be eliminated , Judgement day will occur and the earth will be a paradise with no more sickness or disease.

will there be any liberals?

or in your dream paradise will your god eliminate them, too?

Kind of off the topic, but ill answer:

No. There won't be liberals. There won't be conservatives. There wont be any sort of groupings because we will all be one in Christ.

so let me get this straight. you want to consider what G-d did not and take away man's free will?

*shakes head*

so let me get this straight. you want to consider what G-d did not and take away man's free will?

*shakes head*

Why not ? We have less free will now than we have ever had and God didn't do it.

No. I want you to consider what a gift free agency is specifically because we do have a choice between good and evil. If you had no agency, there could be no evil because you couldn't make that choice. But would you really go to that extent to eliminate evil?

I wouldn't. Id rather have the freedom to choose. Even if it means some people choice evil.

But I've noticed that a number of people are somehow angry at God for allowing evil to exist. It makes no sense when He has given us the freedom to choose, why we can be upset about that.

No. I want you to consider what a gift free agency is specifically because we do have a choice between good and evil. If you had no agency, there could be no evil because you couldn't make that choice. But would you really go to that extent to eliminate evil?

I wouldn't. Id rather have the freedom to choose. Even if it means some people choice evil.

But I've noticed that a number of people are somehow angry at God for allowing evil to exist. It makes no sense when He has given us the freedom to choose, why we can be upset about that.

Jillian strikes me as one of those people that would ask " why does God allow evil to exist"

That is not what caused evil. Adam and Eve disobeying God caused sin and evil.

That presumes that your patron deity created everything. Since there are much older religious texts your conclusions are specious.

It is a moot question as once the Lord takes over there will be no more evil, Satan will be eliminated , Judgement day will occur and the earth will be a paradise with no more sickness or disease.

And the easter bunny will come three times a year.

Kind of off the topic, but ill answer:

No. There won't be liberals. There won't be conservatives. There wont be any sort of groupings because we will all be one in Christ.

Or not as the case may be.

I'd give up my life. Why not my ability to choose, except that such a life is a twilight between dead and alive?

One person's happiness and well-being doesn't stack up against humanity's.

Great question, Avatar...this ought to be an interesting thread.

One question: if I make this trade, what happens to evil people? Do they vaporize or get right with God?

For some, I believe that is no longer possible.

Last edited:

RetiredGySgt, do people just go on, being born and living, after the Rapture IYO? I thought the Rapture etc. was supposed to be The End Of Humanity?

Free will and evil.

If omnipotent god had wanted it the other way around he could have done it himself. (but that's not why I chose how I did)

Last edited:

RetiredGySgt, do people just go on, being born and living, after the Rapture IYO? I thought the Rapture etc. was supposed to be The End Of Humanity?

144000 will ascend to Heaven, the rest will be resurrected to a Paradise Earth. Where Jesus will be King and the Government will be God's Government. No more sin, no more evil, no more sickness, disease or death.

Jillian strikes me as one of those people that would ask " why does God allow evil to exist"

RetiredGySgt, I'd imagine every thoughtful person asks that question by at least the first grade. It's a Biggie, donca think?

144000 will ascend to Heaven, the rest will be resurrected to a Paradise Earth. Where Jesus will be King and the Government will be God's Government. No more sin, no more evil, no more sickness, disease or death.

Sorry but I cant help myself.

What about PMS? Your not exactly sick, its not exactly evil nor is it a disease. Though I would think that others in utopia would think whoever is experiencing PMS sure is evil

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear, a Jehovah's Witness. Okay, I admit, I don't know a whole lot about your faith, RetiredGySgt. But I don't understand a few things you've said, so if you'll answer a few questions?

Why 144,000? There are 6 Billion people alive today and many times that who have ever lived. What could distinguish a handful from all the rest? There've been more than 144,000 generations -- this would mean that many generations had not so much as even one worthy person, which just does not seem possible.

Why are some left on Earth? And where do they go after they die?

Are you saying the Jehovah's Witnesses have no End Times belief?

Thankies in advance for your patience; I like learning such things when allowed to.

Forum List

Back