All this over a CARTOON?!!

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/02/05/cartoon.protests/index.html

Muslims denounce caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed

Sunday, February 5, 2006; Posted: 2:32 p.m. EST (19:32 GMT)

(CNN) -- Thousands of protesters packed the streets of Beirut, Lebanon, on Sunday, some clashing with security forces and setting the Danish Consulate on fire in anger over cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed.

The protests soon escalated into fights between Muslims and Christians, and some protesters threw rocks at a Maronite Catholic church, bringing back memories of the civil war that once gripped the capital.

The violence came one day after protesters in neighboring Damascus, Syria, torched the Norwegian Embassy and the Danish Embassy, furious that newspapers in both nations had published images banned under Islamic law. (Watch as protesters battle security forces in Lebanon -- 2:08)

more at link...

And why would it escalate to battles between the Christians and the Muslims, that cartoonist likely was a Secular Humanist...

Alot of this reaction makes no sense to me. I can understand the consulate as the Danish Gov. said, "We can't apologize.." Rather then being smart and saying something like, "The opinions of that paper are not that of the Danish Government and while we support Free Speech.... Blah, blah, blah..."

A bit of doublespeak might have saved them some rebuilding costs...

no1tovote4 said:
And why would it escalate to battles between the Christians and the Muslims, that cartoonist likely was a Secular Humanist...

Alot of this reaction makes no sense to me. I can understand the consulate as the Danish Gov. said, "We can't apologize.." Rather then being smart and saying something like, "The opinions of that paper are not that of the Danish Government and while we support Free Speech.... Blah, blah, blah..."

What's to understand? Another chapter in the intolerance by a radical religion that believes violence is the solution to any difference of opinion saga.

I repeat not...a peaceful religion...it is their way or no way...pure and simple...and they haven't a clue as to the definition of 'tolerance'...study the "Ottoman Empire" it is a clear view as to their direction in world domination by pure and simple fear! I say move ahead with the New Crusades...drop the gloves and get it over once and for all! :usa:

To prove Arch's point:

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=62447

World

Militant groups in Iraq urge attacks over cartoons

Reuters
Posted online: Sunday, February 05, 2006 at 1811 hours IST

Ramadi, Iraq, February 5: Militant groups on Sunday called for attacks on Danish troops in Iraq and people from all countries where cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad have been published.

In an Internet statement, the Islamic Army of Iraq, which has claimed responsibility for killing foreign hostages, urged militants to kidnap Danes and "cut them into as many pieces as the number of newspapers that printed the cartoons".

"The Islamic Army in Iraq also declares that all countries whose newspapers printed the insulting and disgraceful pictures are legitimate targets and our response will be ... tremendous."

In the insurgent stronghold of Ramadi, a group calling itself the military wing of the Army of the Right handed out leaflets during a demonstration, saying it would attack Danish and non-Muslim targets in Iraq.

"We call on all fighters in the resistance to reactivate their military activities and the first target of the upcoming attacks should be Danish troops," said the leaflets, handed out among about 1,000 protesters. Denmark has more than 500 troops in Iraq.

"All people from religions other than Islam must stop their religious rituals in churches and other places of worship because of their assault on Islam and Muslims," it added.

"We demand that all clerics in Arab countries issue fatwas(religious edicts) against foreigners and to shut all embassies."

Uproar over the cartoons, which first appeared in a Danish newspaper and were then reprinted in a number of other European countries, has swept across the Muslim world. One depicted Prophet Mohammad with a turban resembling a bomb.

The Islamic Army in Iraq said: "We also call for targeting companies that deals with these countries and any store that sells Danish and Norwegian products." The statement was published on a Web site often used by Iraqi militant groups.

:banana: I love it, its pissing the Europeans off and awakening them to the dangers of jihadists, fundamentalists.

Let them act like violent, sociopathic children. The whole world is watching, and taking note.

We stand by our Danish and Norwegian allies in their time of trial. Even if our State Dept. doesn't. And as the protests spread to France, Italy, Germany and Britain as they republish cartoons and publish their own, we'll support them too.

I don't remember riots breaking out when The Last Temptation of Christ was released. Maybe there is a difference in the two extreme sides of relgions after all. :rolleyes:

BATMAN said:
I don't remember riots breaking out when The Last Temptation of Christ was released. Maybe there is a difference in the two extreme sides of relgions after all. :rolleyes:

one condones killing---that says it all.

How can Islam denouce characatures of the Prophet when no pictures have ever been allowed under Muslim law...how the hell do they know this is a likeness of the Prophet anyhow...did they have digi-cams in the 7th century? If so they then violated their own law...this is too funny! :bow3:

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L07462990.htm

Turkey detains student over killing of priest
07 Feb 2006 11:32:30 GMT

Source: Reuters

(Adds TV reports of confession, motive, Italian PM)

By Gareth Jones

ANKARA, Feb 7 (Reuters) - Turkish security forces arrested a high school student on Tuesday over the killing of an Italian Catholic priest and Turkish television said the teenager had confessed to a crime which has shocked this Muslim nation.

The student told police he was influenced by cartoons lampooning the Prophet Mohammad, NTV commercial television said. The report could not be immediately confirmed.

The state Anatolian news agency said the student, aged 16, had been carrying a 9 mm pistol when he was captured in the Black Sea city of Trabzon, where Andrea Santoro, 61, was gunned down on Sunday while praying.

The Turkish government has strongly condemned the killing of Santoro, which coincides with increased religious tension worldwide following the publication of cartoons in some European and other newspapers lampooning the Prophet. ...

This whole thing makes me so angry!!! DO these people rioting realise they could be taken out at any time by any military that wanted to? They kill innocent people,children,and babies...all in the name of their religon,and how does the U.S. media respond?!!! They bow down and hold back showing these cartoons out of respect for this same religeon. Maybe some have shown it now,but yesterday they weren't. Is someone afraid they will riot here? Or is it just political correctness at work? I will not have respect for a religeon that justifies the way this one behaves!!!

krisy said:
This whole thing makes me so angry!!! DO these people rioting realise they could be taken out at any time by any military that wanted to? They kill innocent people,children,and babies...all in the name of their religon,and how does the U.S. media respond?!!! They bow down and hold back showing these cartoons out of respect for this same religeon. Maybe some have shown it now,but yesterday they weren't. Is someone afraid they will riot here? Or is it just political correctness at work? I will not have respect for a religeon that justifies the way this one behaves!!!

me too and apparently others!

Islam demands from the West, and often receives, a special status not accorded any other religion in the world. A performance artist who defecates on a picture of Christ or covers a menorah with condoms can not only expect no condemnation, but is likely to receive funding from the National Endowment for the Arts. But someone who so much as dog-ears a page of the Koran can expect the full wrath of the Ummah to descend on him, and will likely have to go underground and live under an assumed name. Just ask Salman Rushdie.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice implicitly accepted the special status of Islam when she said, “Disrespect for the Holy Koran is not now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be tolerated by the United States.” Why? Since the United States tolerates disrespect for the Bible and the Talmud, why is the Koran different?

No wonder the Islamists think they’ve got us whupped.

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2005/05/appeasement-in-our-time.html

no1tovote4 said:

Tell me of anything they do that makes sense to you.

BATMAN said:

You dont??? Oh, how could you have missed it, we all sent in our "letters to the editor"...

krisy said:

Maybe the Americans were in shock that the Euro's actually stood up and showed some balls for once. (sorry ladies, just an expression I will never rid myself of) :)

Forum List

Back