Allert: Please Save Toby.

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
Please Save Toby.....Attention All Peta Members Especially!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a chance that Toby's life can be saved...but it will take a lot of help.

Please read this heart-wrenching story.

http://www.savetoby.com/
(Turn On Your P.C. Sound To Better-Sense Toby's Plight)

Eightball said:
Please Save Toby.....Attention All Peta Members Especially!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a chance that Toby's life can be saved...but it will take a lot of help.

Please read this heart-wrenching story.

http://www.savetoby.com/
(Turn On Your P.C. Sound To Better-Sense Toby's Plight)

I'm no PETA nut, but that doesn't even border on amusing. :(

Why would someone use people like that?

Shattered said:
I'm no PETA nut, but that doesn't even border on amusing. :(

Why would someone use people like that?

That fact is, that people are actually going to send money to this extorter.

I hope that this nut-job doesn't really intend to hurt that critter, but who knows?

Can you imagine if this is the beginning of a trend?

Think of this. People posting these animal hostage links to get people to send money......it's bazaar, but some will probably "sucker" into doing it.

Eightball said:

I hope that this nut-job doesn't really intend to hurt that critter, but who knows?

Think of this. People posting these animal hostage links to get people to send money......it's bazaar, but some will probably "sucker" into doing it.

That account currently has over $13,000.00 in it..

Eightball said:

Seriously, though, isn't this type of thing at least borderline illegal? It's definitely unethical.

Shattered said:
Damn. I thought Joker took weekends off...
I have to keep my photoshop skills up ... you never know when it might come in handy.... after all, there's talk of Hillary running for president.....

KarlMarx said:
Seriously, though, isn't this type of thing at least borderline illegal? It's definitely unethical.

I was wondering that to. I guess it would depend on where this person lives, and what laws are applicable there, if any.

Why would eating a rabbit be illegal or unethical? I can go down to just about any restaurant on the strip here in Vegas an rabbit is on the menu. It is obvious it is an attempt at humor more than anything and frankly, I dont' see anything wrong with it. Some rabbit sounds pretty damn good to me!

freeandfun1 said:
Why would eating a rabbit be illegal or unethical? I can go down to just about any restaurant on the strip here in Vegas an rabbit is on the menu. It is obvious it is an attempt at humor more than anything and frankly, I dont' see anything wrong with it. Some rabbit sounds pretty damn good to me!

If you want to eat rabbit, that's your perrogative. What's unethical is using extortion to get money out of innocent people with the threat of doing something a specific group of people are going to react to.

If it were a joke, there would be no Paypal account with $13k attached to it.

Personally, I think it's worthy of a good ass kicking.

freeandfun1 said:

I hope your right too. I have ate rabbit, and frankly it was good......but I don't particularly like eating my pet.

I'm no animal right's fanatic............If there's $13,000.00 given to this joker........is it legal for him/her to keep the money? Could this ruse if it is......be a violation of some business, ethics, or ordinances?

Nobody put a gun to the donors heads - unlike that poor lil' doggie.

If it were illegal to profit by the gullibility of Americans, Al Franken would have a number instead of a name.

musicman said:
Nobody put a gun to the donors heads - unlike that poor lil' doggie.

If it were illegal to profit by the gullibility of Americans, Al Franken would have a number instead of a name.

It's not illegal to be gay, either, but you guys seem to have a *serious* problem with that..

Why is one wrong completely unacceptable, yet another wrong is perfectly tolerable?

Shattered said:
It's not illegal to be gay, either, but you guys seem to have a *serious* problem with that..

Why is one wrong completely unacceptable, yet another wrong is perfectly tolerable?

But, I'm not trying to legitimize stupidity. I accept that it exists, that's all. I wouldn't support civil unions for people based solely on the fact that they can demonstrate that they're imbeciles.

musicman said:
But, I'm not trying to legitimize stupidity. I accept that it exists, that's all. I wouldn't support civil unions for people based solely on the fact that they can demonstrate that they're imbeciles.

I merely wonder why you don't fight this type of wrong with the same gusto you fight against other things..

I thought it was kind of funny, and wonder about the intelligence of people who would donate money to such a lugen. There probably isn't even a Toby.

Shattered said:
I merely wonder why you don't fight this type of wrong with the same gusto you fight against other things..

Personally, I wonder how you managed to make the leap from rabbit hostage to homosexual issues. Wowee - even Evel Knievel couldn't jump THAT gap! :poke:

Shattered said:

What would you have me do? If stupid, gullible people tried to push for special rights based solely on their stupidity and gullibility, I imagine I could muster some gusto.

Merlin1047 said:
Personally, I wonder how you managed to make the leap from rabbit hostage to homosexual issues. Wowee - even Evel Knievel couldn't jump THAT gap! :poke:

Maybe we could get him to jump 1000 rabbits with a steamroller!

Forum List

Back