All The News Anti-Israel Posters Will Not Read Or Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puppets-of-Jews-on-display-at-the-Aalst-Crnaval-in-Belgium-on-March-3-2019.-Courtesy-of-FJO-1024x569.jpg

A carnival float in Belgium, depicting a caricature of two Orthodox Jews sitting atop money bags.

In a recent article on The Top Four Reasons Why Rep. Ilhan Omar Is Wrong About AIPAC, Israel and the Palestinians, CAMERA notes that historically, US support for Israel was actually minimal before 1970 -- despite the combined alleged influence of the Jewish vote, Jewish political contributions, and the activities of the pro-Israel lobby. After all, just 3 years earlier, in 1967, Israel's main source of weapons was not the US; it was the British and the French. Yet after 1970, US support for Israel began to grow rapidly.

The turning point was President Richard Nixon -- and Arafat.

As Alex Safian puts it in the article:
The US president in 1970 was Richard Nixon, a Republican who knew very well that overwhelmingly Democratic and left-leaning American Jews had already voted against him in large numbers and would do so again in 1972. What happened in 1970 that convinced Nixon, the arch practitioner of realpolitik, to press for increased support for Israel?Safian quotes the late Harvard professor, Nadav Safran, who in his book "Israel: The Embattled Ally," notes that the turning point in US/Israel relations was not any kind of Jewish influence. That influence was consistent and yet had failed to improve US-Israel relations. Instead, the turning point was the crisis of Black September, when Arafat's Palestine Liberation Organization, with the assistance of invading Syrian tanks, attempted to overthrow and assassinate Jordan’s King Hussein, who was an ally of the US. If successful, they would have posed a threat to western oil supplies.

According to Safran, when the Syrian army captured Irbid, a city in northern Jordan which contained a junction of roads linking Jordan, Syria, Iraq and Israel -- King Hussein appealed for American and British help. The British refused and advised the US to do the same. Other European allies also advised against helping. Nixon had Kissinger work out a plan for a joint American-Israeli intervention. Kissinger and Israeli Ambassador Rabin put together a plan for a combined Israeli air strike and armored assault on the Syrian forces in conjunction with an American airborne descent on Amman airport. If necessary, Israeli armored columns would advance in a pincer movement from the Golan and the Jordan Valley and cut off the Syrian intervention forces and destroy them.

Because of the American and Israeli support, King Hussein was able to commit all his forces to fighting Arafat's forces. The Syrians, on the other hand, wary of that support, and of a flanking attack by columns of Israeli tank columns, withdrew -- saving Jordan, and making direct Israeli intervention unnecessary.

(full article online)

How Yasir Arafat helped make the US the ally of Israel it is today (Daled Amos) ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

The home is located near the Herod’s Gate entrance to the Old City. Shortly after the families moved in, dozens of Arabs surrounded the house and attempted to break in hurling rocks at the home and rioting. Israeli police forces arrested several Arab rioters.

An Israeli source told TPS that the Palestinian Authority has attempted to present documents allegedly showing that the house was not purchased legally.

According to the source, a lawyer working for the PA was questioned by the Israeli police last week after he filed a complaint regarding the purchase of the house, during which he presented the false documents. He was questioned on suspicion he presented falsified documents.

The source said it was possible that Aqel may have been forced to sign one of the documents while in PA custody and under the threat of further torture.

(full article online)

2 Israeli Families Attacked After Entering New Home in Old City of Jerusalem

Under the banner: 'Do you oppose the Disengagement? Then cancel it!' the families called on the leaders of the Likud, New Right, Yisrael Beiteinu, Jewish Home, and National Union parties to add the cancellation of the Disengagement Law to their party platforms ahead of the upcoming elections.

A bill was proposed during the previous Knesset to restore freedom of movement for Israelis in northern Samaria, where Israelis were expelled from their home. Unlike in Gaza, where the communities of Gush Katif were turned over to the Palestinian Authority after the residents were expelled, the destroyed communities of Samaria remain under full Israeli control.

The families stated: "Unfortunately, today, too, when there is unanimity among most of the public regarding the mistake and injustice of carrying out the expulsion, and when it is clear to the entire national camp that there will be no more withdrawals and the handing over of the homeland to those who want to harm us, the Disengagement remains in force. Under the auspices of the Disengagement Law, the northern Samaria area, located in the heart of the country, is still defined as an area forbidden in which the movement and entrance to Jews is forbidden."

(full article online)

'Let the Jews back!'

Actually, I think what is happening on the Temple Mount gives us a very good indication of what a one state solution would look like: laws in place which require equal treatment for all but a maintained status quo of Muslim dominance with an undercurrent of threat of violence should that status quo be disturbed paired with a rejection, replacement, destruction, usurping and erasure of Jewish history and culture.

Edited to add: by "one state solution", I mean here a one state solution where Jewish history and culture was not specifically protected and where Arab Muslim dominance exists.

Actually, I think what is happening on the Temple Mount gives us a very good indication of what a one state solution would look like: laws in place which require equal treatment for all but a maintained status quo of Muslim dominance with an undercurrent of threat of violence should that status quo be disturbed paired with a rejection, replacement, destruction, usurping and erasure of Jewish history and culture.

Edited to add: by "one state solution", I mean here a one state solution where Jewish history and culture was not specifically protected and where Arab Muslim dominance exists.
I believe we had exactly that between 1948 and 1967.

It seemed interesting to me that Israel would host a museum for the culture of one of our most implacable enemies.

Unfortunately, the museum was underwhelming. It has two exhibit areas, but the downstairs one had nothing to do with Philistines - it was more a collection of collections of random items like keychains, lighters, matches and other stuff.

The main level had a basic history and some artifacts from real Philistines.

That was about it, not really worth the price of admission.
But it is still is interesting that Israelis, rather than try to erase the culture of their enemies, are trying to preserve it.

(full article and photos online)

Museum of Philistine Culture (Ashdod) ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

There is of course a long history of Arab and Muslim antisemitism, Not nearly as bad as in Europe but not trivial, either, with blood libels, pogroms and rampant discrimination. "Jews are descended from apes and pigs" is hardly a Catholic church doctrine.

Assidon, ironically with the first name of Sion (Zion), is Jewish by an accident of birth but it is enough for him to make headlines "as a Jew" and to act as an apologist for Arab antisemitism, blaming it all on Europe - as if Arabs deciding to hate Jews is somehow less disgusting because part of it comes from the influence of Christian antisemitism.

(full article online)

Morocco's "As-A-Jew" ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

I went to the Jumeriah American School. . . . I had fantastic teachers and a wonderful education. But that education went only so far. Our geography textbooks were missing a country. Open to the world map, and there’d be black sharpie marker covering over the word “Israel,” which was sometimes hidden under the word “Palestine” glued into the book. The Israeli flag was redacted by censors. Encyclopedias, almanacs, history books, etc. had passages about Israel taken out. Sometimes the pages were redacted. Sometimes the pages were just torn out. . . .

I went to school with kids from China, Sweden, Canada, Sri Lanka, Lebanon, and elsewhere, but there were no Jewish kids in school. I learned about the Holocaust in high school back in the United States. That was not a topic we studied in Dubai. . . . There are a lot of Americans who do not think anti-Semitism is a big problem. They have not lived in a part of the world that blots Israel off the map. . . .

Many of us stand with Israel because Israel is a democracy among autocracies and a positive influence surrounded by a breeding ground of terrorists. Many of us stand with Israel because we understand both history and those who would bastardize it yet again to persecute Jews. All of us should be troubled by members of Congress cheering on anti-Semitism and others excusing it. We should all be troubled by white nationalists echoing them. This country has a growing problem with anti-Semitism and we need to confront it and denounce it.

(full article online)

What an American Christian Learned about Anti-Semitism from Growing Up in Dubai

Certain parts of the Amida have a lot more meaning when praying at that spot!

I'm not saying anything new that isn't already known. I posted a video of people praying only a few weeks ago from that same spot, published on an Arab site.

By the way, those stones visible in the lower picture are debris from previous building activities by Muslims on the site, and if one has time to spend (which the guards don't let one have) you can see that some are clearly parts of columns that were carved - possibly from the Second Temple itself.

(full article and photos online )

Yesterday I "stormed Al Aqsa" and "performed Talmudic rituals" ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back