Alligator Found Guarding Southern California Pot Farm

USAMomma

Jul 14, 2010
AHHH!
How adorable!!!!
:razz:

HEMET, Calif. -- When police raided a pot farm in this Southern California desert community, they found an unusual watchdog -- a 4-foot alligator named Wally.

The 55-pound American alligator was found lounging Monday night in a black cement mixing tub located in the back area of a house where 2,285 plants were growing, police said.
Alligator Found Guarding Southern California Pot Farm

Poor Gator; at least he will get to live at a proper sanctuary according to the report.

Last edited:
Wally's just a baby!

He is cute, but he isn't very intimidating......yet :)

..but in time, he will get to be a big guy and have a better life. Hemet is a hot dust bowl in summertime (I know because before my grandmother passed away she lived there for a time). That is certainly no place for critters such as he.

Heh. But why would you make an alligator the guard animal? If I was going to rip off a grow house, that wouldn't be enough to scare me away. With those tiny little legs all they can do is scurry so it's not like you're going to get chased, and they can't bark. Plus they're not in an aggressive mode 24/7.

There's a reason why any serious drug dealer has a pitbull.

Heh. But why would you make an alligator the guard animal? If I was going to rip off a grow house, that wouldn't be enough to scare me away. With those tiny little legs all they can do is scurry so it's not like you're going to get chased, and they can't bark. Plus they're not in an aggressive mode 24/7.

Sheldon.....

They're deceptively fast.

If you run in a straight line, he will get you, no lie.

Their weak link is their jaw muscles. If you can close his mouth, you can literally keep it closed with 2 fingers......even a 14 footer can be kept closed with 1 hand.

But if you have to run away from one, zig-zag a LOT. They are fast!!!

Brilliant!

See you later

wall_gator_boat.jpg

Sheldon.....

Their weak link is their jaw muscles. If you can close his mouth, you can literally keep it closed with 2 fingers......even a 14 footer can be kept closed with 1 hand.

:lol:

Is there even a video of a human getting chased by a gator? They've got a sphere of explosive speed, especially around the neck and head area, but they're not going to put up a chase on dry land. No zig-zagging required.

If any dealer is favoring a gator over a pitbull for a guard animal, they're an idiot.

Sheldon.....

:lol:

Is there even a video of a human getting chased by a gator? They've got a sphere of explosive speed, especially around the neck and head area, but they're not going to put up a chase on dry land. No zig-zagging required.

If any dealer is favoring a gator over a pitbull for a guard animal, they're an idiot.

It's the sneak attack that will do a person in!

Project%20366%20%20333366%20Alligator%20attack.jpg

Or this--

Those cops have some titanium balls to be standing around a high-speed chaser like the alligator! Poke poke, hiss. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back