All polls show Reid still up on Angle

I can't believe people are excited Harry Reid might win re-election. I realize how awful his contender is, but anyone celebrating Reid's re-election is a stupid fucking idiot. Period.

For a year being touted as all-important there are too many of these races where both candidates just plain suck. No matter who wins there's no victory here, we just might get Tweedledum instead of Tweedledee. A new Leader will be selected who has the same loyalties as the old one, Party First. Doesn't matter which Party. That means money and special interests to run the machine. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Nothing will change in DC until we shake up not the people who take up space in the seats, but the parties and power brokers who give them their marching orders.

Correction: It is YOUR summation of what they believe. Without evidence of statements to that effect you are merely spewing ignorance and bigotry. Try again.

Angle will win. When the race is this close it comes down to who shows up on election day. Angle's supporters are much more fired up voting for her than Reid's are voting for him or against her. Her supporters will show up, Reid's won't. QED, Sen Angle.

Yeah, when posting one's opinion on a message board or stating it in conversation, it's generally assumed by all parties to be an opinion.

Unless presented as a factual claim, all statements are of opinion. For most people, this goes without saying. Do you preface or conclude all non-certifiably-factual statements with "In my opinion..." and "...but that's just my opinion"?

The evidence here suggests you don't. Since that my opinion is "ignorance and bigotry" is merely your opinion. But given that I'm an adult and understand how conversation works and people informally communicate, I recognized it as such without you needing to make it explicit. Only if you'd said "It's a fact that you are spewing ignorance and bigotry" would you be wrong, instead we just disagree.

Reid is a spineless whore without principles, Angle is an ignorant backwards religious zealot. They both royally suck as representatives. That's my opinion. Yours may be that Angle is just dandy, but I'm not sure what you think you're proving by redundantly proclaiming an opinion is "just an opinion." So it is, so is yours. What's your point?

My point is that if you want to make Angle a caricature that conforms to your stereotype you pretty much lose all credibility. You can have opinions that are uninformed and plain stupid. That doesn't make them valid opinions. It makes them uninformed and stupid. I can have an opinion that Obama is a muslim and was born in Kenya but that doesn't make it so.

I notice you don't take umbrage with my characterization (caricaturization) of Reid. Perhaps that's because you oppose him. The formation of my opinion of both candidates is based equally on a comprehensive analysis of their stated positions and actions in political office. Both were simplified into single sentence negative descriptions based on what the totality of their agendas reflect (to me... if you require that qualifier). Angle supports boilerplate religious-based social conservative policies on a wide range of issues that are in direct contravention of the Constitution and has made that quite clear. She also wants to demolish many of the primary functions of the federal government, except where they infringe on personal freedoms where she wants it expanded. She wants to set the nation back a few decades based on her religious fundamentalism. You may support the same policies, but it's not an uninformed conclusion. I agree with your Obama analogy being an example of an ignorant and invalid opinion but that's because it's not based on any accurate facts and is in fact disproven by accurate facts, whereas my opinion of Angle is based on her numerous direct statements addressing her political stances. The evidence is there. That we reach a different conclusion based on our different interpretations, ideologies, and approaches to the issue doesn't make one uninformed, it just means we don't agree. And the fact that both are merely opinions, based presumably on the same set of facts, doesn't invalidate either since we're not claiming our conclusions are incontrovertible fact or anything but what we think.

Last edited:
You illiterate wonder, I didn't say he was winning big. I said the Tea Baggers took a sure win for the GOP and turned it into a toss up. Try reading for a change...

In the end all that matters is who wins, whether it's by 20,000 votes or 200.

Last edited:
I can't believe people are excited Harry Reid might win re-election. I realize how awful his contender is, but anyone celebrating Reid's re-election is a stupid fucking idiot. Period.

You answered your own question. Thank the Tea Party for that.

Can't win 'em all...

I'd rather thank the Tea Party for ousting Castle, Crist, Murkowski and Specturd...

I also thank them for the future gridlock... Friggin' Sweet!

Looks like the Tea Party has been quite successfull in both getting rid of squishy R's and unemploying a shitload of democratics...

Can I get an "Amen", fat boy?

:lol:

Yeah, when posting one's opinion on a message board or stating it in conversation, it's generally assumed by all parties to be an opinion.

Unless presented as a factual claim, all statements are of opinion. For most people, this goes without saying. Do you preface or conclude all non-certifiably-factual statements with "In my opinion..." and "...but that's just my opinion"?

The evidence here suggests you don't. Since that my opinion is "ignorance and bigotry" is merely your opinion. But given that I'm an adult and understand how conversation works and people informally communicate, I recognized it as such without you needing to make it explicit. Only if you'd said "It's a fact that you are spewing ignorance and bigotry" would you be wrong, instead we just disagree.

Reid is a spineless whore without principles, Angle is an ignorant backwards religious zealot. They both royally suck as representatives. That's my opinion. Yours may be that Angle is just dandy, but I'm not sure what you think you're proving by redundantly proclaiming an opinion is "just an opinion." So it is, so is yours. What's your point?

My point is that if you want to make Angle a caricature that conforms to your stereotype you pretty much lose all credibility. You can have opinions that are uninformed and plain stupid. That doesn't make them valid opinions. It makes them uninformed and stupid. I can have an opinion that Obama is a muslim and was born in Kenya but that doesn't make it so.

I notice you don't take umbrage with my characterization (caricaturization) of Reid. Perhaps that's because you oppose him. The formation of my opinion of both candidates is based equally on a comprehensive analysis of their stated positions and actions in political office. Both were simplified into single sentence negative descriptions based on what the totality of their agendas reflect (to me... if you require that qualifier). Angle supports boilerplate religious-based social conservative policies on a wide range of issues that are in direct contravention of the Constitution and has made that quite clear. She also wants to demolish many of the primary functions of the federal government, except where they infringe on personal freedoms where she wants it expanded. She wants to set the nation back a few decades based on her religious fundamentalism. You may support the same policies, but it's not an uninformed conclusion. I agree with your Obama analogy being an example of an ignorant and invalid opinion but that's because it's not based on any accurate facts and is in fact disproven by accurate facts, whereas my opinion of Angle is based on her numerous direct statements addressing her political stances. The evidence is there. That we reach a different conclusion based on our different interpretations, ideologies, and approaches to the issue doesn't make one uninformed, it just means we don't agree. And the fact that both are merely opinions, based presumably on the same set of facts, doesn't invalidate either since we're not claiming our conclusions are incontrovertible fact or anything but what we think.

I'm no friend of Reid but the same thing holds true. Reid is an A rated person by the NRA btw.
Without actual evidence your opinions are simply uninformed and biased.

Reid is a relic it's time for that ol' cogger to retire to the cornfield.

I'm no friend of Reid but the same thing holds true. Reid is an A rated person by the NRA btw.

But your only reason for the assertion they're "uninformed and biased" is because you disagree with them. I said they're based directly on her policy statements and positions which can be found in her public speeches and on her website (Sharron Angle for U.S. Senate | Official Site) among many others direct sources. The information isn't biased, it's right from her mouth. I've followed Reid's career pretty closely for many years now (what does the NRA have to do with anything? Where did that come from? He's well-known as pro-gun and anti-abortion) and have been following Angle since she got in the race. I know where they stand. I have ample evidence straight from the their mouths and in Reid's case from his actions and votes in office over the past 20 years to support my conclusions. You have nothing to support your conclusion that my opinion is "uninformed and biased" except that you don't like the opinions I've come to hold of them after considering all the available relevant information. That means we disagree because we have very, very different political ideologies, approaches, and stances (which should be obvious by now), it doesn't mean I'm "uninformed and biased" because I think Angle is a wacko zealot for the same reasons you dig her.

You're basically discounting that two people can look at the same set of facts and come away with a different opinion about them because the people hold a variety of differing views generally.

Last edited:

But your only reason for the assertion they're "uninformed and biased" is because you disagree with them. I said they're based directly on her policy statements and positions which can be found in her public speeches and on her website (Sharron Angle for U.S. Senate | Official Site) among many others direct sources. The information isn't biased, it's right from her mouth. I've followed Reid's career pretty closely for many years now (what does the NRA have to do with anything? Where did that come from? He's well-known as pro-gun and anti-abortion) and have been following Angle since she got in the race. I know where they stand. I have ample evidence straight from the their mouths and in Reid's case from his actions and votes in office over the past 20 years to support my conclusions. You have nothing to support your conclusion that my opinion is "uninformed and biased" except that you don't like the opinions I've come to hold of them after considering all the available relevant information. That means we disagree because we have very, very different political ideologies, approaches, and stances (which should be obvious by now), it doesn't mean I'm "uninformed and biased" because I think Angle is a wacko zealot for the same reasons you dig her.

You're basically discounting that two people can look at the same set of facts and come away with a different opinion about them because the people hold a variety of differing views generally.

Post evidence to back up your opinion and we can talk. Otherwise it's just hot air.

If I were living in Nevada....I would ask myself is Reid was part of the problem or part of the solution? I would vote for Angle, now the next election that came up, I would go through the same process again.

You answered your own question. Thank the Tea Party for that.

Can't win 'em all...

I'd rather thank the Tea Party for ousting Castle, Crist, Murkowski and Specturd...

I also thank them for the future gridlock... Friggin' Sweet!

Looks like the Tea Party has been quite successfull in both getting rid of squishy R's and unemploying a shitload of democratics...

Can I get an "Amen", fat boy?

:lol:

AMEN!

(Unless you wanted it from some other alleged fat boy.)

Post evidence to back up your opinion and we can talk. Otherwise it's just hot air.

I don't really need to. I'm not in an argument with anyone or having a debate (except with you over your baseless claim that my opinion is "ignorant and biased" because you support Angle and her policies and I think she and they are batshit insane), but sure, summaries of her positions from her website I linked to earlier Sharron Angle for U.S. Senate | Official Site and her wikipedia page Sharron Angle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Economic Development and Government Regulation

The fastest way to get the economy moving again is to cut spending, pay back the national debt, and make permanent the Bush Tax Cuts which are due to expire in just a few months. Steps like these would go a long way toward giving the business community the confidence they need to start creating jobs and hiring again.

United Nations

Angle believes in United States withdrawal from the United Nations, saying it is a bastion of liberal ideology and "the umpire on fraudulent science such as global warming."[54]

Social policy

Angle supports the Federal Marriage Amendment to ban same-sex marriage.[53] She believes that single-income households are the best way to raise a family.[55] Angle is pro-life and opposes abortion, including in cases of rape or incest.[56] In a June 2010 radio interview, broadcast statewide in Nevada, Angle stated that she had counseled young girls in "very at risk, difficult pregnancies" to consider other alternatives, by which they had been able to make "a lemon situation into lemonade".[57][58]

Health care/abortion

Angle favors the privatization of Medicare.[59] She voted against fluoridating drinking water.[60][61]

Angle opposes abortion, even in cases of rape and incest, saying that it is against God's 'Plan".[62] In 1999, the Associated Press reported that Angle had proposed a bill that "would have required doctors to inform women seeking abortions about a controversial theory linking an increased risk of breast cancer with abortion".[63] She said she was pro-life and would like to see Nevada's abortion law overturned. When she introduced the legislation again in 2001, the Las Vegas Review-Journal wrote that critics responded by saying the alleged link was not supported by scientific evidence, calling the bill a "scare tactic".[64]

Social Security

Angle has said that the Social Security system should be "transitioned out".[65] She has spoken favorably of the program in Chile, where current beneficiaries of the public retirement system were allowed to continue but all others were compelled to pay into a private system instead.[66]
Financial reform

Angle favors a comprehensive audit of the Federal Reserve, eliminating the complete Internal Revenue Service code and abolishing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.[67]

Drugs

Angle has stated that she opposes legalizing marijuana and has stated that she feels the same about alcohol.[68]

Global warming

Angle does not believe in anthropogenic or man-made global warming.[54] "I'm a clean-air proponent," she stated. "I don't, however, buy into the whole man-caused global warming, man-caused climate change mantra of the left. I believe that there's not sound science to back that up."[54]

Energy policy

As a long-term policy, Angle believes America must expand its own domestic energy supplies. She would legislate to repeal regulations that prohibit offshore drilling, drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and development of American-owned petroleum resources. In the Nevada State Legislature, she led efforts to reduce Nevada's high gas tax, which was the second highest in the nation. She would also have supported the three coal-fired plants in Ely.[53]

After President Barack Obama secured agreement by BP to commit $20 billion to compensate victims of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, Angle denounced the arrangement, calling it a "slush fund".[70] When she was criticized for her comment, however, she retracted the term "slush fund" and said that BP should pay for the consequences of the spill.[71]

Second Amendment and rights to form a militia

Angle is quoted as saying: "What is a little bit disconcerting and concerning is the inability for sporting goods stores to keep ammunition in stock ... That tells me the nation is arming. What are they arming for if it isn't that they are so distrustful of their government? They're afraid they'll have to fight for their liberty in more Second Amendment kinds of ways?" and "That's why I look at this as almost an imperative. If we don't win at the ballot box, what will be the next step?"[72]

She also wants to abolish the Department of Education and let each state decide what they teach their students without any federal minimum standards.

So she's cuckoo for cocoa puffs, her hardline stances on abortion no matter what the case and civil rights for homosexuals are a result of her religious zealotry, her stance on global warming, fluoridated water, and the UN are basically crackpot conspiracy theories, she thinks making the Bush Tax Cuts will help the economy, and she tacitly suggests if the Tea Party isn't popular enough to win in elections, they may or should take up arms against the state.

There's also this wonderful recent statement:

Mesquite Local News

One of the last questioners asked about "Muslims taking over the U.S.," including a question about Angle's stance on the proposed mosque near Ground Zero in New York.

"We're talking about a militant terrorist situation, which I believe isn't a widespread thing, but it is enough that we need to address, and we have been addressing it," Angle said.

"Dearborn, Michigan, and Frankford, Texas are on American soil, and under Constitutional law. Not Sharia law. And I don't know how that happened in the United States. It seems to me there is something fundamentally wrong with allowing a foreign system of law to even take hold in any municipality or government situation in our United States."

Suggesting... holy shit... that Dearborn, Michigan and Frankford, Texas are apparently "under Sharia law" because they have significant Muslim populations. I mean, there's something very seriously wrong with her brain and the warped belief system it produces if she thinks a couple of decent-sized American cities are "under Sharia law." That's so divorced from reality it's ridiculous.

As for the conclusion that she thinks the Bible is real Constitution:

Sharron Angle's take on separation of church and state - Sunday, July 18, 2010 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

A Southern Baptist active in her church, Angle’s religious convictions have informed many of her positions throughout her years in politics. She believes abortion is a violation of God’s will and should be banned in all cases. She argued for the religious freedom of private and home schools. And she has said that public policy should support the “traditional” family structure as described in the Bible, in which one parent stays home with the children while the other works.

Indeed, although many Americans view the separation of church and state as one of the keys to the nation’s success as a multicultural society, Angle believes that religion has an expansive role to play in government. And, she has repeatedly said anyone who opposes that based on the claim of separation of church and state misunderstands the Constitution’s ban on “establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”

Angle addressed the issue during her legislative career and this campaign, claiming in interviews and legislative testimony that the separation of church and state is an unconstitutional doctrine.

“Thomas Jefferson was addressing a church and telling them a wall of separation had been put up precisely to protect the church from being taken over by a state religion,” Angle said last month in an interview on “Face to Face With Jon Ralston.” “That’s what they meant. They didn’t mean we couldn’t bring our values to the political forum.”

In legislative testimony on a school-choice bill in 1995, she said it was “un-American” to exclude private religious schools from government funding and that the separation of church and state is an “unconstitutional doctrine.”

In 1992, Angle helped resurrect the Constitution Party’s Nevada affiliate, the Independent American Party, of which she was a member until 1997.

The Independent American Party’s bylaws declare that Americans established “a government of law, under God, rooted in biblical law, which controlled and regulated government.”

She wants to do away with social services, bleed money to the rich, drill in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge, create a separate system of laws for gay citizens, have every family be a nuclear single-breadwinner tribe, ban rape and incest abortions, withdraw from the UN, abolish the IRS, Medicare, and Social Security, thinks manmade global warming is an unproven conspiracy, and thinks the separation of church and state is unconstitutional. She'd fit right in pushing a shopping cart full of cats outside a Wal Mart at 3 am ranting about Jesus's return. She's proudly ignorant and as I said, a religious zealot.

Now you may agree with her on points 1-100, but I wasn't arguing with you about whether or not you should like her. But you can't claim the evidence isn't there and straight from her mouth and thinking those positions and statements are batshit crazy isn't "ignorant and biased," it's a conclusion drawn based on an evaluation of her positions and comments individually then taken as a whole.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2010 - Nevada Senate - Angle vs. Reid

The Tea Party took a sure win for the GOP and placed in the "Toss Up" categury...:lol::lol:

I LOVE THE TEA PARTY! :clap2:

You ignorant shitbag.
The polls show Reid up by 1.4%. Most of these polls have a margin of error of 5%. That makes the race a toss up.
That the Senate Majority leader is about to be unseated by a relative unknown is nothing short of astonishing.

And what part of 'toss up' don't you understand. This seat was a shoe-in for the GOP.....until they nominated this lunatic.

The Las Vegas Review Journal, Nevada's largest newspaper, endorsed Dingy Harry in 2004.

Guess who they're endorsing this time around?

...Sharon Angle.

New Topics

Forum List

Back