All taxes should go up!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQu2SVFF-cU]U Didn't Build That by MC 'Bama - YouTube[/ame]

We do need to double the tax rate... on cap gains and income over a mil.

We do need to cut spending... military spending.

America needs to realize that nothing is for free. Our deficit is over a trillion dollars and congress/the President have no plan to reduce it anytime soon.

We need to pay the piper. If the American people are unwilling to accept the fact that the government has NO responsibility (nor do they have the means) to provide for our retirement, our food, our housing, our jobs, our education, our medical care, etc....then we need to pony up and pay for it.
Nothing is free....so until Americans feel the pain of taxes to pay for these programs, nothing will change.

Using simple math...all taxes should double. And what ever is left over should pay off the debt.

Thoughts
they need to double your taxes and cut spending on bullshit scams .

U Didn't Build That by MC 'Bama - YouTube

And the typical progressive response...

Unequal treatment, because that unequal treatment of others benefits you... and only cut that which you hate while promoting wealth redistribution by government

Hows that unequal treatment?
Progressive tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Your income that falls into the first tax bracket is taxed the same as mine, your income that falls into the second bracket is taxed the same as mine, all the way up. Well except that social security tax stops dead at 100k. And when the rich are able to arbitrarily take their salary as cap gains instead of income in order to weasel into a much lower rate. Or use convoluted shell games to park wealth overshore tax free, need I go on?

You guys don't get it. Only about 30% of the population pay any attention to politics....they have no clue what is going on nor do they care, and politicians know this.
The population is sweet-talked every couple of years to vote for candidates that will "fight for women's rights" or "the poor", etc. they buy it and vote them in. In turn they spend money on pet projects to get their voters to vote for them again...and it works.

The day is coming that everything will come crashing down...the longer we put it off the worst it will be.[/QUOTE]

That's funny. I was listening to an interview with Warren Buffet yesterday. He believes that the amount of debt we have in the government has to be viewed againt the size of the economy and that it is not crazy out of line. He did say that to further increase the deficit was a mistake.

One thing for sure, the sequestration idea, that the cuts would hurt so bad that reason would prevail, didn't work.

It is apparent that both dems and rethugs know that cutting government spending will result in a decrease in jobs in some sector of the economy. And no one wants to cut those jobs. My congressman (who I don't vote for) is a rethug fighting tooth and nail to keep proposed cuts from happeing at a local air base. I thought rethugs said government doesn't create jobs. So why should those job losses matter? It's a good thing, right?

Buddy of mine is retired Air Force. Wants the government to cut EVERYTHING 10% that they spend money on.......... except.......you guessed it.......military retirements.

And what's with calling Social Security Retirement program an "entitlement". Like you don't have to do anything to get the benefit. Like have SSI money taken from your paychecks for years.

Yea I guess I am entitled to get my money back at a later time. That's why it was put there. But it isn't "free to me" money.

America needs to realize that nothing is for free. Our deficit is over a trillion dollars and congress/the President have no plan to reduce it anytime soon.

We need to pay the piper. If the American people are unwilling to accept the fact that the government has NO responsibility (nor do they have the means) to provide for our retirement, our food, our housing, our jobs, our education, our medical care, etc....then we need to pony up and pay for it.
Nothing is free....so until Americans feel the pain of taxes to pay for these programs, nothing will change.

Using simple math...all taxes should double. And what ever is left over should pay off the debt.

Thoughts

[yoda]Very deep, the economic illiteracy in this thread is. Yeesssssss.[/yoda]

2u7opi0.jpg

Buddy of mine is retired Air Force. Wants the government to cut EVERYTHING 10% that they spend money on.......... except.......you guessed it.......military retirements.

And what's with calling Social Security Retirement program an "entitlement". Like you don't have to do anything to get the benefit. Like have SSI money taken from your paychecks for years.

Yea I guess I am entitled to get my money back at a later time. That's why it was put there. But it isn't "free to me" money.

SS.... It is an entitlement because some can and do take from it that did not contribute... it is a scam because it is forced participation... and it is not funded by the funds from the past lockboxed for your future.. it has been raped and is not only partially funded from the current tax used to allegedly fund it, and the rest coming from general fund spending

And could military retirement pensions be cut?? Yep... So could other governmental wages and pensions then... but I don't see congress and the other parts of the leviathan cutting their employment benefits

Better to cut everything and in addition, gut the parts of government spending the government was never empowered to do

U Didn't Build That by MC 'Bama - YouTube

Unequal treatment, because that unequal treatment of others benefits you... and only cut that which you hate while promoting wealth redistribution by government

Your income that falls into the first tax bracket is taxed the same as mine, your income that falls into the second bracket is taxed the same as mine, all the way up. Well except that social security tax stops dead at 100k. And when the rich are able to arbitrarily take their salary as cap gains instead of income in order to weasel into a much lower rate. Or use convoluted shell games to park wealth overshore tax free, need I go on?

A progressive tax by DEFINITION is unequal treatment.. it is not equal treatment of every dollar by every citizen... it is subjective in nature in an attempt to pander to those who the government needs to be pandered to in order to receive votes...

You see... a sales tax is equal treatment.. there is not an exception because you make $20K or a penalty because you earn $20M.... it does not matter if you spend $20 or $2000.... it is equal across the board, blind to situation...

A true flat tax without floor, ceiling, deduction, exemption, or exception, is equal in that way too.... you may hear you progressives screaming 'not fair', but fairness is subjective

The ONLY way all taxes should go up is if it is equally for all citizens... Not only raising taxes on SOME and some bullshit subjective level

But the funny thing is... if THAT happens, I somehow think you will suddenly get drastic spending cuts so that taxes can be reduced....

Exactly..

Thoughts
they need to double your taxes and cut spending on bullshit scams .

I agree.....but we been saying that for years. It's not going to happen until the people feel it in their pockets.

You guys don't get it. Only about 30% of the population pay any attention to politics....they have no clue what is going on nor do they care, and politicians know this.
The population is sweet-talked every couple of years to vote for candidates that will "fight for women's rights" or "the poor", etc. they buy it and vote them in. In turn they spend money on pet projects to get their voters to vote for them again...and it works.

The day is coming that everything will come crashing down...the longer we put it off the worst it will be.[/QUOTE]

That's funny. I was listening to an interview with Warren Buffet yesterday. He believes that the amount of debt we have in the government has to be viewed againt the size of the economy and that it is not crazy out of line. He did say that to further increase the deficit was a mistake.

One thing for sure, the sequestration idea, that the cuts would hurt so bad that reason would prevail, didn't work.

It is apparent that both dems and rethugs know that cutting government spending will result in a decrease in jobs in some sector of the economy. And no one wants to cut those jobs. My congressman (who I don't vote for) is a rethug fighting tooth and nail to keep proposed cuts from happeing at a local air base. I thought rethugs said government doesn't create jobs. So why should those job losses matter? It's a good thing, right?

Jobs like teachers.....Do you really think that if we laid off all the teachers that there would not be a free market solution created to take it's place? Thus, teachers being hired back.
If we shut down Fannie and Freddie...do you think there will be no replacement?

Sure there will need to be a transition period, and I would never recommend cutting thing off but rather phasing them out.

But that will never happen until the public starts understanding there is no free lunch.

A progressive tax by DEFINITION is unequal treatment.. it is not equal treatment of every dollar by every citizen... it is subjective in nature in an attempt to pander to those who the government needs to be pandered to in order to receive votes...

You see... a sales tax is equal treatment.. there is not an exception because you make $20K or a penalty because you earn $20M.... it does not matter if you spend $20 or $2000.... it is equal across the board, blind to situation...

A true flat tax without floor, ceiling, deduction, exemption, or exception, is equal in that way too.... you may hear you progressives screaming 'not fair', but fairness is subjective

Nope. A guy who drives on public roads to get to work is a significantly different animal than the guy that moves hundreds of millions of dollars in goods by trucks every day. A guy that received a public education is a significantly different animal than a guy that needs thousands of people to have that level of competence. So you know whats fair? A fee based service, you pay for what you need. And you know what? It would completely crush business, you would never get off the ground on your own. You know what this is called? Patronage, look it up. You want a skilled laborer? You raise them from birth. You want to use my road? PAY ME. Oh, you want to know how to read? Too bad, I dont need to lift a finger to help you, you couldnt even buy it if you had the money, which you dont. You turds are spoiled rotten; all entitlements, no obligations with you lot.

Forum List

Back