Alligence to Mullah Omar? Where's Bin Laden?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Stone cold perhaps?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/02/12/zawahiri.video/index.html?eref=rss_topstories
Purported al Qaeda message: Unite with Taliban

(CNN) -- In a message released Monday, al Qaeda's No. 2 leader called on Muslims to unite under Taliban leader Mullah Omar, stop trying to form secular governments and instead follow strict Islamic Sharia law.

The message from Ayman al-Zawahiri, the top aide to al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, appeared on an Islamist Web site.

The video contained a still picture of al-Zawahiri, the audio remarks and English subtitles.

A text translation also accompanied the tape and was provided to CNN by lauramansfield.com, a Web site that analyzes terrorism.

CNN could not immediately confirm the authenticity of the videotape.

Al-Zawahiri pledged allegiance to Mullah Omar and called on all his followers to reject animosity and differences and come together under Mullah Omar's banner.

Mullah Omar is the elusive, shadowy Taliban leader who slipped away in the early days of the war in Afghanistan. The Taliban held Afghanistan with an ultra-conservative government and sheltered al Qaeda....

I also think he's dead and has been for quite some time; otherwise, we would have seen him on TV with the Al Quada messages instead of the #2 man.

He's buried under about 200 feet of rubble- probably happened 2 or 3 years ago.

and you know that because you are so plugged in to the intelligence community?

or is that just your "opinion"?

but Kathianne...I agree that the absence of mention of Osama is curious

June 29, 2006: Osama bin Laden issues a taped message on an Islamic militant Web site paying tribute to slain al-Qaida in Iraq chief Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

the CIA authenticated that one so we know, if he is ambient temperature, he's only been that way for less than eight months.

and you know that because you are so plugged in to the intelligence community?

or is that just your "opinion"?

June 29, 2006: Osama bin Laden issues a taped message on an Islamic militant Web site paying tribute to slain al-Qaida in Iraq chief Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

the CIA authenticated that one so we know, if he is ambient temperature, he's only been that way for less than eight months.

That would be, obviously, my opinion. And the CIA has their's. :razz:

Did you catch that the 6-29-06 message from bin Laden was a taped message?

Anyone can fool our CIA. How do they know the 6-29-06 tape was not produced using selected words--cut and spliced--from past bin Laden messages? All the CIA is certifying is that it was bin Laden's voice on the tape.

.....Osama bin Laden ... if he is ambient temperature, ....
He's a little warmer than that, actually.
devilfire.gif

Did you catch that the 6-29-06 message from bin Laden was a taped message?

Anyone can fool our CIA. How do they know the 6-29-06 tape was not produced using selected words--cut and spliced--from past bin Laden messages? All the CIA is certifying is that it was bin Laden's voice on the tape.

did you catch the fact that the tape was a eulogy for Zarqawi?

did you catch the fact that the tape was a eulogy for Zarqawi?

Indeed I did. What's your point? Are you actually inferring that bin Laden had probably never discussed Zarqawi before on tape? I'll just bet he had hundreds--no thousands--of kind words for that man and the job he was doing in Iraq.

Indeed I did. What's your point? Are you actually inferring that bin Laden had probably never discussed Zarqawi before on tape? I'll just bet he had hundreds--no thousands--of kind words for that man and the job he was doing in Iraq.

funny...do you think he made those tapes to record his thoughts for posterity? Do you think he sat around his cave with a dictaphone just randomly recording his thoughts for future transcription and possible publication... and posthumously, his staff happened upon this treasure trove of old recordings and is using it to create fake Osama broadcasts on out into the future???? It seems to me that Osama makes audio tapes for the purpose of getting media attention. Can you show me any OTHER tapes that Osama has released that mention Zarqawi?

Forum List

Back