All the polls and negative posts arent changing any of our minds so whats the point?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I predict one thing.

If the economy is still bad with high UE numbers it won't matter who our nominee is. Obama will lose.

It's really that simple people. The margin may vary depending on who we put up but the end result will be the same.

Romneys money stash in the Caymans or Newts fuckability or Santorums rubber patrol or Pauls naivete.

They all pale in comparison to the man voting because of his bank account or employment status.

In short: IT'S THE ECONOMY STUPID.

Last edited:
  • Banned
And just to pre-empt our two favorite libs..... All your charts don't mean shit to the people on welfare or unemployment lines. Or people who never regained lost savings or those underwater on their homes. Or any other suffering group besides OWS, and their pain is self inflicted.

I predict one thing.

If the economy is still bad with high UE numbers it won't matter who our nominee is. Obama will lose.

It's really that simple people. The margin may vary depending on who we put up but the end result will be the same.

Romneys money stash in the Caymans or Newts fuckability or Santorums rubber patrol or Pauls naivete.

They all pale in comparison to the man voting because of his bank account or employment status.

Care to make it interesting?

• Banned
I predict one thing.

It's already interesting with your every post darlin. The process alone is a blast. Then add your enlightening posts and all I need is a beer and some popcorn.

I predict one thing.

It's already interesting with your every post darlin. The process alone is a blast. Then add your enlightening posts and all I need is a beer and some popcorn.

A friendly bet involving your sig line for 7 weeks after the 2013 election. I'll give you the field v. Obama.

• Banned

A friendly bet involving your sig line for 7 weeks after the 2013 election. I'll give you the field v. Obama.

Kinda difficult as everyone seems to have a different perception of what a stable economy is.

Unemployment above 8.5 and Obama loses?

All the polls and negative posts arent changing any of our minds so whats the point?

Does this mean you're leaving USMB?

Kinda difficult as everyone seems to have a different perception of what a stable economy is.

No no....straight up: If Obama wins, you put in your sig line, the very patriotic phrase, "All Hail President Obama, Your President, My President, Our President." If Obama is not elected president in 2012, I put up the equally patriotic, "All Hail President ________ (the President-elect's name in the blank), Your President, My President, Our President."

In either case, we leave it there until New Year's Day, 2013. If you want to up the ante to changing our avatars I'll listen to that within reason...I'll have to see what you have in mind beforehand though.

Simple bet for sig lines.

What say you?

I predict one thing.

True enough. But the key thing is that it's like the old joke. You don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the other guy.

Obama does not have to have an economy that is better than the one he found in Jan 2009. He just has to have one that is better than the worst point in his own presidency.

And honestly, that was good enough to get Bush-43 and Reagan re-elected as well.

I think the GOP has bigger problems beyond this fight. It's a blue collar party that works against blue collar interests.

But to whom does the economy belong?

You can lash out at Obama in blind, partisan, ignorant anger if you want to, but he’s not the cause of the poor economy and it’s naïve and ridiculous to expect any president to ‘fix’ the economy in just two or three years.

You can lash out at Obama in blind, partisan, ignorant anger if you want to, but he’s not the cause of the poor economy and it’s naïve and ridiculous to expect any president to ‘fix’ the economy in just two or three years.

And you would say the same thing in a decade or 2 if he had that long. This line is getting rather old. We are upset with policies that he has enacted that have, in my opinion and many here that do not like Obama, made the economic recovery worse as well as our future. Repeating that roses are not going to shoot out our nose and we won't start shitting bricks of gold in just three years really does not mean anything. It is an excuse.

Even Obama himself stated he would be a one term president if the economy did not improve. Now he has to double back on that.

I predict one thing.

Not everyone cares only about money, some realize that much is out of the president's control, care about the victims of bad policy, have a memory about how we got in this mess, and who is being uncooperative in the recovery...these people are Democratic voters.

Don't get fooled again into supporting "appeal to the worst instincts, pander to the rich, cronyism, fraud, boom and bust Pubs"...

And you would say the same thing in a decade or 2 if he had that long. This line is getting rather old. We are upset with policies that he has enacted that have, in my opinion and many here that do not like Obama, made the economic recovery worse as well as our future. Repeating that roses are not going to shoot out our nose and we won't start shitting bricks of gold in just three years really does not mean anything. It is an excuse.

Even Obama himself stated he would be a one term president if the economy did not improve. Now he has to double back on that.

Off course the economy has improved. You can say it hasn't improved enough, and Obama has, and I blame "un-American" total PUB uncooperation for much of that- they should not be rewarded.:evil:

At the very-least.....the Teabaggers' collective responses (only) verify what those-of-us (who've always paid-attention to Politics) have always recognized.

You Teabaggers are nothing-more than a herd o' self-centered pricks (much like Newt Gingrich), who's ONLY concern is what you can get out o' this Country, for the least effort. Your assembly/org is nothing-more than a (typical) lynch-mob.....'cause that's your best guarantee/defense of never being questioned, or expected to defend your (excuse for a) political-position, by your fellow Neanderthals.​

"So here we stand. The people who created endless disaster as far as the eye can see are now completely beside themselves in outrage that someone is spending a few dollars to clean up the mess these same folks have made by convincing America to follow their policies over the last thirty years. They want big changes, right now, even though they can’t quite specify what they want – other than changes that won’t hurt them, personally – and even though these changes would do absolutely nothing to solve the current problems facing the country, and would in fact probably *exacerbate those."

* (Teabagger footnote) exacerbate: to make more violent, bitter, or severe.​

Last edited:

No no....straight up: If Obama wins, you put in your sig line, the very patriotic phrase, "All Hail President Obama, Your President, My President, Our President." If Obama is not elected president in 2012, I put up the equally patriotic, "All Hail President ________ (the President-elect's name in the blank), Your President, My President, Our President."

In either case, we leave it there until New Year's Day, 2013. If you want to up the ante to changing our avatars I'll listen to that within reason...I'll have to see what you have in mind beforehand though.

Simple bet for sig lines.

What say you?

Well Grumps? How about it...you seem really confident.

Forum List

Back