All the Poker Chips...

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Now that you've been handed your ass on a cracker, I'm uninteresting. You cared what I had to say when you thought you could spin your way around me. Being cold cocked has soured you some on the RWA. That's understandable.

I'm sorry. Lies and liars anger me. Why don't you be honest and maybe you won't be called a liar.

I don't know any better way to be honest than to say what I think is true. Do you have a better definition to offer.

I am sorry if I offend your conservative sensibilities. But I thought the notion that all minds must think in lock-step with one another was extiguished with the Nazi regime in 1945.

We'll meet again.
--------------------
"In my life, I have prayed but one prayer: 'Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-- Voltaire

Originally posted by montyfowler
I don't know any better way to be honest than to say what I think is true. Do you have a better definition to offer.

I am sorry if I offend your conservative sensibilities. But I thought the notion that all minds must think in lock-step with one another was extiguished with the Nazi regime in 1945.

We'll meet again.
--------------------
"In my life, I have prayed but one prayer: 'Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-- Voltaire

Are you honestly saying Bush never offered any other reasons?

Are you honestly saying that you're a conservative?

Are you honestly saying Bush never offered any other reasons?

Are you honestly saying that you're a conservative?

Of course the president offered other reasons, a whole smorgasbord. But the central, primary, over-arching reason was the imminent threat of WMD in the hands of the Iraqi regime. That's why Powell went to the UN and did the show-and-tell with the satellite photos, and intercepted communications transcripts, etc.

Why can't you see that being wrong about the WMD is a big deal? The administration does not seem to be afraid of it, so why are you?

Shouldn't we focus on fixing our broken intelligence services and stop playing the blame game? By accepting responsibility the president is doing his job, not admitting wrong-doing or lying. And as a party, we should stop this mindless game of pointing out that the dems voted overwhelmingly to support the war. They are not the ones who gave the order to invade Iraq. That rests with POTUS alone -- as it should be.

And yes...I have been a registered Conservative for 20 years. I know who I am, do you, Herr rtwngAvngr?

Of course the president offered other reasons, a whole smorgasbord. But the central, primary, over-arching reason was the imminent threat of WMD in the hands of the Iraqi regime. That's why Powell went to the UN and did the show-and-tell with the satellite photos, and intercepted communications transcripts, etc.

Why can't you see that being wrong about the WMD is a big deal? The administration does not seem to be afraid of it, so why are you?

Shouldn't we focus on fixing our broken intelligence services and stop playing the blame game? By accepting responsibility the president is doing his job, not admitting wrong-doing or lying. And as a party, we should stop this mindless game of pointing out that the dems voted overwhelmingly to support the war. They are not the ones who gave the order to invade Iraq. That rests with POTUS alone -- as it should be.

And yes...I have been a registered Conservative for 20 years. I know who I am, do you, Herr rtwngAvngr?

I'm not afraid of it. I admit faulty intel, not lies. And as there were other reasons given, as you admitted, I don't see why your panties are in a tousle. No one cares about this besides politically motivated libs. All world leaders agreed Saddam was a threat. We were all wrong, possibly.

and you can take you Herr comment and shove it straight up your slimy slew. There's really no need to be such a jerk. And you're still lying about being a conservative, I see.

Monty, that's three times now you have used the word "imminent." I would ask you to read over all the numerous threads dealing with that particular word before you use it again, in the context you have.

Further, the Bush Administration isn't willing to admit they haven't found WMD because they haven't stopped looking yet. Bush has commented on the failings of the intelligence community and I believe he intends to take measures to fix it. He will not admit to a mistake before he's absolutely sure he's made one, and I believe that is an indication of his stubborness and his integrity.

I'm not afraid of it. I admit faulty intel, not lies. And as there were other reasons given, as you admitted, I don't see why your panties are in a tousle. No one cares about this besides politically motivated libs. All world leaders agreed Saddam was a threat. We were all wrong, possibly.

and you can take you Herr comment and shove it straight up your slimy slew. There's really no need to be such a jerk. And you're still lying about being a conservative, I see.

Seems I've touched a nerve...

Seems I've touched a nerve...

Yes. Implying people are nazis, like all liberals love to do, has that effect. Are you really suprised?

Anyway...I had higher hopes for this message board. I'll continue to check it out for a few more days and see if you and your uninteresting, offish diatribes are the norm or the exception.

Monty, first off, welcome to the board.

Secondly, no one user is indicative of the norm of the board. We have many members here with different viewpoints and we all have different ways of expressing ourselves. Some users are a little more harsh than others, some post as if they are doing so from outer space. rtwngAvngr isn't afraid to tell it like it is and I think he likes a little verbal jousting to go along with it. I think it's all in good fun most of the time. Occasionally things will get out of hand and we will step in to keep it from getting out of control. You will get bashed sometimes for your point of view, we all do.

Check out the rest of the board. There are lots of good people here and great debates and conversations. I hope you'll decide to stick around.

But we cannot ignore that the premise for the war was wrong. Yes, enforcing UN resolution would have been enough to justify war. Yes, Saddam's willful disregard for the will of the international community to disclose the state of his WMD programs was enough reason to go to war. Yes, the fact that he was a horrible tyrrant who committed genocide on his own people was enough reason to go to war. But none of these reasons were the PRIMARY motive for war

These reasons were a primary reason to go to war. However when we brought these reasons before the congress and the world communtie they did what they had ben doing for the last 11 years, shrugging it off and putting it away till the man finally did something. These inactions lead the Bush administrtion to come up with the one resounding reason for all countries to feel thier national secruity was at threat. Despite the WMD's these countries were still threatened but they have and always will refuse to act. We went to war to remove a regional threat who had the ability to project(through actual warfare or sales to terrorists)war on the US and the word communite. Now pre 9-11 this guy had a pass becaue we knew he was crazy and we figured eventually he would sucum to a populist movement and be overthrown. However because of 9-11 we had a wake up call. The US could no longer refuse the fact that rouge regimes, although a world away, could and do pose a great threat to the US and the world. Because no other country lost 3,000 citizens in one morning none of the Other countries(France, Germany, Russia)saw a reason to act. We, however, saw that to not act was much more dangerous than non-action. That is why we went to war. The WMD's were a very small part, and the only reason why you heard so much about them was because it was a driving issue that all could get behind 100%. All the other issues I've raised above any sane person could get behind too. But the world is not a sane place so we used WMD's. The UN would not act to enforce it's inspections, Bush decided, and rightfully so, that Saddam was to comply or face the consiquences. The man refused the threat and we had no choice.
Look I've heard a really good quote from dennis miller
"America's got a long ass fuse. But people have to realize that at the end of that fuse is a big fucking bomb."
We gave the guy chance after chance and finally the only option was to invade.
Also I don't think your to conservative ther other wise you would have done a little more reasearch on the issue and come to these conclusions your self. Most on this board have come to these conclusions, some are still endoctorened into the left and could nevver apprecaite the history of this action. The only people who attack the pres. and the administration on WMD's are people on the left. you might wasnt to reavaluate your core beliefs. or mabey you're just confussed on this issue.

despite it all welcom to the board, a conservative is still a freind, even if you lean to left.:D

:laugh:

Welcome to the board, Monty. Your thinking man's conservativism will be a welcome addition. should you choose to stick around.

Originally posted by Bry
:laugh:

Welcome to the board, Monty. Your thinking man's conservativism will be a welcome addition. should you choose to stick around.

Too bad he's a liberal liar.

Originally posted by kcmcdonald
Were in complete agreament Avngr. This guys as much conservative as i am liberal. :laugh:

:beer:

Here's to the transparency of montyfowler!

Forum List

Back