all virus writers must be hung by their privates w/piano wire

DK, I've gotten about 300 infected emails so far. I haven't gotten any at my home address, just the usmb address. They are hitting random address's at this domain. I set the catch all to go to :fail: - so all incoming mail addressed to anything but my address automatically gets zapped now.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I just finished one scan on my exchange box and ended up with 12,000+ infected files.

Yikes!

Can you add a filter to block out messages with certain subject lines? Most are 'Hello' 'hello' 'test' 'Returned mail' and 'Server error report'

Originally posted by jimnyc
Yikes!

Can you add a filter to block out messages with certain subject lines? Most are 'Hello' 'hello' 'test' 'Returned mail' and 'Server error report'

we use brightmail for our spam filtering, they won't let me run eManager :mad:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
we use brightmail for our spam filtering, they won't let me run eManager :mad:

My ISP uses brightmail as well. I think it sucks personally, although it could just be the way they manage it. We've done tests in the past compared to other leading providers and my provider/Brightmail was stopping about 40% of the spam. That's unacceptable in my opinion.

it must be the management, we stop about 80%.

I still like emanager though, as long as you keep up with it its 95% or better.

Yeah, the email altogether with my provider leaves a lot to be desired. The email and newsgroups suck. But for $49.95 I am getting capped at 10Mb down and 1Mb up. I just use mailwasher to kill the spam.

I have no idea what youg guys are talking about. I need some help getting rid of this stupid thing, or controlling it - any advise in killing it p:death:

The absolute best virus protection is EZ Antivirus from Computer Associates. It uses the exact same commerial grade scanning engine used in their corporate products. We have run EXTENSIVE lab tests plus my company and our clients have benn using it for 5 years now, not one virus made it through ! The other wonderful thing is it does not slow the system down the way Norton or McAfee does. Here is the best part it is $24.95 for the product and then $9.95 a year after that !!!!

Trust me this product is hard to beat !

You can get it at :

www.my-etrust.com

I meant to comment on the piano wire subject - I AGREE!! Unfortunately, I'm a victim of my own stupidity. I heard all about the virus on the radio yesterday. They were giving out details right down to the size of the messsage. What did I do this morning "Oh, what's this, it's seems bigger than they announced" and I opened it DDDDUUUUUHHHHH! This is the first time this has happened to me, I've learned my lesson.

Don't be hard on yourself, I have hundreds of clients who do this all the time ! :)

I am pretty much one of THOSE computer dumbasses my self....have been lucky to not catch anything since getting on the net...around two years or so.... very lucky indeed...still tryin to figure out how to do things you folks take for granted....like programing a fucking vcr..[ which are obsolete] now I can try my luck at a dvd player...probably let it blick at me just like the vcr:D

My mother-in-law-from-hell bought us a DVD for x-mas this year. People keep asking me if it does this, or I need make sure it has this feature before I do that.......I just put in the disk and hope for the best.

Forum List

Back