all you obama haters etc....

Because he was elected President by more than 50% of the people and an even larger electoral vote?

That says more about the voters then it does about him. I guess they really have proved to be THAT STUPID.

John Ziegler has proven that Obama voters were ignorant of all of these things. Had the mainstream press done their job and informed voters about Obama he would have lost in a landslide.

But what about you? Are you telling me you can overlook this incredible list of defficiencies in Obama and still be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt? :confused:

Obviously they can as they knew or should have known these issues before they voted. You can thank the MSM first for giving only 1 side and the Republicans for not giving us a candidate.

Obviously they can as they knew or should have known these issues before they voted. You can thank the MSM first for giving only 1 side and the Republicans for not giving us a candidate.
Yeah I know - I just wanted to see her run away...

No, you didn't miss it because it never happened. The Bush supporters spent eight long years questioning the patriotism of anyone that disagreed with Bush's policies, insisting they recite the pledge to prove their love of America, or just calling them traitors and terrorist supporters.

They're assholes, IMO.

And here you are supporting calling people that do not support Obama as disloyal and racist. Go figure.

Not me, in fact that's just a talking point your boy Rush came up with.

Retarded as usual. I do not now, nor have I ever listened to Rush Limbaugh. Something you have been told before, But that methane filled space between your ears can not retain much information can it?

The only radio I listen to is John boy and Billy in the morning and then not very often.

Retarded as usual. I do not now, nor have I ever listened to Rush Limbaugh. Something you have been told before, But that methane filled space between your ears can not retain much information can it?

The only radio I listen to is John boy and Billy in the morning and then not very often.

that's how you know they spend time in the socket,, you tell him something and it just bypasses their circutry. :cuckoo:

Actually if Gore had stolen the election it would have gone a lot more then bitching, some of us would have resorted to armed rebellion against an open coup.

I don't think so. Just like this time, the Conservatives may have complained a bit, but then would have waited for what would be to be. For all the excuse making that they got 'behind' Bush after 9/11, it didn't last a month for most. After Iraq, they went nuts, though with the surge most are quite quiet about it now, as Obama is going to follow the plan and get the US out, with honor.

If the US is hit while Obama is in office, of the type that no one could have predicted, I wouldn't expect the Conservatives to act like so most liberals, oh there would be the one or two or several that don't bring much to the table in the best of circumstances, but they are the tiny minority.

I saw it in 2000 and 2004, when the Liberals were inconsolable most Conservatives said that things would work out, indeed why not try to stay connected to the process. Few were calling the Liberals, "fools and now you'll get what you've given!" "Just wait, you'll find out what silence really is..." Conservatives for the whole are just not the emotional about politics, consumed by revenge, or paranoid about the system.

I don't think so. Just like this time, the Conservatives may have complained a bit, but then would have waited for what would be to be. For all the excuse making that they got 'behind' Bush after 9/11, it didn't last a month for most. After Iraq, they went nuts, though with the surge most are quite quiet about it now, as Obama is going to follow the plan and get the US out, with honor.

If the US is hit while Obama is in office, of the type that no one could have predicted, I wouldn't expect the Conservatives to act like so most liberals, oh there would be the one or two or several that don't bring much to the table in the best of circumstances, but they are the tiny minority.

I saw it in 2000 and 2004, when the Liberals were inconsolable most Conservatives said that things would work out, indeed why not try to stay connected to the process. Few were calling the Liberals, "fools and now you'll get what you've given!" "Just wait, you'll find out what silence really is..." Conservatives for the whole are just not the emotional about politics, consumed by revenge, or paranoid about the system.
exactly what i have been saying
we will have another election in 2 years, Obama has till then to show he wasnt as bad as we think he is

I never wished Bush did poorly. If he had been following my advice, he probably wouldn't have a 22% approval rating, and he probably wouldn't have led the nation over a cliff.

I slammed him for making stupid policy choices. Invading Iraq - dumb, expensive, and bloody. Deregulating Wall Street? Idiotic. Embracing unfettered "free market" theology, with minimal oversight? Bad move, we've seen that movie before. If he had followed most of the advice from true liberals, we wouldn't be in nearly as much of a mess as were are now. This crap happened on his watch, and while its not 100% his fault, he has to shoulder much of the responsiblity for his appalling governance and failure to police and regulate the markets. That's an Executive responsibility. The President has to excersice leadership in those areas.

Pointing out that I was right and Bush was wrong, is far from wishing ill on the country. I wish Bush would have listened to true liberals. And I think it is important to know how we got here. So we don't repeat the same mistakes again.

I hope Obama pursues more sane policy choices, and is a more engaged and energetic leader. Who knows? I've always had my suspicions that Obama is a milquetoast centrist Democrat, who is not prone to making bold moves or progressive policy changes. I just hope he will be competent and mitigate the worst of the exessive "free market" theology exercised by Bush and his followers.
Then links below are what Clinton and Obama did pryor to the elections, hummm wonder if they live up to it???:eusa_whistle::confused::eusa_whistle:
UPDATED: Obama Sued Citibank Under CRA to Force it to Make Bad Loans | Media Circus

Hidden Clinton “Success Story”: Fannie Mae subprime loans for minorities

O'S DANGEROUS PALS - New York Post

Last edited:
i have a question...why in the world are you wishing obama does poorly....why? are you really that stupid to hope a sitting president does poorly? what kind of american wishes ill on his country to prove his party or whatever was right? do you really think of yourself as a proud american or simply a proud republican, conservative you can fill in the blank. if you are hoping obama does poorly then you are stupid and need to rethink your loyalities...we need a president to do well and take us out of our current situation....

to the democrats....we are up to our ass in gators...quit trying to drain the swamp...how we got here is only for historicians to debate now...what is important is how we move forward...there are no past laurels to live on at this point....we need to unite and move forward with the goal of making this the greatest country we can.

my point: we have 4 years of obama...let all hope for the best...lets unite behind the president and hope we can get beyond the current situation....so for all of those wishing obama does poorly...stop being stupid partisan ass and realize this country needs to unite and achieve goals that are not beyond us...unless our focus is elsewhere....

so what is more important to you...being a proud republican, democrat or a proud american??? be honest ...can you put your party loyality behind and be a loyal american or will you just whine and bitch and hope for the worse and take glee in all the bad news about obama you can?

Oh, shut UP.

"What kind of American wishes ill on his country to prove his party or whatever was right"? According to the Democrats' indignant screams for the last eight years, patriotic Americans do that.

And there's a big difference between wishing he does poorly and expecting him to do poorly. All the wishful thinking in the world isn't going to make his policies good for this nation, and I for one am running extremely low on patience with hypocritical leftists squealing about how we all need to "get past the partisanship" and rally behind the President for the sake of our country. You have no right and no moral authority to even DISCUSS that topic, let alone demand it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: when conservatives even APPROACH the execrable behavior that leftists displayed the last eight years - when they approach it even measured in light years - you can bitch and moan and whine. Until then, shut the hell up.

So very true. From the most vehement Bush haters this is what they keep saying and writing. They are liars, for they are saying, "NOW! Do as I say, not as I did." Indeed, they do have 'laurels' they are now running from. They effectively did to Bush what they fear 'Conservatives' will now do, they know just how effective their constant barrage of venom has been.

The dilemma for those that do care about our country, do we do as they did?

No. There is little chance that we would even consider behaving the way they did, because conservatives genuinely do love their country and put it ahead of their own personal political goals.

The real dilemma for us is to keep from succumbing to the left's propaganda and bullshit that tries to equate any criticism of or disagreement with Obama with their insane, eye-spinning, frothing Bush Derangement Syndrome as a means of silencing us.

David Limbaugh wrote an excellent article that addresses this subject:

"Many say that now that Barack Obama has been elected, we should all work together for the common good. That sounds wonderful until you realize that we don't all agree on what is the common good.

Notice I don't take the position that Republicans should refuse to cooperate with Mr. Obama because Democrats have been indescribably partisan, cruel and unfair to President Bush for the past eight years. Those are certainly grounds to call them hypocrites, but we must always put the best interests of the nation above petty partisanship -- obviously.

So we must ask: Would it be in the best interest of the nation for Republicans to work with Barack Obama?

The only sensible answer is: It depends on what policies Obama pursues. As much as people want to believe that getting along is the highest good, there are many more important things.

If Democrats were being honest, they would agree with that statement. Otherwise, they owe us an explanation as to why they opposed President Bush at every turn. Could it be they think their ideas on Iraq, the war on terror, education, stem cell research, judges, the environment, immigration and the rest are more important to them than simply getting along? I thought so.

And while certain conservative "intellectuals" have anesthetized or deluded themselves with feel-good platitudes, I daresay that camaraderie in furtherance of policies that could permanently erode our liberties is hardly for the common good.

Yet with Obama's rash of Clinton-era appointments, these conservative elites are already feeling vindicated in their stated hope that Obama is not a leftist who would govern in accordance with his decidedly liberal record.

But as I anticipate the Obama presidency, I'm -- surprise, surprise -- far less sanguine. To the extent that Obama charts a course toward preserving our liberties and prosperity, I'll be more than happy to support him. To the extent that he does not, I have a duty to oppose him, for which I do not apologize.

Based on his campaign and everything I've been able to glean from his available records, I believe Obama would:

-- Shut down Guantanamo Bay and otherwise make life much easier for our terrorist enemies and others who want to destroy the United States and Israel.

-- Fill any Supreme Court and lower court vacancies with liberal activist judges whose decisions would further imperil our constitutional integrity.

-- Promote a culture that, notwithstanding the embarrassing denials of such previously stalwart life proponents as Doug Kmiec, would be hostile to the lives of the innocent unborn.

-- Initiate a stimulus package that would equal or exceed the $700 billion government "bailout" package, the sheer magnitude of which is still sending shock waves into America's free-market soul. This, despite the liberals' castigation of President Bush for eight years for fiscal irresponsibility.

-- Further open the floodgates to illegal immigration, with the purpose of expanding another Democratic constituency and with utter disregard for the rule of law and whether immigrants assimilate into the unique American culture or learn the English language and American civics.

-- Seek to implement endless Draconian measures to satisfy the global warming cult, whose blind faith to their secular religion blinds them -- ironically -- to real science and whose ideology makes them indifferent, at best, to the disastrous economic and freedom-zapping consequences that would ensue.

-- Pour even more federal money into and demand more federal control over education, consistent with the liberal policy goals of the National Education Association, which are demonstrably aimed at indoctrination, at the expense of academic excellence.

-- Continue to oppose school vouchers, to the disproportionate detriment of inner-city minority children.

-- Withdraw our troops from Iraq, even against the advice of generals on the ground, jeopardizing our almost consummated victory, the independence and freedom of the Iraqi people, and possibly rendering vain the noble deaths there of American and Iraqi soldiers.

-- Impose some form of nationalized health care, which would inevitably destroy, despite its many problems, the best system of health care in the world.

-- Implement a cookie-cutter Iraq-type surge in Afghanistan when -- as former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's op-ed in The New York Times makes clear -- such a course could embroil us in a devastating quagmire.

-- Re-sign into law the Censorship Doctrine, otherwise mislabeled the "Fairness Doctrine," with the unhidden purpose of silencing conservative talk radio critics.

We live in very dangerous times. Many of these policies would be very difficult, if not impossible, to reverse and could forever change America.

I ask those of you who place such a high priority on bipartisanship and collegiality: If Obama pursues the course outlined here, should we help him to be "successful" in those pursuits?"

The highlighted part states my position in a nutshell.

As a non-Obama supporter who wishes him well:

I joined this message board having voted against Obama in a state pretty much guaranteed to go Democrat in the 2008 election. I didn't vote for McCain either as I couldn't have the 5th anti-Roe v. Wade vote on my conscience. But as a non-Obama supporter who is extremely angry with the Democratic party for nominating a new breed of money and lies to the party leadership, I can express that as much as I want all government officials to do well forever, I am extremely skeptical.

Running on a promise of bi-partisanship and change is very different from having lived it. I am a relatively conservative man, but I very much appreciated the fact that Hilary Clinton, John McCain, Sarah Palin, even the current administration, ran for office with a very impressive list of accomplishments, bi-partisanship, and respect for existing legislation. I do not have nearly the same confidence or appreciation for Barack Obama's policy history, voting record, and sponsorship of legislation in either the United States or Illinois Senate.

Change is wonderful; considering the state of the country, it's necessary. But talking and acting are different, and actions have yet to speak for Obama. Being of African descent like we are, looking like a change without having any history of being a change is offensive to a large number of people. I can understand the frustration of white Americans who feel he made his way to the White House by being the modern day "Some of my best friends are Rothschilds" only instead of a friend he's a candidate and instead of a white rumor-has-it Jew he's a visibly-not-WASP. And as a black American who has worked day and night to be accepted not as a similarity but simply as another component of the American melting pot (writer and teacher, traveler, gay-American, etc.) I resent the notion that without any record of any achievement of any change, different form of politics, or break from traditional political ambition, but by simply seeming a cool alternative that feels good in new Earth-tone colors that talks a good talk with a teleprompter earns you the face of black America and the tradition of the Democratic Party. As a registered independent who has swung Democrat since 1988, that's alarming.

So do I wish him well? Of course; I'm a patriot and a human. I don't want to see my money disappear (thank God it hasn't yet) or my country fall off the map (ditto). But why am I criticized for my skepticism? For a constituency that professes a tolerance for difference and multiculturalism, the Obama base has been very intolerant towards a-"liberal" views on many things (abortion, racial civil rights), and a-"conservative" views on many things (gay rights). I have trouble swallowing the Kool-Aid in the face of all that, and I refuse to sit quietly and let someone I dramatically disapprove of represent me for my views.

Congress didn't have much problem coming to a bipartisan bailout of the banks, did it?

i have a question...why in the world are you wishing obama does poorly....why?

No one is wishing the Marxist Muslim that the anti-American subversives voted into the highest office of power in the world will do poorly. We're merely noting that given that which he has professed, he will slow economic growth, usurp individual liberty and undermine the security of the US on the whole...

That is a mathematical certainty...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: when conservatives even APPROACH the execrable behavior that leftists displayed the last eight years - when they approach it even measured in light years - you can bitch and moan and whine.

Do you see any comments on this page of this discussion that would qualify?

Forum List

Back