All sniping aside.....Haiti

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I really think it would make a good wager how long it is going to take for the US to become the villain in Haiti.

I mean, think about it. It happens pretty much everywhere we send aid.

You know, we don't get there quick enough or with enough of this or that, OR we were the actual cause.

I remember watching an enraged Sri Lankan claim that we actually CAUSED the tsunami with our underground nuclear testing of the 1950s. So when, what day, and hour will be become the villain in Haiti?

I really think it would make a good wager how long it is going to take for the US to become the villain in Haiti.

I mean, think about it. It happens pretty much everywhere we send aid.

You know, we don't get there quick enough or with enough of this or that, OR we were the actual cause.

I remember watching an enraged Sri Lankan claim that we actually CAUSED the tsunami with our underground nuclear testing of the 1950s. So when, what day, and hour will be become the villain in Haiti?

Well, at least we'll have the support of the administration...

or not.

'Two weeks after making her disdain for the nation clear during a campaign speech for her husband in Wisconsin, Michelle further debased America by saying that we're a country that is "just downright mean." '

Read more: Michelle Obama: America is ‘Just Downright Mean’ | NewsBusters.org

Taiwan to build Haiti power grid...
cool.gif

Taiwan to build Haiti power grid

Thu, Aug 02, 2018 - FORMAT: The project is to be financed via an official development assistance loan, using a Taiwanese bank, with a Taiwanese firm serving as contractor
Taiwan and Haiti are expected to sign an agreement by the end of this year for the construction of a power grid in Port-au-Prince to alleviate the Caribbean nation’s energy supply problems, a high-level government official said. It would be Taiwan’s first official development assistance (ODA) loan to a diplomatic ally, the official said on condition of anonymity. The project, which would reportedly cost NT$4.5 billion (US$146.98 million), is one of the initiatives being discussed by a bilateral high-level task force that was established to draft new terms of cooperation in accordance with a consensus reached between President Tsai Ing-wen and Haitian President Jovenel Moise during his visit to Taiwan in May.

The project includes the construction and renovation of substations and transmission towers, as well as the provision of maintenance training to local personnel, the official said. “The project is to be executed in the form of an ODA, under which a Taiwanese bank would provide a commercial loan to the Haitian government and the project would be contracted to a Taiwanese construction firm,” the official said, adding that the project is expected to take at least two years to complete, based on reconnaissance trips.

Both sides are keen to finalize negotiations on the project as soon as possible, as improving Haiti’s power supply was one of Moise’s key campaign promises, the official said. Amid China’s growing efforts to poach Taiwan’s diplomatic allies — luring four in the past two years — the official said that the government is hoping to demonstrate to the leaders of its allies that “we are as good as our word” by quickly starting work on the project. The government has warned its allies against Beijing’s pledges of large sums of monetary aid, which it said do not always materialize.

It is considering facilitating trade through a public-private partnership model to better consolidate its relations with diplomatic allies, rather than simply encouraging local businesses to invest in the nation’s allies, the official said. “Our existing cooperative schemes with our diplomatic allies are mostly designed to improve the well-being of their people, but we are now also seeking to strengthen our trade relations by bringing the public and private sectors together,” the official said, adding that targeted sectors might include the industrial, agricultural and infrastructure sectors.

Taiwan to build Haiti power grid - Taipei Times

Just wonder how much Bill and his wife pilfered?

You would think being the largest contributor to the economic stability and geographically closer than Taiwan... Yea but what do I know... Just more money for the Clinton Foundation...

Americans texted tens of millions of dollars in donations and governments gave billions, but five years after an earthquake left corpses and rubble piled across Haiti, 85,000 people still live in crude displacement camps and many more in deplorable conditions.

What Does Haiti Have to Show for $13 Billion in Earthquake Aid?

Walt, I'll just bet you a dollar to a donut that nobody else cares about the crap that is being laid down in Haiti... After all we have strippers, pimp/Lawyer, spys and Russia Russia Russia...

Forum List

Back