All the fire in hell is too little punishment for what we do...

José

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
to the other sentient beings that share the planet with us.

I dare you to watch this video.

One has to be made of steel to hold off the tears.

[youtube]-Uz80zTMO40[/youtube]​

Originally posted by KittenKoder
Jose ... this is a good topic, thanks for being human this morning.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video, kitten : )

I forgot to include some basic info about this wonderful, life-chanching flick:

Powder (film)

Powder is a 1995 film directed by Victor Salva, about a boy, nicknamed "Powder", with incredible intellect, telepathy, and paranormal powers. It stars Sean Patrick Flanery in the title role, with Jeff Goldblum, Mary Steenburgen, Bradford Tatum, Lance Henriksen, and Brandon Smith in supporting roles.

The film questions the limits of the human mind and body while also displaying their capacity for cruelty, and the hope that humanity will advance to a state of better understanding.

Powder (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but dude its deer season..don't be such a kill joy..grab yer self a bow and get yourself some good organic meat...do it with respect and reverence... and it is spiritual its how we lived thousands of years

Your use of the word sentient in this application is subjective and controversial at best.
While I can't view the clip on this computer subsequent posters (and yourself) have indicated it's from the movie Powder. The scene you are referring to was specifically set up by the director as a back drop showing his vision of good versus evil. Painting the hunters in that specific light provides the contrast between the protagonist and the antagonists. It's cinematic manipulation that has little basis in reality, i.e. science fiction.

Originally posted by eots
do it with respect and reverence...

Sure...

Nothing beats the fascinating experience of being shot and killed with respect and reverence...

It gives your dying moments a whole new meaning no matter how agonizing your death may be.

People,

What kind of callous, cold hearted person don't empathise with a creature that didn't do any harm to anybody having their internal organs shattered by an act of violence and meeting death with excrutiating pain and suffering like the deer portrayed in the movie?

Or better yet:

How can any sane person consider this paroxysm of gratuitous brutality their idea of fun?

What kind of monster are you all?

José;1713732 said:
do it with respect and reverence...

Sure...

Nothing beats the fascinating experience of being shot and killed with respect and reverence...

It gives your dying moments a whole new meaning no matter how agonizing your death may be.

it is called nature..and we are supposed to be a part of it..I have infinitely more respect for a person that slays a beast with respect and eyes wide open than some hypocrite that hides from the reality and purchases meat raised in unnatural conditions and with a death without reverence but sheds tears over Bambi meeting his destiny

José;1713734 said:
People,

What kind of callous, cold hearted person don't empathise with a creature that didn't do any harm to anybody having their internal organs shattered by an act of violence and meeting death with excrutiating pain and suffering like the deer portrayed in the movie?

Or better yet:

How can any sane person consider this paroxysm of gratuitous brutality their idea of fun?

it is not about....fun

José;1713734 said:
People,

Or better yet:

Sounds like what was done to Jesus Christ.

José;1708658 said:
to the other sentient beings that share the planet with us.I dare you to watch this video. One has to be made of steel to hold off the tears.
It would probably help if you explained the clip and it's reasons you posted it. I've never seen this movie but it looks like just another anti gun diatribe.

No tears were shed, I guess that makes me inhuman?

FYI: IMDB.com states the director is a convicted child molester. Tell us, should that have any effect on our opinions about the movie?

imdb.com/title/tt0114168/

Last edited:
I have infinitely more respect for a person that slays a beast with respect and eyes wide open...

Of course you do.

There's nothing like being on the safe side of a gun to inspire "respect" for brutalities committed against others.

"You do the dying I'll do the talking"... Talk about being a hypocrite.

Originally posted by AV8R
FYI: IMDB.com states the director is a convicted child molester. Tell us, should that have any effect on our opinions about the movie?

No more than the effect the real nature of the relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene should have on our opinions about the Sermon on the Mount.

Salva's sex life is as relevant to the message of his flick as Jesus' to his moral teachings.

José;1714049 said:
Originally posted by AV8R

No more than the effect the real nature of the relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene should have on our opinions about the Sermon on the Mount.

Salva's sex life is as relevant to the message of his flick as Jesus' to his moral teachings.

Jesus ate meat..

José;1714043 said:
I have infinitely more respect for a person that slays a beast with respect and eyes wide open...

Of course you do.

There's nothing like being on the safe side of a gun to inspire "respect" for brutalities committed against others.

"You do the dying I'll do the talking"... Talk about being a hypocrite.

you have no clue..anymore than your sick limp wristed director who no doubt felt picked on like poor little powder because he was so special when in fact it was because he was indeed a freak...there is a beauty and harmony in nature .. the hunt..the gather..the harvest you are clearly detached from

Last edited:
Ok then buddy...

Human beings differ from most other biological entities for their ability to feel empathy for strangers and even members of other species. But individually considered, humans clearly have varying degrees of empathy raging from almost total indiference to strong commiseration.

My opposition to hunting is a way of feeling much more than a way of thinking. That's why the clip I chose transmits an emotional message rather than a rational one.

Inasmuch as we cannot share directly our emotional states through language this debate is a big waste of time and has already run its course.

Last edited:
José;1713734 said:
People,

Or better yet:

So what you are saying is you are seriously into anthropomorphism.

Originally posted by Ringel05

Ringel,

I didn't reply to your first post because I just couldn't believe you were speaking seriously and now I'm shocked to realize you were.

Do you realy think higher anymals like dogs, cats and pigs are not sentient beings?

In other words, do you really think mamals don't have the ability to experience pleasure and pain?

This statement borders on total insanity, buddy.

José;1716848 said:
Originally posted by Ringel05

Ringel,

I didn't reply to your first post because I just couldn't believe you were speaking seriously and now I'm shocked to realize you were.

Do you realy think higher anymals like dogs, cats and pigs are not sentient beings?

In other words, do you really think mamals don't have the ability to experience pleasure and pain?

This statement borders on total insanity, buddy.

The first was a rational response based on fact, figured that was the reason you ignored it. The second was a rational assessment based on fact from reading your subsequent posts. This one is a rational response based on your response to me - Get professional help.

Forum List

Back