All those people who are pissed about the new Little Mermaid? Wait till they see the new 007

I'd be OK with a black James Bond, but not a female James Bond.

The James Bond character is an alpha male character. There is just no way to make any depiction of that character as anything other than an alpha male to work.

It is unimaginably stupid to destroy this character, just to fulfill some politically-correct bullsh•t.

If they pursue this, then mark my words, fans of the character will overwhelmingly reject it, and Daniel Craig will long be remembered as the last actor to play James Bond. No true fan of the character, and the franchise, will ever acknowledge a female depiction of the character as being in any way legitimate or genuine.

I'm not pissed. The power's that be that own the Bond franchise can do what ever that want to do; however, I think it will be a big mistake when it comes to $$$ at the box office.

I personally have no problem with a black or female 00 agent, just don't kill off or retire James Bond to do it. If it's not broken don't fix it.

There is already a thread on this by the way.

• Who cares about the new James bond? What's this shit about changing the Little Mermaid?

The female Ghostbusters movie was such a huge hit... I'm sure this will do wonders for the franchise.

Is she at least British?

I do not care who plays Ariel. As long as she can sing. But here's how completely messed up liberals are: the same libs who were all upset about the flap about Ariel also dragged Scarlett Johansen for saying she can play any character she wants. So, Ariel can be black and white people should shut up. But if SJ wants to play a black character--no.

Double, triple and quadruple standards, IOW

The James Bond character is an alpha male character. There is just no way to make any depiction of that character as anything other than an alpha male to work.

It is unimaginably stupid to destroy this character, just to fulfill some politically-correct bullsh•t.

If they pursue this, then mark my words, fans of the character will overwhelmingly reject it, and Daniel Craig will long be remembered as the last actor to play James Bond. No true fan of the character, and the franchise, will ever acknowledge a female depiction of the character as being in any way legitimate or genuine.

Actually she is taking over the 007 number and not James Bond.

Yes, we associate the number with Bond but as he retires the 007 would be assigned to a new agent which in this case is a Black Female agent not named James Bond...

Yes, we associate the number with Bond but as he retires the 007 would be assigned to a new agent which in this case is a Black Female agent not named James Bond...
Retiring James Bond would be a mistake.

Retiring James Bond would be a mistake.

That I agree with because 007 is James Bond and not anyone else but Hollywood believe it is a time for change.

In the end 007 and James Bond seem to be on the path parting ways for this moment but a few years down the road and a failed movie with a 007 not named Bond might reverse their course and society will forgive and forget...

Cripes! Everyone just relax. It’s still gonna be Daniel playing 007 but after years of fighting it he’s finally decided to go public that he identifies as a black female. The makeup will be a little different and maybe some breast enhancement but it’ll still be Bond, licensed to kill!

There has ever only been ONE James Bond, and the rest have been impersonators.
5112f45f63242ee2b575d3fada89cdab.jpg

There aren't many people upset......but the left wing wishes it were so....

Nolte: Media Fabricate 'Racist Outrage' Hoax About Disney's 'Little Mermaid' Casting

Because there’s almost no racism in America, the media have been forced to fabricate national outrage against Disney casting a black actress as Ariel in its live-action remake of The Little Mermaid.
The far-left Hollywood Reporter published this fake news:

While many people praised Halle Bailey’s casting as Ariel in Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of The Little Mermaid, others were not happy that a black actress had been chosen to play the role.

Gizmodo’s The Root spread these lies:

Oh yes, the whites are at it again.

The ink had barely dried on Disney’s announcement that Halle Bailey will star in the title role of The Little Mermaid when meteorologists at the White Weather Channel had to issue a flash flood warning because of a sudden deluge of white tears.

The Viacom-owned BET cooked up this whopper:

While most of Black Twitter has been rejoicing over the incredible news, some bitter fans of the original fairytale movie have taken to the site to attempt to prove why the mythical creature, whose race plays no significance in her story, must be portrayed by a white actress.

And so on, and so forth…

The good news is that like the media telling us the Hispanic George Zimmerman is white and all those hoax hate crimes, including the KKKids from KKKovington High School Hoax, all this fake news does is once again prove just how little racism there is America; how not-racist America truly is.

Because America is so not-racist, these idiots and serial liars have to fabricate racism — the same way they fabricated a “backlash” over Ocasio-Crazy’s college dancing.

America is so not-racist that in an ocean of hundreds of millions of Twitter users, in order to pretend America is racist, in order to announce that “White Twitter” is racist, these lying demagogues were only able to find a handful of nobodies with no follower counts to manufacture this hoax, this faker-than-fake controversy.

Look at the examples these so-called media professionals cite… UNVERIFIED Twitter accounts with almost no followers. In a country of 330 million, that’s all they got — UNVERIFIED anecdotes, an eye dropper of water in an ocean of no racism.

Oh, my, yes… White America despises the idea of black actors and actresses, of non-whites assuming the roles of fictional characters originated by whites.

Just look at our shameful history…

Remember all those rioting rednecks when Demond Wilson and Ron Glass assumed the roles of Felix Unger and Oscar Madison, when two black guys became the New Odd Couple all the way back in 1982?

Yeah, me neither.

Remember all the looting and burning that occurred when Cedric the Entertainer and Mike Epps dared to step into the shoes of Jackie Gleason and Art Carney as The Honeymooners?

Oh, and then all that racial tension that hung over the summer of 1999 when Will Smith became James West in The Wild Wild West. Remember how awful that was?

Yeah, me neither.

But O.M.F.G., Lucy Liu as a Charlie’s Angel!

Naomie Harris as our cherished Moneypenny!!

Denzel Washington is no Frank Sinatra!

You did what to my precious Steel Magnolias!

Not the Wizard of Oz!

Not Annie!

Not About Last Night!

Not the Karate Kid!

Cinderella! Now you’ve gone too far!

Not, not not…

All the way back in 1978, one of the most sacred and precious children’s movies ever created, The Wizard of Oz, was remade with black actors (Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Nipsey Russell, Lena Horne, and Richard Pryor)… and it was not only remade, it was produced by Motown Productions with an R&B, and Soul soundtrack and the only controversy was over the ridiculous idea of having a 34-year-old Diana Ross play a 12-year-old Dorothy.

Forum List

Back