All the fire in hell is too little punishment for what we do...

$gods-creatures.jpg

You are drawing conclusions from a fictional movie that doesn't give you the full scope or the experience to make a judgment on something that is normal and everyday to most of us here. I'm sure animals feel fear and pain, and it doesn't make me feel guilty. I've been hunting for many years and have yet to be turned away from it. I do chest shots on bucks and head shots on antler-less deer. I was inspired to do head shots at a young age, after almost losing one that ran a hundred yards or so without leaving a drop of blood. It has nothing to do with a humane kill as much as it is about convenience for myself. If you hunt hard it's natural to revel in the kill, hell the endorphins are pumping hard enough to make your head explode when you drop one. Hunting for me is about supplementing my food supply, it cost me roughly about $1.00/deer.
Besides hunting, I use wood to heat my home, raise cattle, gather fruit, nuts, and mushrooms, and I occasionally garden to help get my family and myself by. It's a lifestyle for those of us who murder animals for food and we're comfortable with it, just like your way is a lifestyle that is comfortable to you. By the way I am not christian so I don't think I'll be burning in hell.

José;1716848 said:
Originally posted by Ringel05
So what you are saying is you are seriously into anthropomorphism.

Ringel,

I didn't reply to your first post because I just couldn't believe you were speaking seriously and now I'm shocked to realize you were.

Do you realy think higher anymals like dogs, cats and pigs are not sentient beings?

In other words, do you really think mamals don't have the ability to experience pleasure and pain?

This statement borders on total insanity, buddy.

Dogs, cats and pigs all have been known to kill for fun, btw.

José;1731563 said:
And Powder's "explosion" at the end is not meaningless by any stretch of the imagination.

He got so disillusioned with all the primitivism and brutality of human society that he decided to withdraw from it and become one with the universe in accordance with Einstein's idea that matter and energy are one and the same thing, matter being nothing but frozen energy.

What can we say about a movie like this, people?

The English language lacks enough complimentary adjectives do describe Powder.

What I say is this...isn't it wonderful that we have become such efficient killing machines that we don't have to devote any time to hunting out own food. The fact that we don't means we have lots of time to sit around and think up stupid shit.

José;1721173 said:
Originally posted by Barb
Ok, so full disclosure: Are you a carnivore? Do you eat meat? Do you eat VEAL?

Originally posted by Skull Pilot
so you're a vegan?

I managed to eliminate meat from my menu from Monday to Saturday evening. And I prefer to cook my own "special" veg food during the weekends.

But every now and then I feel a dire urge to order chinese or pizza on Saturday nights. But I always feel so bad that sometimes I end up throwing nearly half the food away.

Before you post a message calling me a hypocrite (and I am indeed to a certain extent) stop for a moment and think about this:

It's dishonesty to try to invalidate my argument just because I haven't managed to become a full vegetarian yet.

As a lifelong meat eater and hunter, I find the fact that you waste the meat by throwing it away an extreme sign of disrespect for the animals that were killed for your meal.

How hypocritical!

Forum List

Back