All The News Anti-Israel Posters Will Not Read Or Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The Arab population, despite the strenuous efforts of Jews to acquire land in Palestine, at present remains in possession of approximately 85 percent of the land.”

An Arab renting from an absentee landlord, or squatting on the land, didn't suddenly own the
land once the Ottoman Empire was defeated.
The land that we have bought (for the colony of Ghederal constitutes the "soul and spirit" (nefesh vi ruah)
of the [Arab] village [of Qatra]. The villagers borrowed from the French moneylender Polivar at such a
high rate that they were finally compelled to sell their lands at the loanshark's price. As long as Polivar
remained owner of the land, the fel laheen did not feel the full burden of their misfortune because he leased
it to them. But now that the fellaheen realize that our [Jewish] brothers work the land on their own, and will
not lease it ... the fellaheen are bare-how will they come by their daily bread? [15 November 1885, Muyal
to Pinsker, in Druyanov 1919,1:670-71]
The Ottoman fiscal and land reforms (of the second phase of tanzimat), which first took
effect in Palestine around 1870, soon resulted in the peasantry losing title to much of the land
they cultivated (Schumacher 1889; Post 1891). But life conditions hardly deteriorated: improved
physical security and opportunities provided by the emerging agricultural market more than
offset the cost of paying rent to absentee titleholders (Scholch 1984; Gilbar 1986; cf. Oliphant
1887). Then came the Jewish colonists. Exchanging meager savings for precious deeds in Zion,
they had left behind the alienating commerce of pogrom-ridden Eastern Europe to work the land
of Abraham and Isaac for themselves: "that is why, all of a sudden, many fellaheen had no land
to till; this affected their very existence and provoked the conflicts [at Petah Tikvah] that set our
(Arab] brothers against us" (4 April 1886, Hirsch to Pinsker, in Druyanov 1919,1:746-54, 761-
65). Many of these early colonists were genuinely surprised to find the children of Abraham's
half-forgotten son, Ishmael, still dwelling on their father's land. A few saw the Arabs as long-lost
brothers. Others dreamed the Arabs could be forced back to their desert banishment. The Arab
peasants, it appears, were similarly disconcerted.
This "article " you keep posting sees Jews as NOT the indigenous people of the land.

Guess where this article belongs.

Toxic field with the rest of the Arab Muslim trash they keep inventing.

Jews ARE the indigenous people of the land.

Arabs are the invaders.
I am Jewish. I went to Israel. I walked into a small store in Bethlehem. What if I had taken out a gun, shot the shopkeeper, took cash from the register and shouted: "my people owned this land 2000 years ago"

Well, you wouldn't need to resort to these ridiculous anecdotes,
if what you claimed had any factual basis in reality, would you?

Because in fact, not a single Zionist ever shot a single bullet,
before Arabs expelled the local Jews from all their holy cities.

Report from Safed about the Arab massacres of 1834

Despite their best efforts, by the end of the Mandate, the Jewish settlers had managed to acquire only about 7 percent of the land in Palestine

Which was about 7% more than the Arab squatters owned.
Squatters live on and farm the land for decades?

If they registered the land, they'd owe taxes. Silly squatters.
How much were the taxes?

Too much for Arabs.
Kahanists have also shot, stabbed, and thrown grenades at Palestinians in Jerusalem and the West Bank. In cases where Kach and Kahane Chai have not themselves claimed responsibility for anti-Arab attacks, Kahane and his followers have declined to condemn such violence and have often glorified
More like Jihadi degenerates attack each other and then blame it on Jews...

regular practice among the bastard cowards:

So no backup from u

Exactly, I found no back up for the claim that 85% of the land was owned by Arabs.
It depends on whose system you use. The ottomans used a land rights system. The land may be owned by one person but the rights belonged to the people. The owner collected rent and paid the taxes.

The rights to the land could be bought, sold, or even inherited, but they could not be taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back