All powerful BUT limited Federal Government

Here ya go. Why Treaties are what they are, wh the Government can pay for them and why they become supreme law of the land like all other laws adopted by Congress.

Article VI - Debts, Supremacy, Oaths

All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Unfortunately, the constitution is now almost completely irrelevant. Most of our supposed constitutional rights are only there in paper and aren't followed by law enforcement and the justice system.

Unfortunately, the constitution is now almost completely irrelevant. Most of our supposed constitutional rights are only there in paper and aren't followed by law enforcement and the justice system.

It depends. We all have hard choices to make. What are you addicted to, what can you live without. Be careful about your obligations, what you agree to, who and what you owe. Living life on our own terms is what you make it.

To get a constitution a lot of compromises had to be done. But they included provisons to change the constitution because they recognized a changing world. What the founders wanted was a constitution that would grow with the country not one that was made in stone. That is what we have today, a constitution that has evolved and yes absorbed several areas that some states view as their own. But the founders creation has worked and evolved and survived through these few centuries. The states have an avenue to get those rights back and that is a constituional convention. None have tried it yet, why?

Why a constitutional convention....what happened to the amendment process?

I much prefer the Amendment process, too many of us not knowing right from wrong, justice and fair play would be the first casualties, if everything was turned on it's head at once. The Kool-Aid dispensers would have a field day.

I'm watching this commercial for a two dollar bill, valued at $30 dollars, and selling for $10, and I'm wondering how cool it would be to watching this 25 years ago stoned out of my mind. It would have been a great Saturday Night Live Skit. I mean Fuck, are we that stupid? Don't answer. Spare me. ;)

Forum List

Back