All the people I had on ignore

Always felt ignore was kinda immature. Why be on a discussion site for the sharing and exposure to ideas if you're gonna ignore the people you don't agree with? If someone goes from simply disagreeing to full-out annoying, just don't read their stuff. But going the extra step to ignore, or telling them you're not ignoring them is very childish, "You're now being ignored." That's like bonking them one last time as yo go ha-ha! That's immaturity.

A discussion that is filled with lies, half truths, uninformed opinions, and trolling isnt worth having that's why some people are better off ignored.
Yep. Some people's opinions I care to read and others I just really don't ( both positive and negative). Same online as in real life. If I can't stand ya... I just don't give a shit. :)

Exactly. Who cares about an opinion that is based on lies? And who especially cares about the opinion of a person who has demonstrated that no matter what the facts show they will not change their opinion.

Yep. Some people's opinions I care to read and others I just really don't ( both positive and negative). Same online as in real life. If I can't stand ya... I just don't give a shit. :)

Some people with whom I disagree, are good opportunities to enlighten others about where I stand on an issue. Others are annoying to the point that I am beyond even attempting to engage them.

Constantly slapping like-minded posters on the back and expecting it in return is actually kind of pathetic.

Always felt ignore was kinda immature. Why be on a discussion site for the sharing and exposure to ideas if you're gonna ignore the people you don't agree with? If someone goes from simply disagreeing to full-out annoying, just don't read their stuff. But going the extra step to ignore, or telling them you're not ignoring them is very childish, "You're now being ignored." That's like bonking them one last time as yo go ha-ha! That's immaturity.

You're assuming the reason for Ignore. It's certainly not mine.

Nobody who disagrees with me to any degree is on the IL as long as they can make a point constructively. IL isn't for those with disagreed content; it's for those with no content. IOW the ones who do nothing but waste one's time. At least that's the way I use it.

Nobody who disagrees with me to any degree is on the IL as long as they can make a point constructively. IL isn't for those with disagreed content; it's for those with no content. IOW the ones who do nothing but waste one's time. At least that's the way I use it.

Yepp.

Yes, and to me a waste of time is someone who won't even concede facts. Now someone will come along and say "but just because YOU think something is a fact doesn't mean someone else sees it that way " LOL

Forum List

Back