All three U.S. automakers post a profit

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- All three U.S. automakers are on track to be profitable in 2011 when they report results in the coming weeks. That's something that hasn't happened since 2004.

General Motors (GM, Fortune 500) is expected to post a 26% rise in profits to about $6.1 billion.

Ford's (F, Fortune 500) profit is expected to come in at about $7 billion, up from the $6.6 billion it made in 2010, which was the automaker's best performance since 1999.

And after posting a loss last year Chrysler says it will swing to a profit. The company is in the midst of an amazing turnaround, especially considering that during its darkest days the company seemed doomed to disappear. (The comeback of the American car)

And there's hope for the future because even better profits may lay ahead.

Good times are here again? Analysts are in widespread agreement in forecasting better industrywide sales in 2012 and beyond. They see sales rising from 12.8 million in 2011 to between 13.5 million to 14 million this year and close to 15 million by 2014 or 2015.

"In terms of profitability and outlook, this is the best conditions we've had for the U.S. auto industry in a long, long time," said Jesse Toprak of TrueCar.

Detroit automakers are (finally!) making profits - Jan. 5, 2012

Last edited:
You can hear the 'Conservatives' cursing already. Imagine, those fellows making a profit and hiring Americans. How unpatriotic. They should be laying off, posting losses, so they can make the loony tune rightwingnuts look good.

You can hear the 'Conservatives' cursing already. Imagine, those fellows making a profit and hiring Americans. How unpatriotic. They should be laying off, posting losses, so they can make the loony tune rightwingnuts look good.

This is going to be a very good year economically.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- All three U.S. automakers are on track to be profitable in 2011 when they report results in the coming weeks. That's something that hasn't happened since 2004.

General Motors (GM, Fortune 500) is expected to post a 26% rise in profits to about $6.1 billion.

Ford's (F, Fortune 500) profit is expected to come in at about $7 billion, up from the $6.6 billion it made in 2010, which was the automaker's best performance since 1999.

And after posting a loss last year Chrysler says it will swing to a profit. The company is in the midst of an amazing turnaround, especially considering that during its darkest days the company seemed doomed to disappear. (The comeback of the American car)

Good times are here again? Analysts are in widespread agreement in forecasting better industrywide sales in 2012 and beyond. They see sales rising from 12.8 million in 2011 to between 13.5 million to 14 million this year and close to 15 million by 2014 or 2015.

"In terms of profitability and outlook, this is the best conditions we've had for the U.S. auto industry in a long, long time," said Jesse Toprak of TrueCar.

Thanks to Mr. Obama and Mr. Bush as well. Part of it was from TARP I as I recall

If Obama hadn't saved GM then we'd have never had the displeasure of seeing that shitty new Camaro or even the Corvette. The white trash mobile on steroids coming to a trailer park near you! Thanks a lot Obamhole.

Yeah...let's hear it about that Volt! :eusa_boohoo:

I had stock in Ford in 2010 and then sold it in 2011 after it doubled. I think Ford has a positive future ahead of it, accented by their recovery without a government bailout. That's the sign of a good company. I still wouldn't touch GM or Chrysler.

I had stock in Ford in 2010 and then sold it in 2011 after it doubled. I think Ford has a positive future ahead of it, accented by their recovery without a government bailout. That's the sign of a good company. I still wouldn't touch GM or Chrysler.

What the Controversial Ford Bailout Ad Got Wrong | Swampland | TIME.com

aa-sheeple-watching-fox-news.jpg

Forum List

Back