All Ready America! Let's Turn Health Care Over

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I mean the competency is apparent:

Comedy Of Errors: Cameras Didn't Work At Newark - wcbstv.com

Comedy Of Errors: Cameras Didn't Work At Newark
Sources Tell CBS 2 That TSA Surveillance Cameras Were Inoperable At Time Of Terminal C Security Breach
TSA Apparently Didn't Know Number For Continental To Get Other Footage
CBS News Interactive: Eye On Air Safety
NEWARK (CBS) ―
Click to enlarge
1 of 1
Thousands of people found themselves bunched together inside Newark Liberty International Airport after a security breach prompted the closing of a terminal for several hours Jan. 3, 2010.

It's a tale of shocking ineptitude: CBS 2 has learned a series of missteps unnecessarily added to the mayhem at Newark Liberty International Airport on Sunday. The six-hour delay stranded thousands of people, creating extreme crowding and chaos.

The mistakes made at the airport give new meaning to the term "domino effect." It was a cascading series of missteps that cry out for action.

The sign at the Transportation Security Administration screening post at Newark read: "Premises Under Constant Video Surveillance."

What is should add is: "If We're Lucky."

That's because CBS 2 has learned that when an unidentified man breached a secure area at Newark on Sunday night, delaying thousands of passengers for hours, the TSA cameras weren't working.

That's right – they weren't even recording, sources said, and needed a reboot, which the agency apparently didn't ask for. That set off a chain reaction of even more missteps that caused needless chaos and inconvenience for several thousand hapless passengers. ...

$darth-vader.jpg

I find the lack of logic in the connection to Health Care Disturbing.

The connection is clear.

The same bungling bureaucratic mindset can't find one dude who went in through the out lane, in an allegedly "secure" area at an airport, is supposedly now the route to lower costs and raised efficiency in the realm of medical services?

I don't think so.

The connection is clear.

The same bungling bureaucratic mindset can't find one dude who went in through the out lane, in an allegedly "secure" area at an airport, is supposedly now the route to lower costs and raised efficiency in the realm of medical services?

I don't think so.

So you're going to judge an entire concept off one incident. As opposed to every other day of the year outside specific incidents such as these where it works? :eusa_eh:

I don't see the point in judging an entire system or group off one incident/person. Especially when that incident/person could be specifically selected to point out the flaw of the incident/person.

Example: The political group you are apart of has several racists. If we are to use the same logic, then the entire group is racist where it's clearly not.

The same people who fail at one job, we are going to give them another twice as hard as well as the one they are already failing at.

They fail at regulating banks.

They fail at airport security

and soon they will fail at health care.

I wish we could put the people who think this is a good idea into a separate system. They want to earn Darwin awards, by all means, let them. But I don't want them taking me with them.

The same people who fail at one job, we are going to give them another twice as hard as well as the one they are already failing at.

I wish we could put the people who think this is a good idea into a separate system. They want to earn Darwin awards, by all means, let them. But I don't want them taking me with them.

The banks won't allow themselves to be regulated properly. It's not through lack of trying.

How have they failed at airport security? In both the Richard Reid and recent cases onboard aircraft, it was the failure of third-party (non-US) staff, not the TSA.

Is health care brilliant at the moment? For everyone?

Fail at regulating banks? Tough to regulate people who don't want to be regulated and pay off politicians to prevent that from happening.

Fail at Airport Security? How many people have died due to the security at a U.S. Airport since 9/11? I'll be waiting for the answer.

One of the complaints about why french care is so bad (Who report to the contrary) is that the government is so cheeseparing all the time on things like wages and overtime.

Do you want healthcare to suffer the same thing you just mentioned with bank regulation? Government needs to balance the budget, so we cut the number of nurses in half?

Health care has already failed.

Family sues insurer who denied teen transplant - Health care- msnbc.com

Family sues insurer who denied teen transplant
17-year-old girl died hours after Cigna finally agreed to pay for new liver

I work with a guy who got a liver transplant 5 years ago. It's hardly "experimental". Worse, there are reports an official "flipped off" the mother of the girl who died.

Insurance companies are "death panels" that stand between patients and doctors. Why is this a good thing?

Very worst of all. Republicans supported the inclusion of a "public option" into the new Iraqi Constitution. The same constitution that makes "Islam" the national religion and says all legislation is based on Islam. Does this sound anything like democracy?

Republicans lie about Iraq. They lie about health care. They just lie over and over again.

Forum List

Back