Allert: Please Save Toby.

freeandfun1 said:
If he recieved $1 or $1 million for selling T-Shirts, hats, cups, etc., there is nothing at all morally wrong with that.

*shakes head* You'd rip off Peter to pay Paul if you thought you could get away with it. I'm betting he hasn't sold a single $20 t-shirt, yet has quite the pad from illegitimate "donations".

freeandfun1 said:
If he recieved $1 or $1 million for selling T-Shirts, hats, cups, etc., there is nothing at all morally wrong with that.

I'd buy a shirt, not one cent in donations though, that's sleezy on his part.

Shattered said:
*shakes head* You'd rip off Peter to pay Paul if you thought you could get away with it. I'm betting he hasn't sold a single $20 t-shirt, yet has quite the pad from illegitimate "donations".

If somebody gives you money for either goods or services, that is not ripping somebody off. Get a clue.

How do you come to the conclusion you do about ME?

You're pretty pathetic. You want so bad to be right, that you will let common sense go by the wayside.

Said1 said:
I'd buy a shirt, not one cent in donations though, that's sleezy on his part.

This is an obvious spin off of the "Save Bernd" website. This guy has an entire "Save Toby" collection of goods. Just look at the store. It is obvious the entire thing is set up as a way to promote his line of t-shirts, mugs, etc. It's a pretty good marketing ploy if you ask me. People will buy the stuff, knowing damn well that the entire thing is made up, just for fun. I bet his number one customers are college students. Something like this fits right in-line with what they find as being "cool".

freeandfun1 said:
If somebody gives you money for either goods or services, that is not ripping somebody off. Get a clue.

How do you come to the conclusion you do about ME?

You're pretty pathetic. You want so bad to be right, that you will let common sense go by the wayside.

Goods or services.. If nobody is buying the merchandise as posted, what "service" is he offering?

If somebody is giving you money for goods or services, you'd damned well better be in possession of a business license (I can show you what one looks like if you're unsure), and reporting it as income at the end of the year, if it's more than $600.

What are the odds he's in possession of one? What "services" is he offering, that he can ask for $1.00 donations, given all of his merchandise has specific prices?

freeandfun1 said:
This is an obvious spin off of the "Save Bernd" website. This guy has an entire "Save Toby" collection of goods. Just look at the store. It is obvious the entire thing is set up as a way to promote his line of t-shirts, mugs, etc. It's a pretty good marketing ploy if you ask me. People will buy the stuff, knowing damn well that the entire thing is made up, just for fun. I bet his number one customers are college students. Something like this fits right in-line with what they find as being "cool".

Exactly, I thought it was pretty funny myself.

freeandfun1 said:

You're kidding, right? Jimmy can set up the same exact store with logos for this website on the same exact t-shirts, mugs, bumper stickers, etc. within less than 5 minutes. Nothing is actually printed until something *sells*. It's done through Amazon.com.

The difference being that here, if he asks for donations, he's *actually* providing a "service".

Shattered said:
Goods or services.. If nobody is buying the merchandise as posted, what "service" is he offering?

Nobody said he was offering any services. I just stated, factually, that if you pay somebody for a good or service that they provide, that is not "ripping" sombody off. DOH!

Shattered said:
If somebody is giving you money for goods or services, you'd damned well better be in possession of a business license (I can show you what one looks like if you're unsure)

And I can show you what a corporate resolution looks like. So what?

What are the odds he's in possession of one?

People sell on ebay all day long without a business license.

freeandfun1 said:
Shattered said:

Nobody said he was offering any services. I just stated, factually, that if you pay somebody for a good or service that they provide, that is not "ripping" sombody off. DOH!

And I can show you what a corporate resolution looks like. So what?

People sell on ebay all day long without a business license.

So.. since he's not providing a service for his "donations", then you agree he's ripping people off. Welcome to the light. :)

Only the stupid ones sell on eBay without a license., and they eventually get caught. :)

Shattered said:
So.. since he's not providing a service for his "donations", then you agree he's ripping people off. Welcome to the light. :)

WTF? Where do you get your idiotic logic? Donations are just that, DONATIONS. If somebody is stupid enough to GIVE him money, that is THEIR problem, not his (unless one person GIVES more than $11,000 then you have to file a IRS form 706).

Shattered said:
Only the stupid ones sell on eBay without a license., and they eventually get caught. :)

It all depends on what you are selling, how often you are selling, where you are located, etc., etc. You like to make blanket statements and then assume they apply everywhere. The one thing I am sure we can agree on in regards to this one is that no matter what, you have to claim your income on your taxes.

no1tovote4 said:
Who would donate to this? I would rather e-mail him for the recipes.

Rabbit tastes good.
My parents raised them when I was a kid..... I found them scrawny and tasteless. Perhaps it was the way they were prepared. I always felt like I was eating a big rat.

This guy must have done his homework beforehand... in his home state, it must be legal or at the worst a ticketed violation for poaching game. Whether he eats what is served in restaurants around the U.S. is immaterial to humanitarian law in the U.S., although the F.D.A might have a word with him if he shares it with his friends.

Other than than, its a brilliant way to run a charity for this rabbit, which I am assuming he must be doing to avoid conflict with the I.R.S.!

KarlMarx said:
My parents raised them when I was a kid..... I found them scrawny and tasteless. Perhaps it was the way they were prepared. I always felt like I was eating a big rat.

It might have been the way they were cooked. I usually eat rabbit when I go to the local Persian restaurant. I also had a friend whose parents raised and ate rabbits, they usually would put the meat into a stew so their recipe wouldn't have made you feel quite that way.

I tried an experiment, and typed "save toby" on the google search engine, and "wow!", did I ever get a lot of hits. This "save Toby" thing is being discussed all over the place. Anyway, I found one post where a person contacted PETA about Save Toby, and this is PETA's response..................

Here's PETA's response to "Save Toby".

PETA cannot endorse giving money to SaveToby.com, since doing so will
only encourage other cruel individuals to threaten animals in order to
extort money from compassionate people.

You may wish to complain to the site's internet service provider (ISP)
and request that the site be removed. An investigation may determine
that the site's content violates the ISP's user agreement. To find the
ISP of this site, please visit
http://www.H4HA.org/stopcruelty/query.html. You can also submit
offensive sites to the Animal Cruelty Action List at
http://www.H4HA.org/stopcruelty.

It is important to remember that rabbits, as well as millions of cows,
chickens, pigs and other animals also suffer and die daily on factory
farms and in slaughterhouses and butcher shops. To learn more about
ways to stop this cruelty, please visit http://www.GoVeg.com.

We hope that you find this information helpful. Thank you for your
compassion for animals.

Sincerely,

The PETA Staff
http://www.PETA.org

Eightball said:
Please Save Toby.....Attention All Peta Members Especially!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a chance that Toby's life can be saved...but it will take a lot of help.

Please read this heart-wrenching story.

http://www.savetoby.com/
(Turn On Your P.C. Sound To Better-Sense Toby's Plight)

nowi was going to write something similar to what that person had on his site...lol
id make a soup out of him!

Forum List

Back