All time best Saturday Night Live cast

All time best Saturday Night Live cast?

• Original cast 75-80 (John Belushi,Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase)

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • 80-85 (Eddie Murphy, Joe Piscopo, Julia Louise Dreyfus)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 85-90 (Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Dennis Miller)

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 90-95 (Chris Rock, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 95-00 (Will Ferell, Norm McDonald, Molly Shannon)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 00-05 (Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler)

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Who was the best cast based on their work on SNL as well as later work? Cast based on when they first appeared

Original cast then some individuals from other casts: Eddie Murphy, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Mike Meyers, Molly Shannon, Dennis Miller

The rest sucked.

Who on the original cast was really a breakout star and had a long career?
Chevy Chase had his vacation movies
Bill Murray did very well and is still going strong
Dan Akroyd is just not that good
Belushi and Gilda died young

Eddie Murphy has had the best career.
Mike Meyers hit with Austin Powers, Wayne's World and Shrek franchises
Adam Sandler for some reason, thrives making shitty movies
Will Ferrell has done well in his movies
Jimmy Fallon may end up as most famous

Who was the best cast based on their work on SNL as well as later work? Cast based on when they first appeared

Original cast then some individuals from other casts: Eddie Murphy, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Mike Meyers, Molly Shannon, Dennis Miller

The rest sucked.

A good argument could probably be made for any of them except Joe Piscopo.
Within the bounds of the show itself, I'll stick with my list

The rest sucked.

Sandlers last movie Blended was great. At least 5 times during the movie they had a very touching scene immediately followed by something funny. It was great going from tears of sadness or because something was sweet or cute to tears of laughter.

Eddie Murphy was the best on SNL. He may not be my favorite after leaving the show but he made SNL must see TV.

Original cast (1975-1980): Chevy Chase, John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, Gilda Radner, Jane Curtin, Bill Murray

1980-1985: Eddie Murphy, Joe Piscopo, Julia Louise Dreyfus, Mary Gross, Tim Kazurinsky

1985-1990: Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, John Lovitz, Dennis Miller, Kevin Nealon

1990-1995: Chris Rock, Chris Farley, David Spade, Adam Sandler, Mike Meyers, Julia Sweeney

1995-2000: Will Ferrell, Norm McDonald, Tim Meadows, Molly Shannon, Darrel Hammond, Tracy Morgan

2000-2005: Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Seth Meyers

Saturday Night Live has always been shit.

I pretty much agree with you, but I'm guessing not for the same reasons.

The biggest weakness of SNL, whenever I watched it which was years ago, is that often half the skits in a show were simple not funny, period.

One show a week and they regularly could not come up with enough good comedy to fill the show. Contrast that with the Daily Show doing 4 shows a week and being brilliant comedy 90+% of the time.

Yeah, it's not even close.
Yea, Eddie Murphy was the funniest guy on snl. I'm watching raw right now. So funny. I love the part where bill Cosby calls him to tell him he's too dirty and Richard prior told Eddie to tell bill he can suck his dick.

He's too serious today like all comedians who act they stop being funny. To hanks Jim Carey used to be funny too now they don't do comedy's anymore

Original cast (1975-1980): Chevy Chase, John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, Gilda Radner, Jane Curtin, Bill Murray

1980-1985: Eddie Murphy, Joe Piscopo, Julia Louise Dreyfus, Mary Gross, Tim Kazurinsky

1985-1990: Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, John Lovitz, Dennis Miller, Kevin Nealon

1990-1995: Chris Rock, Chris Farley, David Spade, Adam Sandler, Mike Meyers, Julia Sweeney

1995-2000: Will Ferrell, Norm McDonald, Tim Meadows, Molly Shannon, Darrel Hammond, Tracy Morgan

2000-2005: Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Seth Meyers

I think people forget what an event SNL was every week when Eddie Murphy was on. Maybe it wasnt the best cast but he was a one man show. He was brilliant. I don't think even will Farrell was as good and he was great too. Or people who are too young and didn't see Eddie on SNL don't know what they missed. The closest comparison would be the Dave chappelle show. And ironically eddies brother charlie was a part of.

I don't even like the original cast.
Gumby

Forum List

Back