Alleged Voter Suppression Thread

Placing unwarranted restrictions on voting in an effort to address ‘fraud,’ when there is no evidence ‘fraud’ exists, is politically, not factually, motivated, and therefore subject to accusations of voter suppression.

The issue has nothing to do with allowing the dead or aliens to vote, as there is no evidence such ‘fraud’ has altered the outcome of any election.

For example:

In Michigan in 2005, 132 votes were alleged to have been cast by deceased voters. The allegations were premised on a flawed match of voter rolls to death lists. A follow-up investigation by the Secretary of State revealed that these alleged dead voters were actually absentee ballots mailed to voters who died before Election Day; 97 of these ballots were never voted, and 27 were voted before the voter passed away. Even if the remaining eight cases all revealed substantiated fraud, that would amount to a rate of at most 0.0027%.

http://brennan.3cdn.net/e20e4210db075b482b_wcm6ib0hl.pdf

Consequently, a voter ‘fraud’ rate of at most 0.0027% does not constitute evidence of ‘fraud,’ and undermines the legitimacy of measures designed to address a problem that doesn’t exist.

welcome to the other adult in the room

Placing unwarranted restrictions on voting in an effort to address ‘fraud,’ when there is no evidence ‘fraud’ exists, is politically, not factually, motivated, and therefore subject to accusations of voter suppression.

The issue has nothing to do with allowing the dead or aliens to vote, as there is no evidence such ‘fraud’ has altered the outcome of any election.

For example:

In Michigan in 2005, 132 votes were alleged to have been cast by deceased voters. The allegations were premised on a flawed match of voter rolls to death lists. A follow-up investigation by the Secretary of State revealed that these alleged dead voters were actually absentee ballots mailed to voters who died before Election Day; 97 of these ballots were never voted, and 27 were voted before the voter passed away. Even if the remaining eight cases all revealed substantiated fraud, that would amount to a rate of at most 0.0027%.

Consequently, a voter ‘fraud’ rate of at most 0.0027% does not constitute evidence of ‘fraud,’ and undermines the legitimacy of measures designed to address a problem that doesn’t exist.

The issue is NOT whether the efforts to engage in voter fraud have successfully altered an election.

The issue is whether there is ANY impropriety in demanding tht only eligible voters be permitted to vote.

And the answer is: No. There is no impropriety involved in that at all in ANY way whatsofuckingever.

Oh, what the hell - a song for TM, with special attention to "my choo-choo jumped the track."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBM82Ju2kJU]Chicago - We Both Reached for the Gun - YouTube[/ame]

Keeping legal Americans from voting so you can win elections is unAmerican

you cheated too hard this time and now your going to pay the cost.

there wont be the option of a consent decree this time.

The dems learned their lesson on that one

For example:

welcome to the other adult in the room
I'm certain he's overwhelmed by your hearty endorsement. :lmao:

its your burden to prove and you cant prove it.

Your whole party has been unable to justify this march with any facts.

that is why you will lose the court case

its your burden to prove and you cant prove it.

Your whole party has been unable to justify this march with any facts.

that is why you will lose the court case

I have no burden on your assertions, you spineless coward liar.

YOU made the claim.

YOU need to back it up.

Also, you are running away from some pretty simple questions, you dishonest hack coward. Here they are again, just for you.

Do you support the "right" of the dead to vote?

Do you imagine that aliens should have a right to vote in American elections?

yeah and you will say the same about the court when you are proven to be the cheating asshole you are

TderpM has no hope of any credibility when she persists in making hollow claims and asking questions but she won't back up her claims and she runs away from questions.

Keeping legal Americans from voting so you can win elections is unAmerican

Allowing illegal immigrants, felons and dead people to vote so you can win elections is un-American.

Sure would be but its not happening

The fact that it can't be proven, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Now, if I went to the polls and claimed I was you and voted in your place, in a state without voter ID laws, I would be allowed to vote.
Were you to come in 20 minutes later and find your name already crossed off the list, you're shit out of luck. You could file a complaint, but seeing I was not compelled to show ID, there is no real chance of me being identified, much less prosecuted.
Now, suppose I decided to go vote for someone who had died recently. Without ID laws, I would simply give the name of a dead guy and cast my (his) vote. There is no way at all to even know a crime was committed, much less prosecute it.
The only way one could get caught voting in the place of another would be on the very slim chance that the person you are voting for is known by the poll worker.
The odds are what? 1000:1 that you will get away with it, so potentially, the number of fraudulent votes is roughly 2%.
While I don't want any eligible voter to be denied his rights, I would be directly effected by having my vote stolen.

Forum List

Back