Allen West Compares Himself To Abraham Lincoln

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), who lost his congressional reelection bid to Democrat Patrick Murphy, said Friday that his recent defeat does not mean his political career is over, pointing out that Abraham Lincoln only served one term in Congress.

During an interview with NPR, host Michel Martin asked the often outspoken congressman what he intends to do after he leaves office, just two years after his 2011 debut on Capitol Hill.

"Look, you know, God closes a door so that he can open up greater doors. I will continue to, you know, stand up and fight for this country. That's my goal," West said. "And always remember, Abraham Lincoln only served one term in Congress, too."
It’s unfortunate he refuses to ‘fight’ for everyone in the country.

Pointing out that Lincoln only served one term in Congress is comparing himself to him how? The only thing West did was say despite his loss he will continue to try find ways to serve his Country I never cease to be amazed how people find things in statements that aren't there.
because your talking to a person who claims he is something he is not......for a Jerk like LaKoota.....making things up is easy...

allen-west-lunatic.jpg

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), who lost his congressional reelection bid to Democrat Patrick Murphy, said Friday that his recent defeat does not mean his political career is over, pointing out that Abraham Lincoln only served one term in Congress.

During an interview with NPR, host Michel Martin asked the often outspoken congressman what he intends to do after he leaves office, just two years after his 2011 debut on Capitol Hill.

"Look, you know, God closes a door so that he can open up greater doors. I will continue to, you know, stand up and fight for this country. That's my goal," West said. "And always remember, Abraham Lincoln only served one term in Congress, too."
It’s unfortunate he refuses to ‘fight’ for everyone in the country.

some feel the same way about Obama

so calling him a Uncle Tom isn't considerd racist?

but dipping a Obama Bobblehead doll in beer is

horrible people here

Allen West Compares Himself To Abraham Lincoln

Are we to assume that Allen West, the People's Choice, is now planning to follow Lincoln's example and run for the GOP presidential nomination for 2016?

If its true, he just made the Democratic Party's day.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back