All you need to know: 1.7% of Americans live outside USA, 9% of Canadians live outside Canada!

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Ask yourself. Why is that? Canada is the second highest in the world in terms of people saying "I'm getting the f out of here". Oh, and about 75,000 are in America as "undocumented" (illegally). Nice ally you have here, especially in Ontario...

Yes, I'm transparent, I have a bone to pick with a few dirty agencies here. I'm not objective, but I am honest.

Canadian diaspora - Wikipedia

The Canadian diaspora is the group of Canadians living outside the borders of Canada. As of a 2010 report by the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada and The Canadian Expat Association, there were 2.8 million Canadian citizens abroad (plus an unknown number of former citizens and descendents of citizens). For comparison, that is a larger population than six of the ten Canadian provinces. More than 9% of all Canadian citizens live outside of Canada. That compares to 1.7% of Americans, 2.6% of Chinese citizens, 3.3% of French citizens, 4.3% of Australians, 9% of British citizens, and 21.9% of New Zealanders.[1]

In past decades, most Canadians leaving the country have moved to the United States. In the 1980s, Los Angeles had the fourth largest Canadian population of any city in North America, with New York close behind. Other countries and cities have emerged as major sites of Canadian settlement, notably Hong Kong, London, Beirut, Sydney, Paris, and Dubai. The population in New York experienced continued growth in the 2000s, doubling between 2000 and 2008 to 21,000, representing the eighth largest foreign-born group in the Borough of Manhattan.[2]

Many Canadians in the United States are there without legal permission; a 2008 report by the Urban Institute estimated that "65,000 and 75,000 undocumented Canadians currently live in the United States".[3]

The largest Canadian populations abroad by country are:[4]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back