Alleged Rapist: "Witchhunt!"

Complete nonsense.

So you feel Assange should be allowed to get away with any crime he commits? You are an idiot.

I never said that. I meant that if accused of a crime, the country that person has citizenship in should do everything it can to protect that person.

You did say exactly that. You want him to get away with whatever crime he commits.

As you wrote: you don't care what he did.

I don't care what he did, because whatever he did, my country should be doing all it can to help him.

The US doesn't want him. He just says that. The UK would turn him over to Sweden because it's Sweden that is extraditing him. Not the US.

That's not true either. We're not ready to start proceedings but... we definitely want his ass.

There's an excellent article in the New Statesman about it... it's a blog, but it's a very good piece regardless.

New Statesman - Legal myths about the Assange extradition

I suggest anyone who wants to defend Assange with yet more Zombie Lies reads this - and weeps.

I don't care what he did, my country should be looking after him. We should fight tooth and nail to ensure he is not sent to America, because he will be killed there.

Such hysteria might play well with the lunatic fringe who support Assange, but - for those of us with a brain - not so much. Your country won't lift a finger to help him... because they know shit that you don't know.

I never said that. I meant that if accused of a crime, the country that person has citizenship in should do everything it can to protect that person.

You did say exactly that. You want him to get away with whatever crime he commits.

I don't care what he did, because whatever he did, my country should be doing all it can to help him.

So, if he stood accused of raping and murdering a bunch of kids, you'd be ok with your country protecting and helping him? Seriously? How very abnormal.

So, if he stood accused of raping and murdering a bunch of kids, you'd be ok with your country protecting and helping him? Seriously? How very abnormal.

If he faced death in another country, then as my country is anti death penalty, yes, they should be helping.

If he faced death in another country, then as my country is anti death penalty, yes, they should be helping.

Ok, so you're in favour of your government helping to protect rapists. Noted.

Thanks, Artevelde. Hopefully the man will face justice and be instructed to live his life in a better way if he is found errant. If somehow he would be extradited to the US for his unfortunate assault on our security in Afghanistan and around the world, those of Australia can rest assured we will obey international law and the laws of their nation and not execute him for his wrongdoing, although one of ours would likely face the death penalty, because they know better, and treason while in the service of one's country is frowned upon.

And it could be Sweden decides not to allow him to be taken. They are a sovereign nation, after all and can only offer extradition if the people of Sweden allow it. The US is not a winner here. Mr. Assange is responsible for the death of all those who were listed in his little skirt-lifting campaign on the USA. The terrorists killing our allies is on his head, not ours, but the people of Afghanistan have likely lost their trust of us, thanks to Bradley Manning and his nefarious alliance with the forces that bring terrorism about--blatant stupidity on the part of big mouth singers who reveal classified information, and use their gifts of persuasion to put their own friends at threat of our death penalty as in the case of Bradley Manning, who could be facing either death or life of being kept by military men who take a dim view of having their friends tortured and murdered by terrorists.

Assange will not be put to death in America, but if he comes here, he will have to account for his unfortunate decision of taking an elected government's place and inserting his own uninformed evil decisions on the whole world to bring more terror to Afghanistan than they had under the first wave of Talibani, who have invaded their unwitting sovereign nation since Mohammad established and perpetuated a reign of child rape and murder upon the world. We feel that in and of itself is far worse than the allowance of one man to damage our investment in the good people of Afghanistan who do not rape, torture, humiliate, and murder women.

Last edited:

The United States of America is not as barbaric as your perpetration of the idea, madam. While we reserve the right to instate the death penalty upon our own citizens, we do little more than restrict the propensities of foreign criminal assailants upon our nation's security than allow them to think it over in a jail cell for the duration of their sentence.

Mr. Assange may well be responsible for tearing up our nation's victory over rapists and murderers who have taken over the nation of Afghanistan since the times of Mohammad the child rapist and murdering, genocidal killer of his own; Mr. Assange may have facilitated more of that through his most evil organization Wikileaks.

If your country diplomatically requests it, he will not face the death penalty, and that's all there is to it.

Thanks, Artevelde. Hopefully the man will face justice and be instructed to live his life in a better way if he is found errant. If somehow he would be extradited to the US for his unfortunate assault on our security in Afghanistan and around the world, those of Australia can rest assured we will obey international law and the laws of their nation and not execute him for his wrongdoing, although one of ours would likely face the death penalty, because they know better, and treason while in the service of one's country is frowned upon.

And it could be Sweden decides not to allow him to be taken. They are a sovereign nation, after all and can only offer extradition if the people of Sweden allow it. The US is not a winner here. Mr. Assange is responsible for the death of all those who were listed in his little skirt-lifting campaign on the USA. The terrorists killing our allies is on his head, not ours, but the people of Afghanistan have likely lost their trust of us, thanks to Bradley Manning and his nefarious alliance with the forces that bring terrorism about--blatant stupidity on the part of big mouth singers who reveal classified information, and use their gifts of persuasion to put their own friends at threat of our death penalty as in the case of Bradley Manning, who could be facing either death or life of being kept by military men who take a dim view of having their friends tortured and murdered by terrorists.

Assange will not be put to death in America, but if he comes here, he will have to account for his unfortunate decision of taking an elected government's place and inserting his own uninformed evil decisions on the whole world to bring more terror to Afghanistan than they had under the first wave of Talibani, who have invaded their unwitting sovereign nation since Mohammad established and perpetuated a reign of child rape and murder upon the world. We feel that in and of itself is far worse than the allowance of one man to damage our investment in the good people of Afghanistan who do not rape, torture, humiliate, and murder women.

As far as I know the US has not asked Sweden (or any other country for that matter) to extradite him. Right now the only real issue is the Swedish investigation into his alleged criminal activity while in Sweden and it is this assange seeks to avoid. All the rest is just a smokescreen.

As far as I know the US has not asked Sweden (or any other country for that matter) to extradite him. Right now the only real issue is the Swedish investigation into his alleged criminal activity while in Sweden and it is this assange seeks to avoid. All the rest is just a smokescreen.
You're right. I haven't heard much of a push for Assange's hide going around, even with my ear to the ground.

But for someone so interested in showing others up, Assange certainly has tightened and buttoned up his own straightjacket. :rolleyes:

You're right. I haven't heard much of a push for Assange's hide going around, even with my ear to the ground.

But for someone so interested in showing others up, Assange certainly has tightened and buttoned up his own straightjacket. :rolleyes:
Assange has played on public sympathy, the Australian government tried its best to get him to shut his mouth and see sense; but it just goes from one thing to the next. There is a decent argument to be made he was 'proven guilty before being given a chance to be proven innocent'; but no one can escape a court summons, even if he leaves the UK he will be on an Interpol list till he fronts up and goes.

Forum List

Back