All Righty Then, Who is Putting up their Christmas Tree Today?

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I am!

And decorating the house. My daughter's been talking about this all week, it's our special tradition on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

It's on the agenda, although I am not looking forward to it. I'm the one that ends up finishing when everyone else has to leave for some other social activity later on.

Who's got time for trees when there's so much shopiiiiiiiiing that needs to be done!
gay.gif

We have the tree up, decorations, lights, stockings, etc.

Now it's time for :booze:

I am!

And decorating the house. My daughter's been talking about this all week, it's our special tradition on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Pre-Christmas has us setting up for Halloween, that comes down and we set up for fall.

We're big on tradition around my house.

We always use a live tree so we have a limited amount of time. We figure about 3 weeks. So the tree will go up around the 10th of Dec. The family goes out with our trusty saw, after allot of walking and deliberating we finally select a tree. Cut it down, carry to the truck, tie it down and go out for the tradition pre-Christmas dinner.
That night, the Christmas music is played and we sing carols, drink some wine, and put ornaments on the tree and decorate the house. Then we watch a collection of Christmas cartoons. Then my wife reads my daughters selected Christmas stories. The next day, I put up the Christmas lights and outside decorations.

Then tradition has it all coming down new years eve.

Last edited:
But what about the chiiiiiiildren and carbon emissions?

Well, at least that's my excuse for not putting any up and I'm sticking with it. Image, ya know.

Outside lights went up yesterday, inside stuff today. All is done at our house, now its a matter of cleaning up the broken ornaments when the cat gets into the tree, and replace burned out bulbs.

White lights today: Candles in the windows and on the three out front. Pointsettas in the house.

There will be no tree until mid-December as I don't want a firehazard on Christmas day.

We will have two trees:

one approx 6-7 feet decorated with colored lights and will be located in the living room. These lights will be the only colored lights allowed on my property at Christmas - all other lights are white.

The other tree will be shorter and placed on a table in our bedroom right near the front windows. It will be decorated with white lights and ornaments which are gold, silver, white, or clear glass. No colored ornaments will be on this tree.

There will be no tinsel and there will be no flashing lights.

Those are the rules of Christmas decorating in the Xotoxi household.

I am offended by this thread! The correct term is Holiday Tree! :evil:

The correct term is Christmas Tree.

I'm putting mine up this weekend.

Hope the cat doesn't tear it down.

Dogbert can put up a Holiday tree and put gifts wrapped with recycled paper [toilet paper preferably] all of them intended to keep his carbon-footprint to a minimum. I saw an Obama Chia-pet in the store I think you would love.

Hopefully nobody will be offended by the sight of your tree and mistake it for a Christmas tree..... so he'll have to make sure it is correctly labled to not have anything to do with Christ our Lord so that nobody will throw their bad looks at him will driving or walking by his home.

No!

Not yet, too soon, the calendar still says November.

Christmas movies and music is now allowed. Decorations won't go up till December. Outside stuff first, inside stuff last. I won't turn the lights on till the 2nd week of December or so. There are people in my neighborhood who put their decorations up right after Halloween. Uh, no.

Tree is now fake due to allergies and asthma. That'll go up two weeks (probably 2 1/2 wks) before Christmas.

Tomorrow the porch is getting cleaned (it never got done due to waiting for hubs to finally finish replacing the damn railing. Took forever) and the bush lights will probably go on, but not turned on, on Sunday . . . .just because the weather will be nice.

The correct term is Christmas Tree.

I'm putting mine up this weekend.

Hope the cat doesn't tear it down.

Dogbert can put up a Holiday tree and put gifts wrapped with recycled paper [toilet paper preferably] all of them intended to keep his carbon-footprint to a minimum. I saw an Obama Chia-pet in the store I think you would love.

Hopefully nobody will be offended by the sight of your tree and mistake it for a Christmas tree..... so he'll have to make sure it is correctly labled to not have anything to do with Christ our Lord so that nobody will throw their bad looks at him will driving or walking by his home.

Whoosh.

Gotta be sure to be ready for this year.

JW, I'm sure you will enjoy this time of the year as it involves much heavy drinking. Salud!

So, has anyone else already gotten ready for Festivus?

Forum List

Back