Allies and Adversaries

Interesting question. In my opinion, the only two countries that have been US allies (staunch allies at that) through thick and thin, despite some disagreements, are the UK and Australia. Israel is kind of in there, depending on the international situation. The rest are either indifferent or actively opposed to the US.
Which two countries do you think are the most dangerous, CSM?

We dont have aggressive trade policies like CHina. Even if we do manage to become the no. 1 economy in Asia it will do no harm to any nation. Infact both Australia and India will benefit from this. We can have a bigger trade and as you know lots of Indian students come to Australia to study so our education exchange programs will also benefit.
So akiboy, from an Indian perspective, what are your answers to the original questions that were the subject of this thread? India's five most important allies, etc.

Which two countries do you think are the most dangerous, CSM?

Depends in which aspect you examine them.

Iran is just scary because (in my opinion) they will get and use nuclear weapons either directly or through a terrorist proxy.

China is rapidly becoming an economic force to reckon with but I don't think they are necessarily a military threat for a lot of reasons (mostly because they are trying to deal with internal/domestic issues).

I don't discount North Korea but I think China can keep them in check.

Some South American countries could be potential troublemakess (Chavez seems to view himself as the next Castro) and we have ignored That region for far too long.

The Middle East is the biggest fly in the ointment and probably will be for some time to come.

Forum List

Back