All these Muslims must be in big trouble

Thanks bodocea. But I'd still like to know the age of the real brides. Frankly, any arranged marriage disgusts me.

I don't have a problem with arranged marriages if that is their custom. I do know a number of Muslims. In fact, my sister dated one for many years. When he finally asked her to marry him, she decided against it. Shortly after that, he went to Jordan to marry a woman his parents had chosen for him.

My sister and he remained in contact over the years. As he explained it, his parents chose his wife for him, but they had one month to get to know each other to decide if they thought they could be compatible. Had either decided they did not want to marry, the wedding would have been called off. So many pre-arranged marriages are not exactly as we think of them.

And finding out that this was a hoax is pretty disgusting. Many of us have enough issues with Muslims; we don't need false accusations to further our cause. Things like this just shade the real issues that are ligitimate.

Very nice post.

It amazes me the amount of hate by those on here, hunting down anything they can to dehumanize those who think different than them. The word "fanatic" comes to mind.

Of course if this would have been true it would have spread like wildfire. Since it's a hoax, the hate filled Fred Phelps types of the world use their propaganda to promote more fear and hate against those who aren't like them.

Shame on you jent,and your fanatic followers, for posting/believing these lies.

I would point that right back at you Echo. You don't know for a fact if it's real or not, but you sure are fast to go accusing me of doing what you're doing right now.

I said in the beginning I don't know. I don't have to make stuff up but you are.

The only hate I see is yours.

Emma, why are you showing a wedding of a different date?

All this is fascinating to me and I think it's awesome that people are investigating it so much.

But there is some twisting going on at USMessageboard.

WND did not report that they were not child brides, they quoted someone denying it. Farah is playing it safe because 1. He's a professional 2. He's not about to jump on to anything without knowing the facts.

I agree. I said real early on I don't know. But I think the video LK offered up as the real wedding is completely bogis, you can tell by the lighting, it was overcast at the real one and LKs show direct sunlight and a whole different background.

The first two links that Emma posted aren't working for me, I don't know if the site is down or it's because I'm at my office which filters a lot.

Her third one is interesting, did you see the one from Al-Jazeera??? It spotlights a man that lost his leg and doesn't show him with any "bride" except a very young girl about the age of those in the picture in the OP. And at the end, it zooms in on her face pretty much giving the impression that she is the bride. See for yourself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYmtaXQHEtw]YouTube - Hamas organises mass wedding in Gaza - 2 Aug 09[/ame]

The only "adult brides" I've seen were in LK's video, and that's not the same event. That one was in "shambles" this one has the limo.

And I agree with Chanel, they really sexualized those little girls.

But bottom line, I don't know. I got the email from a friend that seems to think the PhD is legitimate.

I was leaning toward it NOT being real until I saw the end of the al-Jazeera video.

Of course you were leaning...that's why you started this thread.

I don't have a problem with arranged marriages if that is their custom. I do know a number of Muslims. In fact, my sister dated one for many years. When he finally asked her to marry him, she decided against it. Shortly after that, he went to Jordan to marry a woman his parents had chosen for him.

My sister and he remained in contact over the years. As he explained it, his parents chose his wife for him, but they had one month to get to know each other to decide if they thought they could be compatible. Had either decided they did not want to marry, the wedding would have been called off. So many pre-arranged marriages are not exactly as we think of them.

And finding out that this was a hoax is pretty disgusting. Many of us have enough issues with Muslims; we don't need false accusations to further our cause. Things like this just shade the real issues that are ligitimate.

Very nice post.

It amazes me the amount of hate by those on here, hunting down anything they can to dehumanize those who think different than them. The word "fanatic" comes to mind.

Of course if this would have been true it would have spread like wildfire. Since it's a hoax, the hate filled Fred Phelps types of the world use their propaganda to promote more fear and hate against those who aren't like them.

I would point that right back at you Echo. You don't know for a fact if it's real or not, but you sure are fast to go accusing me of doing what you're doing right now.

I said in the beginning I don't know. I don't have to make stuff up but you are.

Where did I say I hate you oh righteous one? :cuckoo:

That you are FULL OF HATE, yes, but I never said I hate you. I think you have serious mental problems, and need to seek professional help jent. This fanatical crusade you are on is not going to cure whatever ails you, it's only going to make you more bitter inside.

If you didn't know if it was real or not when you first posted it, why did you even bother posting it in the first place, until you knew for sure?

:eusa_whistle:

It is not that uncommon for arranged child marriages to occur in the more primitive areas of the muslim world but I've never heard of it occurring in areas considered to be somewhat more civilized (that's very relative). After raising three girls to be women, the thought of this does make me ill, though. I really hope this is someones bad idea of a joke.

O Rly?

Warren_jeffs_052608_FRESH.jpg

What in the hell is THAT!? ^^^^ :eek:

Very nice post.

Where did I say I hate you oh rightious one? :cuckoo:

That you are FULL OF HATE, yes, but I never said I hate you. I think you have serious mental problems, and need to seek professional help jent. This fanatical crusade you are on is not going to cure whatever ails you, it's only going to make you more bitter inside.

If you didn't know if it was real or not when you first posted it, why did you even bother posting it in the first place, until you knew for sure?

C'mon, EZ. We know why.

I have one friend like that. His emails get bounced and I have told him that they are going to the round file.

I'm sure 'innocent until proven guilty' doesn't resonate with you, does it. You just float on with your anti-muslim propaganda. That much is crystal clear.

You need to spray some windex on your mirror the next time you walk by.

Very nice post.

I said the only hate I see is yours, and I do.

I did not say you said you hated me.

Can you see a difference?

Hate is for the abject stupidity and intellectual laziness that permeates your posts.

"These are...men on their wedding night. The women are elsewhere."

Those are Jewish couples.

i was looking for Islamic bridal gowns to see just what would be worns for an Islamic wedding, but the results were so varried it would be hard to say "this gown is an Islamic gown" over just about any other

I said the only hate I see is yours, and I do.

I did not say you said you hated me.

Can you see a difference?

Are you drinking the Windex now toots?

Again, your stupid little tactics don't work on me. As a matter of fact, they don't work on anyone here but the 3 or 4 fanatics that post on here with you.

Get help, seriously. I'm not joking about that. You really do need to it.

"These are...men on their wedding night. The women are elsewhere."

Those are Jewish couples.
yes, i know emma
the point was a Hamas mass wedding, vs an Israeli mass wedding
Neser got the point

Forum List

Back